Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we completely disagree on so many topics, on this one I'm 100% in agreement with you.

However, if you might be thinking that by using a rational, logical statement you'll maybe change the opinion of anyone that's already deeply bought into the media's often repeated mantra of "the next western weapon we give them will win the war" then, like myself when I tried to explain this to people, I think you'll be in a for a hard slog explaining why F-16's aren't the next wonder weapon sadly.
I think the one takeaway from this war is when fighting near pier adversaries there is no such thing as a wonder weapon and the need for a tightly integrated combined arms approach just as important today as it was 100 years ago.

As for the F-16's if the US and rest of NATO didn't think they would make any significant difference I doubt they would go through all the trouble of training dozens of pilots and crew to fly and maintain these things.

IMO the best case scenario is the F-16's gives Ukraine local air superiority allowing it's ground forces to move forwards without interference from Russian aviation and artillery.

Last edited:
Re the above, video from the boat just released

getting Police Squad vibes.
giphy.gif

Russia has gone full propaganda mode. The news site I read for a laugh is claiming all naval drones were destroyed and that there was no damage or casualties. They usually twist everything but to outright deny it is pretty desperate from them given the images that have surfaced.

Russia has gone full propaganda mode. The news site I read for a laugh is claiming all naval drones were destroyed and that there was no damage or casualties. They usually twist everything but to outright deny it is pretty desperate from them given the images that have surfaced.

I see that to haha.

Although we need some perspective here it just a landing ship that was hit.

This is just mere physcological blow would be better to hit the ships that are firing missiles.

Last edited:
Indeed

I saw something the other day which said top two most effective and surprising weapons on the war so far
Russian Lancet and Ukrainian boat drones
Hard to disagree with either
One thing I’ve noticed from lancet hits is every single time there’s another drone filming from high above. Never seen one where it’s just the lancet pov.
Anyone know if it has to work in a pair with the drone above guiding, relaying instructions to it?
If so a little surprised at their effectiveness given need two drones in the area for it to work.

The drone boat seemed relatively small and not fast. I guess they maneuver in fairly close at a slow speed to avoid a noticeable wake in the water. They are too low and small for radar. So it will depend on someone manually spotting it. They probably attacked a landing ship because the bigger boats may have been too large for the amount of explosives on the drone, or would be more likely to be spotted by lookouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom