Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your cheerleading for authoritarian nations is getting tiresome. Why are so eager to spout their propaganda?

Oh I think the Chinese government is some next level of Hell. I'm just not under some bizarre illusion that the US government is this benevolent power like apparently most people in here are, specifically since Russia invaded Ukraine. It's so strange how typically left wing people are now defending US imperialism across the globe, most of you would've slashed military spending only a couple of years ago given the chance and scrapped our nuclear weapons.

Which part?

The US has China and Russia encircled in a deliberate strategy to contain them both.

david-vine-us-military-bases-2015.jpg

Somewhat bemused by your stance, how did you think USA hegemony functioned? And at the global scale to protect and assert their interests?

Last edited:
Is this a new low? linking a DM article quoting a guest (albeit not an insignificant one) on the biggest trash talking propaganda show on Russian state TV...

The Sulwaki corridor is heavily wargamed, its the Fulda Gap of today. Any significant movement of troops or build ups will be spotted and given a warm welcome when they decide to embark on such a stupid task. Lets not forget that Poland are itching to take the gloves off. This wouldnt be the meter by meter battles we see in Ukraine, NATO would flatten anything that attempts it.
I suspect that they would only attempt such foolishness after the point of no return, IE they are already at war with NATO.

Oh I think the Chinese government is some next level of Hell. I'm just not under some bizarre illusion that the US government is this benevolent power like apparently most people in here are, specifically since Russia invaded Ukraine. It's so strange how typically left wing people are now defending US imperialism across the globe, most of you would've slashed military spending only a couple of years ago given the chance and scrapped our nuclear weapons.

Just the Chinese government?

Imperialism? America promoting democracy and capitalism is hardly imperialism. I'm talking about the last 30 years here and not the cold war years. We are never going to have a perfectly benevolent country or leadership leading the world, just look at the useless idiots we've had over the last few years in this country, the only thing they got right was Ukraine. But compared to Russia or China the US is saint like. They've made mistakes but the last thing we need is for the US to become isolationist because if it does China will be there to replace it and the likes of Russia will jump at the chance to expand their borders. You sound more and more like MTG that wants the US to step down from its roll.

I'm sure there are many who thought we should reduce military spending and channel the money elsewhere but war on your doorstep tends to focus the mind. Its fantastic that all our political parties, left and right are united in backing Ukraine and improving our military, as a centrist this makes me very happy.

Is this a new low? linking a DM article quoting a guest (albeit not an insignificant one) on the biggest trash talking propaganda show on Russian state TV...

The Sulwaki corridor is heavily wargamed, its the Fulda Gap of today. Any significant movement of troops or build ups will be spotted and given a warm welcome when they decide to embark on such a stupid task. Lets not forget that Poland are itching to take the gloves off. This wouldnt be the meter by meter battles we see in Ukraine, NATO would flatten anything that attempts it.
I suspect that they would only attempt such foolishness after the point of no return, IE they are already at war with NATO.

I'm cynical as to NATO's readiness, even with a weakened Russia, but a few thousand Wagner fighters even with a few Pantsir units and SU-24s (which apparently they had a small number of) would get so utterly obliterated it wouldn't even be funny.

However if Putin did ever look for an off-ramp IMO sacrificing a few thousand Russian soldiers (or Wagner forces or similar being more likely) in some kind of provocation against NATO so as to sell it domestically as NATO aggression is one way he might do it and something I think we are a bit under-prepared for actually happening despite the drills, etc.

Last edited:
According to roar it's not an invasion if you claim you have a historical ownership of the land or water.

So China has not invaded Tibet and various SEA countries' economic zones.

China is preparing their people to take this even a step further. The book written by Xi Ping called Xi Ping Thought, includes sections where Xi Ping says Chinese people did not come from Africa but are their own race totally seperate and everyone else came from black Africans, but there is no black in Chinese. Furthermore Xi Ping goes on to say that China is the birth place of all of Asia and all Asians are Chinese brothers and should act collectively under the CCP to combat the West.

Read between the lines, and he's saying they are the superior race and all Asian peoples are basically Chinese and should be controlled by the CCP. I can't imagine why Xi Ping is telling his people this... maybe you guys can take a guess

And by the way, state employees in China, which includes about 100 million people, are required to take tests from time to time that tests their knowledge on this book to ensure they understand and follow its teachings. China is also in the process of integrating the book's teachings into the school curriculum

Last edited:
According to roar it's not an invasion if you claim you have a historical ownership of the land or water.

So China has not invaded Tibet and various SEA countries' economic zones.

China is preparing their people to take this even a step further. The book written by Xi Ping called Xi Ping Thought, includes sections where Xi Ping says Chinese people did not come from Africa but are their own race totally seperate and everyone else came from black Africans, but there is no black in Chinese. Furthermore Xi Ping goes on to say that China is the birth place of all of Asia and all Asians are Chinese brothers and should act collectively under the CCP to combat the West.

Read between the lines, and he's saying they are the superior race and all Asian peoples are basically Chinese and should be controlled by the CCP. I can't imagine why Xi Ping is telling his people this... maybe you guys can take a guess

And by the way, state employees in China, which includes about 100 million people, are required to take tests from time to time that tests their knowledge on this book to ensure they understand and follow its teachings. China is also in the process of integrating the book's teachings into the school curriculum

Can’t think of another master race imperium that has occurred in the last 100 years..

Have China invaded someone?
Aside from Mongolia, Xinjiang and the annexation of Tibet you mean? Hmm, tough one.

China is preparing their people to take this even a step further. The book written by Xi Ping called Xi Ping Thought, includes sections where Xi Ping says Chinese people did not come from Africa but are their own race totally seperate and everyone else came from black Africans, but there is no black in Chinese.
Thats been standard doctrine for years in China nothing new there

Last edited:
Reactions: SPG
It's OK everyone, the big guy has got it sorted.

:rolleyes:

Have China invaded someone?

* Korea (ruled & occupied for 400 years)
* Vietnam (ruled & occupied for 1,000 years)
* India
* Myanmar
* Japan
* Tibet (ruled & occupied to this day)
* Philippines

Yes, the US has invaded more countries (though typically to support allies in a wider conflict) but that's completely irrelevant. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the US has never invaded a country and subsequently occupied it for several centuries.

Last edited:
It would seem something has happened to the Kerch bridge...missile attack or someone cut some corners in the repairs (good old russian corruption) bit the bridge is closed for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom