Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen a Challenger in the wild yet?

Aside from one recent training video which was locatable to Ukraine I've seen nothing, though it doesn't mean much the commanders of the southern and eastern fronts have claimed they've not been sent to them. The units they are attached to have moved to forward positions (or at least some elements have) but I've seen nothing of them in use - but that isn't necessarily unusual as media from the regular army is much more strictly controlled - a lot of what we see is from irregular or territorial forces.

Last edited:
Shame time running out with the weather as the gains are quite steady.
I am blocked from Xwitter, so maybe not as informed
Last checked, the steady gains were measured in hundreds of meters and no indication of breaking through the defensive line
It would take decades

Last checked, the steady gains were measured in hundreds of meters and no indication of breaking through the defensive line
It would take decades

I wouldn't say 100 of metres a lot of ground been taken back in Bakhmut for example, aswell as some big pushes in the south.

There is a lot of areas which is general stalemate and 100 of metres get taken and then retaken.

It would take decades
Yep it would take decades if advances worked only at fixed speeds. Hang on let me check my history books and I'll update (hah the travel update thread humour).

How much experience do you have with Military operations or SEAD missions?

Go on then, tell us how he's wrong. A meagre amount of F-16's will not do anything, they'll have no AWACS support and will be flying against superior jets with more modern avionics who also have AWACS cover and some of the best anti-air systems available.

From what I can tell the main benefit of F16s is anti air capability.
To disrupt the Russians from their air usage at the front. (Don't read that as prevent Russian usage of air)

They certainly will not achieve air supremacy or superiority.
I assume part of the supressing Russian air will allow some anti air units further forwards as well doubling the impact.
Those unit seems somewhat at risk due to Russian air strikes.

To disrupt the Russians from their air usage at the front. (Don't read that as prevent Russian usage of air)

They certainly will not achieve air supremacy or superiority.
I assume part of the supressing Russian air will allow some anti air units further forwards as well doubling the impact.
Those unit seems somewhat at risk due to Russian air strikes.

Dropping massive bombs, engaging Russian bombers having a field day with helicopters.

Go on then, tell us how he's wrong. A meagre amount of F-16's will not do anything, they'll have no AWACS support and will be flying against superior jets with more modern avionics who also have AWACS cover and some of the best anti-air systems available.

Why don’t you tell us comrade Roar.

I'm curious if they will be allowed to link up with the E3's that the flyover the western Black sea. however, they will be at a disadvantage for radar range and engagement range to the eastern front.

Dropping massive bombs, engaging Russian bombers having a field day with helicopters.

I read something which I based my comments on, that bombers would be unaffected as already at stand off range, they are only launching missiles not traditional bombing runs
Helos yes for sure thats the main benefit, dissuading them a bit more from frontline action.

F16s certainly are not the holy grail. But at least an improvement in capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom