Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or massively brainwashed/state funded.
These people have had propaganda force fed to them for over 20 years.

Unfortunately even once this is over and with Putin removed/no longer a problem (whatever happens, nature will take its course) things will not change. I fear the only way to change the ingrained identity crisis mixed with medieval serfdom would be to dissolve the state and occupy them - basically the same as Germany post WW2.

That Tanker won't be delivering any more aviation fuel for a while. The control room is completely flooded.

Tanker.jpg
Ohh what a shame

I am sure that Boeing and Airbus would realise that they were ordering extra parts above their stock of planes. More like a small Kolkata workshop reworking brake parts as they do bike and car parts.

Anyway these planes are largely stolen so they can not be supported by service agreements.

Boeing you need cryptographic keys to fly.. supposedly.. so not sure how they're flying them..

Torpedoes?
Torpedoes require a submarine, the Black sea fleet will have a few submarine hunters in their midst so I wouldn't fancy my chances firing from a sub.

And anyway Ukraine has no subs so it would have to be NATO and thats not going to happen.

I must admit though a homemade sea drone worth around 3k taking out a 750 hundred million pound Russian ship is extremely good value for money

Last edited:
Torpedoes require a submarine

Not necessarily, there's plenty of current torpedoes that can be ship launched or (specifically in Ukraine) dropped from helicopters/aircraft, so I would imagine fitting some to a drone-boat could be done if they wanted to.

The explosive yield of an air-delivered torpedo would be quite small compared to submarine launched torpedoes and there would be no "guidance" once launched to make sure it only went after a specific ship, so using them around Neutral shipping would be a huge problem, but these are things which could be worked around for sure.

Torpedoes require a submarine, the Black sea fleet will have a few submarine hunters in their midst so I wouldn't fancy my chances firing from a sub.

And anyway Ukraine has no subs so it would have to be NATO and thats not going to happen.

I must admit though a homemade sea drone worth around 3k taking out a 750 hundred million pound Russian ship is extremely good value for money

Torpedoes can be launched from surface craft and aircraft.
Its kinda why the torpedo boat was invented!

I even read some years ago (I seem to recall) about torpedoes launched from/as missiles (rockets).

Not sure if it was that, or something else, but a quick Google turned up the Ikara, developed by the Aussies. Although they seem to have been conceived as anti-submarine weapons, not anti-ship. But anyhow, they are torpedoes launched by aerial drones/rockets.

Perhaps the Ukranians could experiment with that concept a bit more. They seem to be quite capable of inventing their own systems.

Yea I got that wrong I have seen plenty movies where Torps are launched from ships.

When you think of torpedoes the first thing thing that springs to mind is submarines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom