Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want me banned for saying things you don't like or disagree with, but you're against Putin for being a Nazi or whatever? Okay brainiac
You blatently troll every thread. Now you're making rather stupid statements which are clearly false. I don't think anyone minds people having different viewpoints, but that's obviously not what you're doing.

You want me banned for saying things you don't like or disagree with, but you're against Putin for being a Nazi or whatever? Okay brainiac
It's not that you're saying things we don't like or disagree with, it's that you're saying things that are factually incorrect, like literally a lie that Russia hasn't tried to take territory outside of the 4 regions it illegally annexed and then failed to hold in their entirity

It's like having a murderer go on a murder spree, then being caught, and then you saying well he hasn't tried to murder anybody since he got caught so he's not all that bad

Last edited:
They've made persistent attempts to take the Kharkiv area for one - early in the war they nearly over-ran the city if not for coming up against the 92nd and 93rd OMBR (and extremely liberal use of RPGs by Ukraine). They've since redirected a lot of focus away from the area but I suspect mostly due to the symbolic and for awhile strategic importance of taking Bakhmut.

Russia would have also progressed much further if their infiltration and bribes had been more effective - in most areas those taking Russian money had either over-stated their importance to keep the money coming and/or either handed themselves in or made themselves scarce when things kicked off - only in the south really did Russian sympathetic officials open the gates so to speak to Russian forces which unfortunately had a big hand in shaping the war as forces had to be pulled from elsewhere to protect against the vulnerability there precipitating a wider collapse of defensive forces.

This is actually a good post. But you acknowledge most of the Russian offensive was focused in Bakhmut in Donetsk Oblast, one of the areas Russia has claimed to annex. I don't doubt early on in the war Russia attempted to control Ukraine, remove the government and capture the country. I'm saying since September 2023 Putin had to change his goal due to being unable to accomplish that. If I'm wrong and Russia is performing massive offensives in other areas then fair enough.

This is actually a good post. But you acknowledge most of the Russian offensive was focused in Bakhmut in Donetsk Oblast, one of the areas Russia has claimed to annex. I don't doubt early on in the war Russia attempted to control Ukraine, remove the government and capture the country. I'm saying since September 2023 Putin had to change his goal due to being unable to accomplish that. If I'm wrong and Russia is performing massive offensives in other areas then fair enough.

That doesn't meant he'll settle for changing his goal in that respect, even if he was by force of circumstances having to do that in the more immediate term.

Do you recall the Russians dropping cluster bombs on Ukrainian woman and children at train stations as they desperately attempted to leave these newly annexed areas?

Maybe the groups of adolescent boys being rounded up, tied together in manageable bunches then shot like dogs and dumped in unmarked graves?

Last edited:
Has Russia attempted to take any territory beyond the 4 areas it claimed to have annexed?

Clearly at the start of the war there was an attempt to decapitate the government in Kyiv that failed, beyond that Putin announced in September last year they'd annexed the 4 areas in Eastern Ukraine, have they attempted to take anything further? To my knowledge they haven't. I think they've completely revised their war goals from the initial invasion.

So in the same post as telling me I'm dumb, you're telling me they "got stopped otherwise they would have kept going", so they aren't currently fighting for their existence then are they? I swear most of you seem like NPC's unable to actually discuss remotely nuanced ideas.

So they attempted to take the capital which would have effectively meant they had the country but you are saying they haven't attempted to take any territory beyond the 4 areas Putin announced. Putin is Hitler and in 1939 a line was drawn.

You are just embarrassing yourself in here now.

Last edited:
That doesn't meant he'll settle for changing his goal in that respect, even if he was by force of circumstances having to do that in the more immediate term.
Putin has had to, essentially, rethink his approach. In the same breath, the acceptance that he's arrest on sight by not going to South Africa, means he's pretty much got a terminal trajectory in this argument and only the next in line will see anything other than being held accountable and being blamed for all the wrong in Russia if they decide to change their dogma (low chance).

When Putin dies - the power vacuum will be immense. Even the party members in the Duma may have difficulty containing it.

So they attempted to take the capital which would have effectively meant they had the country but you are saying they haven't attempted to take any territory beyond the 4 areas Putin announced.

I said they are no longer facing an existential threat, since Putin announced the annexations they are no longer actively attempting to capture the whole of Ukraine, their revised goals seem to be to settle for the annexed territories. Why is this even a controversial view? It is literally what we are witnessing. I didn't deny they tried to invade Kyiv.

Victor Orban says Slovakia and Czech Republic are break away regions that belong to Hungary

Sounds like another dictator wants to play empire

I'm sure our foreign policy expert, Roar87, will find a way to appease Orban to prevent war in Central Europe

Last edited:
I said they are no longer facing an existential threat, since Putin announced the annexations they are no longer actively attempting to capture the whole of Ukraine, their revised goals seem to be to settle for the annexed territories. Why is this even a controversial view? It is literally what we are witnessing. I didn't deny they tried to invade Kyiv.
Whilst I dont think this is entirely wrong. They may not face an immediate existential threat as it currently stands. I dont doubt for a second that the end goal is to control the entirety of Ukraine (If not physically then by influence through puppet government) and likely Moldova as well. That still amounts to a significant existential threat. They clearly want full control of the Black Sea region and significant buffer zone between NATO countries and Russia proper. Whilst being totally blind to the fact that NATO wouldnt be a threat if Russia wasnt a threat to the world.

I think you are a bit naive to think that ending support will return economies to some sort of normal state. Get used to what we presently have, this is likely the new norm, and will be for a generation at least. As long as there is threat to energy security. It will only get worse with a strengthened Russia if they prevail in Ukraine with a favorable outcome (Retaining held territories). They still hold significant sway in the energy and natural resources sectors and can still heavily influence pricing and production even without directly selling to the west.

Last edited:

You honestly believe Putin? You claim to have watched many interviews and what you have taken from them is that Ukraine and the rest of Europe should take Putin at his word? So he won't build up his military again, he won't continue to try and destabilise Ukraine, his soldiers and mercenaries won't continue to carry out attacks over the borders of these regions which he will say are just freedom fighters? And when he feels circumstances are in his favour he won't invade the rest of Ukraine and finish the job?

If you believe that you are incredibly gullible.

Victor Orban says Slovakia and Czech Republic are break away regions that belong to Hungary

Sounds like another dictator wants to play empire

I'm sure our foreign policy expert, Roar87, will find a way to appease Orban to prevent war in Central Europe

What happens if a NATO member attacks another NATO member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom