Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is going to be down to Turkey. Let's see if their resolve stands.
I get the feeling Erdogan wont like having his bluff called by a fellow strongman dictator. If Turkey fails to intervene it makes them look incredibly weak. Unless of course he can spin some kind of narrative I'd say Turkey has no choice but to get involved.

Last edited:
I think Putin wants a reaction from the peoples of others countries. If he forces inflation to happen again, forces countries in to starvation, then I guess he is hoping to turn the people in the West against the war.
If he wins in Ukraine then those things will get worse. Russia will control very significant amounts of resources and food.

Hes sort of right.
Historically places that had the right climate would benefit most from growing xyz.
If something changes then that might change the balance of the equation. The main change in regards staple foods is the yield x the value.
If the price jumps then others may switch to producing even with lower yield.

This also of course intersects with climate change. Some crops are seeing yields drop and/or more catastrophic events affecting them.
Coffee for example is potentially going to need to move from its traditional growing regions. They are working on different cultivars etc but its on the edge compared to historic robustness in its ability to cope with the climate.

Between Russia and Ukraine, together they control a huge volume of the world supply of Grain.

If you think that Russia won't take advantage of this to hold people to ransom, then I have some magic beans to sell :)

It's 10% of the World's supply, it's hugely significant.

Especially when 1 in 10 people in the World go to bed hungry as it is.

Yep it is significant

The world lives very much on the edge, we push the earths population to the limit and hope for the best

I'd like to see some research done so quantify the deaths - I'd like to know how many children in Africa will now have to starve to death because the UN can't buy grain for them from Ukraine because Russia blew up the grain and blocks ships

And then I'd like all the pro Russians to explain why they enjoy killing African children

Last edited:
There does not seem to be any sign of shortage. Only market manipulations...

Last edited:
Sadly that's them all over. Cowardly and actually crooked. No wonder certain posters hold the attitude they do given where they reside.
As someone once said "money don't smell". It is one thing supplying directly and getting through third countries though. The red army has a lot of collaborators such as Kazakstan sadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom