Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia really have become the Nazis they accuse the Ukrainians of being.

I honestly think Putin become fearful of the younger generations of the Russian population. Russia seen somewhat of a population boom from the 80-2000’s~ and somewhat of a crash in his generation recently.

Those old corrupt dogs become out numbered, but this war is a great way to thin numbers.

Last edited:
To be honest, you have to kind of respect the pure levels of balls displayed by Russia here, it's amazing.

The whole point of Wagner in the first place was to field a private military army that couldn't be connected back to the government, so it could be sent to fight in wars and fight for dictators where it would be politically problematic for Russia to be seen sending military aid.

Now they have replaced Wagner with a new private army, belonging to the state owned energy company, it's basically like us sending the (fictional) private army of Network Rail to annex Iceland but being like "nothing to do with us mate".

They are much more than an energy company, partly due to the scope of what their main service is, they also have, fund or are affiliated with significant transport infrastructure and manufacturing, financial services, all kinds of building industries including military infrastructure, security services, media, etc.

It's not that they've dropped the façade, it's that they've replaced it with a transparent façade and they're still acting like nobody can see through it even though they know everyone can.

Problem is it often works, sometimes due to being so audacious I think some people can't believe it is reality because it doesn't fit with their preconceived notions of how the world is supposed to work. For instance the way they built up troops and equipment in the first place leading up to the invasion - a lot of people were in denial despite it being fairly transparent the cynical exercise in maskirovka mostly worked.

Last edited:
In the first two weeks of Ukraine’s grueling counteroffensive, as much as 20 percent of the weaponry it sent to the battlefield was damaged or destroyed, according to American and European officials. The toll includes some of the formidable Western fighting machines — tanks and armored personnel carriers — the Ukrainians were counting on to beat back the Russians.

The startling rate of losses dropped to about 10 percent in the ensuing weeks, the officials said, preserving more of the troops and machines needed for the major offensive push that the Ukrainians say is still to come.

Some of the improvement came because Ukraine changed tactics, focusing more on wearing down the Russian forces with artillery and long-range missiles than charging into enemy minefields and fire.

Soon as they gain more ground on the south the real push from the north will happen and collapse the front. If the north goes to fast it will force thousands of Russians South that would slow them down to a stalemate. Meanwhile the Russians are suffering high equipment losses

Picked this up from the comments hopefully happens :cool:

The Russians have prepared for the tank offensive and are clearly very concerned about it so I would expect some early heavy losses for Ukraine. The question is can Ukraine flatten large enough areas in Russia defences to push through.

There goes the only competent person we had!

Always going to happen.

As soon as the government said cuts would have to be made to fund the 6% pay rises yet only 5% for the military? But not the upper senior positions I hear?

The Military was always going to be the cash cow to pay for everything again...

Last edited:
There goes the only competent person we had!

After his recent comment about Ukraine being grateful I suspect Sunak gave him a dressing down, which is something he would never accept. As others have said he was the only competent politician we have at the moment. This is a sad day.

Last edited:
After his recent comment about Ukraine being grateful I suspect Sunak gave him a dressing down, which is something he would never accept. As others have said he was the only competent politician we have at the moment. This is a sad day.

I don't know bbc article seems to suggest he said he was resigning since June.

Also his comments taken out of context (I posted what Ben Wallace said about that yesterday).

Always going to happen.

As soon as the government said cuts would have to be made to fund the 6% pay rises yet only 5% for the military? But not the upper senior positions I hear?

The Military was always going to be the cash cow to pay for everything again...

I thought the 6% has to come from existing budgets, so its not extra money, they need to find cut costing to pay for it. So I don't see why the military should be hit by that. Unless I've misunderstood of course.

Sounds like Hitler’s Final Solution.. who are the nazis again?

The Russians/Soviets weren't much better than the Nazis. They were allied to them in the 1930s. No they didn't persecute the Jews as badly but they were hardly treated well and their treatment of the people in the counties they seized after WW2 was appalling, millions murdered by them. Sadly seems very little has changed, I think a comparison to Nazi SS troops is justified.

I thought the 6% has to come from existing budgets, so its not extra money, they need to find cut costing to pay for it. So I don't see why the military should be hit by that. Unless I've misunderstood of course.

Think you are right.

On him leaving why want the head NATO job then next say he's had enough of all the pressure cooker jobs, dunno just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom