Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you lost a family member and the vehicles they were in were described as "mostly empty" I don't think you'd feel like their lives were really being respected.
You pick bizarre things to focus on, you really do! If the troops had dismounted and the driver/commander were all that were left in the vehicles, then they were mostly empty, there isnt any lack of respect implied by that statement. Simple statements.

If you lost a family member and the vehicles they were in were described as "mostly empty" I don't think you'd feel like their lives were really being respected.

That’s what you would feel? I’d be felling many emotions. Sadness, humility, pride in the sacrifice they made so others can exist.

I wonder how they were seized given Ukraine doesn't really have a Navy to be working the Black Sea, unless they were seized elsewhere at a stop off port ?
I would imagine the route would have been via a train from a nearby ammo depot to a North Korean port, loaded onto a 3rd party cargo vessel which then would have sailed back to eastern Russia to be loaded back onto a train and taken to Rostov On Don.

The tweet mentions the rockets were intercepted by a 'friendly country' so it will likely be South Korea, Japan, the US or maybe Australia (doubtful as it's a bit out the way).

Last edited:
Something I noticed; I was watching a documentary about the Nazi killing of the Jews in Ukraine and the documentary included footage of armoured battles in Ukraine and I saw something that we don't see either side do today.

Today we see both sides sending armoured vehicles in columns down pre defined roads. But in ww2 the Germans sent their armour in horizontal columns across fields.

At first I thought ok in winter you couldn't drive over fields because it's muddy but it's the middle of summer and we still haven't seen this. Is it because the fields are mined worse than the roads? There must be reason because it would be harder for artillery to target vehicles pushing over fields in wide formations than hitting the patch of road over and over

OK
Something I noticed; I was watching a documentary about the Nazi killing of the Jews in Ukraine and the documentary included footage of armoured battles in Ukraine and I saw something that we don't see either side do today.

Today we see both sides sending armoured vehicles in columns down pre defined roads. But in ww2 the Germans sent their armour in horizontal columns across fields.

At first I thought ok in winter you couldn't drive over fields because it's muddy but it's the middle of summer and we still haven't seen this. Is it because the fields are mined worse than the roads? There must be reason because it would be harder for artillery to target vehicles pushing over fields in wide formations than hitting the patch of road over and over
Fields are deeply mined. Moving in a column behind a mine roller vehicle/an area cleared by line charges/a known clear route is typically what is seen.

In WW2, the Germans had officers and NCOs commanding their tanks that knew what they were doing (until late war losses anyway).

And they weren’t facing precision AT weapons, smart AT submunitions delivered by 155mm shells, precision regular artillery, HIMMARs and suicide drones.

Interesting maybe keeping quiet which would be advisable but the lack of anything showing beyond training well away from the frontlines despite the units they are attached to having moved up suggests they aren't going to be used any time soon :s

It would be pretty poor operational security if they answered that question.

There are other things they do that don't make sense; for example pulling up vehicle next to the trench, everyone jump out and assault, meanwhile vehicles get blown up by artillery

What they should be doing is coming in, infantry dismount, if infantry can dismount while the vehicle is moving even better and as soon as the infantry is off, that vehicle needs to keep moving away and only return when the infantry needs an extract

The Russians shelling its own positions makes little sense.

Hope they remembered the Calgon as washing machines live longer with Calgon...

Lets be honest, how poor and rundown must Russians be to go out and steal white goods, risking life and limb to liberate a washing machine.

I know Moscow and St Petersburg are different but the rest of Russia must live in pure poverty to not have toilets or white goods.

The ones that steal them must be from those poor areas so I suppose it shows where the cannon fodder is from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom