Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ukraine attacking Russian bridge is not good for the rest of the world who will suffer if Putin escalates the stakes.

Ukraine was part of Russia in the 90's - its not worth the UK and west supporting this war.

I'm sure if people of the UK were asked is it ok to support Ukraine in Russian bridge attack if the realiation is nuclear warheads launched at UK? The answer would be no.

The other reason I say this is because I have family working in the NHS who tell me that some Asian doctors went out to Ukraine to support them. But they were met with racism from Ukraines and don't want them there so they came back. They don't tell you that on MSM ukraines are racists so I don't think the Ukraine deserve the wests support - they are just as bad.

How many people globally are suffering from famine cost of living crisis because of this war? Is it worth the billions of suffering? Putin doesn't want to take over the world he just wants back what was lost very very recently so west should let it go and no more lives lost and everyone lives.

And to those who support the war - if the uk ends up being involved in a nuclear war and your family suffers just remember some people will say I told you and forecast was it worth it on balance?

Having said that some things are worth fighting for but this is not one of them.

Scary times for people of the UK.

Last edited:
Taking out the bridge periodically may actually be more annoying for Russia than if it's gone, they have to maintain defensive watch on this bridge which takes manpower and resources away that could be used elsewhere, and not like that bridge is something you can fix in a day, that also takes resources/manpower.

Perhaps, but on the other hand, taking it out would require military supplies to be rerouted through Donetsk, which I would think gives significant long term advantages to the Ukrainians.

There would be the immediate short term delay to supply areas in the south west occupied regions, but longer term a greater demand and reliance on the Donetsk/Mariupol part of their logistic (rail) network, reduced through rate to end destinations, bottlenecks, more material consolidated within a region that is closer to the front lines and strike ranges of Ukrainian weaponry. I presume their road vehicle supply logistics are still on the inadequate side and would therefore struggle even further to cope with additional demand over elongated supply lines.

Counter to that, I suppose it could be contraindicated as it would force the Russian's to concentrate defensive forces along the route even further than they already have, and it is an area that Ukraine is seemingly looking for the opportunity to punch through.

The other reason I say this is because I have family working in the NHS who tell me that some Asian doctors went out to Ukraine to support them. But they were met with racism from Ukraines and don't want them there so they came back. They don't tell you that on MSM ukraines are racists so I don't think the Ukraine deserve the wests support - they are just as bad.

You know where the origins of this racism comes from? one of the many things Ukraine has been trying to improve on since leaving the shadow of Russia/USSR.

Same with the right wing ultras which Russia has railed about and used to call Ukraine Nazis... that's right originates out of Russian nationalist organisations, another thing Ukraine has been trying to improve on by absorbing some of those right wing paramilitaries into the official armed forces structure so as to be able to regulate it and son on. You can't just throw these things off overnight.

Ukraine was part of Russia in the 90's - its not worth the UK and west supporting this war.

You are completely wrong about this, Russia rolling over Ukraine won't just end there we've seen time and time throughout history it just encourages the likes of Putin to replay that card until met with resolute force, which unfortunately sooner or later brings the war to our doorstep and/or raises the nuclear stakes incredibly high - it is absolutely worth us supporting Ukraine, even if it is in some ways for selfish reasons, to make sure this doesn't come home.

How many people globally are suffering from famine cost of living crisis because of this war? Is it worth the billions of suffering? Putin doesn't want to take over the world he just wants back what was lost very very recently so west should let it go and no more lives lost and everyone lives.

Incredibly naive, Russia taking Ukraine doesn't just end the deaths and suffering there, we've seen both recently and throughout history the human cost of the USSR/Russia occupying a country - there is a reason the likes of Poland and the Baltics and other countries in eastern Europe are stepping up so much in support even when they have limited means, they know only too well the cost and don't want to see that happen again.

Last edited:
Ukraine attacking Russian bridge is not good for the rest of the world who will suffer if Putin escalates the stakes.

I'm sure if people of the UK were asked is it ok to support Ukraine in Russian bridge attack if the realiation is nuclear warheads launched at UK? The answer would be no.

And to those who support the war - if the uk ends up being involved in a nuclear war and your family suffers just remember some people will say I told you and forecast was it worth it on balance?

Having said that some things are worth fighting for but this is not one of them.

Why? Seems like russians should fear their own ICBMs as much as the west.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad/bad news, but xenophobia and racism are very very common throughout much of the rest of the world. I'm not excusing it or justifying it, only I think many of us in the 'western' world - or at least some who are quite sheltered and not been exposed to it - have a slightly naive perspective because of our (absolutely correct) increased efforts in modern times to combat it within our societies.

You receiving this 'revelation' in this way and using it as a means to undermine support for a sovereign nation defending itself from an aggressor really says more about you than you might realise. I am sure you appreciate that the Russians don't exactly have a great track record when it comes to racism and xenophobia? Both the societies in this conflict have a problem here, but your argument is that therefore Russia should be allowed to invade and occupy Ukraine?

As to your cost of living crisis argument. Be prepared to expect more of the same if Russia is permitted to conduct itself this way and achieve its objectives. All you are doing is teaching them that it is an effective tactic.
edit: and giving Russia direct control over a greater proportion of the very resources that would allow them to cause more impactful and damaging cost of living crisis in the future.

Last edited:
Hey guys, all you who support Ukraine defending themselves are "woke left" :cry:

It's hilarious how meaningless these garbage soundbites have become from the morons who just shout woke (or But Corbyn!!!11!!) at everything they disagree with.
probably the same ones who think Palestine aren't allowed to defend themselves and must be a prison state for all eternity for daring to put up any resistance :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yep, fully support Ukraine. Wish and hope we do more. I'll be dammed if the world will be held at ransom to some old frail loser with little man syndrome just because his failed state has nuclear capabilities. I'd be more concerned about those ICBM's failing and tearing Russia a few new craters than anything.

Impressive amounts of wrong given the length of post.

Yep, fully support Ukraine. Wish and hope we do more. I'll be dammed if the world will be held at ransom to some old frail loser with little man syndrome just because his failed state has nuclear capabilities. I'd be more concerned about those ICBM's failing and tearing Russia a few new craters than anything.

I fully expect in the coming decades more and more states to develop or be capable of developing nuclear capabilities and ranged delivery systems.
It is unavoidable as the rest of the world inevitably "levels up" technologically. It is a reason the USA and others have worked so hard to control it post WWII.

Not a great message to send out if every time a nation with nuclear capabilities threatens to use them then get their way.
Encourage the pursuit of the capability and then the ransoming to get their way.

It's not Russia's to "take back". We get that you would sacrifice a couple of 100 million people to bondage and slavery if it meant your big Mac was a little cheaper, especially "those sorts of people" " not worth fighting for" you big fat racist.

And if there's a nuclear war you'd be dead too so we wouldn't have to listen to your told you so's, which would be a bonus.

Why can't people understand this very simple concept. If Russia wins in Ukraine, it will be a BIGGER threat than it is now. Don't try the "I told you so" crud.

Yep. If you're worried about cost of living crisis for example, imagine the greater manipulative power Russia will have at their disposal if you give them more direct control over grain/chemical/fuel supply than they already had!

Last edited:

This war is a little more important than that. Don’t you think lobbying for an entire nation to be wiped from the map because of someone insulting someone else is somewhat of an over reaction and a little hysterical?

Last edited:

Your post shows your ignorance, not to mention your cowardice.

Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union not Russia, Russia was itself also part of the Soviet Union. When this split in 1991 Russia was the largest state and therefore continued to use the name Russia (or Russian Federation).

By your logic other break-away ex-Soviet Union states are also fair game, so when they attack Lithuania or Estonia we're also meant to just sit back and let them?

By extension you're sort of saying it's OK for us to invade Ireland and take that back as well? It's not been that long since it was part of the British Empire after all.

If we allow Putin to threaten using nukes to get what he wants, then we need to be prepared to call that bluff. Any use of Nuclear weapons will be disastrous in turn for Russia, as we also have them. It will be on them to escalate to that level, not us. We aren't propagating nuclear weapons (unlike Russia who are handing them out like candy to Belarus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom