Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, there's plenty of good articles and even videos on it these days. I'll use spoiler tags as it's going a tad off topic now.

A good video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_S9X5HdOM&t=90s
A good article is https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/NevilleChamberlain

But if you want some simple proof there's a point in Tony Blairs memoirs where he actually references Chamberlain's ministerial diary:

“One day [at Chequers], I picked up his diaries and began to read his account of his famous meeting with Hitler prior to Munich in Berchtesgaden. He recounts how Hitler alternated between reason and angry ranting, almost screaming about the Czechs, the Poles, the Jews. Chamberlain came away convinced that he had met a madman, someone who has real capacity to do evil. This is what intrigued me. We are taught that Chamberlain was a dupe; a fool, taken in by Hitler’s charm. He wasn’t. He was entirely alive to his badness.

Last edited:
Er, there's plenty of good articles and even videos on it these days. I'll use spoiler tags as it's going a tad off topic now.

A good video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_S9X5HdOM&t=90s
A good article is https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/NevilleChamberlain

But if you want some simple proof there's a point in Tony Blairs memoirs where he actually references Chamberlain's ministerial diary:

Hitler went on a charm offensive leading up to that, he almost certainly had many including Chamberlain fooled at some point(s). Also not entirely onboard with that version of history - Chamberlain continued at times to try and appease Hitler at the expense of preparing and also part of the reason for being unprepared up to that point. He might not have been entirely fooled but he certainly put a lot of hope on appeasement even when recognising the monster and he wasn't the only one - those immediately before him pursued similar policies. We see this through the lens of post 1940s rather than how they'd have appeared to people before the war.

Hitler went on a charm offensive leading up to that, he almost certainly had many including Chamberlain fooled at some point(s). Also not entirely onboard with that version of history - Chamberlain continued at times to try and appease Hitler at the expense of preparing and also part of the reason for being unprepared up to that point. He might not have been entirely fooled but he certainly put a lot of hope on appeasement even when recognising the monster and he wasn't the only one - those immediately before him pursued similar policies. We see this through the lens of post 1940s rather than how they'd have appeared to people before the war.
Well this is veering O/T now but I can certainly understand the desire to avoid another war, just twenty years after the carnage of 'the war to end all wars'
As history has constantly shown though, dictators can't be reasoned with, or appeased. The only thing they understand is strength.

Some twitter posts i wont link showing the Russian retreat / rout from Urozhaine.

Brings new meaning to ` troops in the open, fire for effect` as cluster rounds are used.

Oof just saw that. That's a Turkey shoot, dozens of Russian infantry retreating on foot down a road while getting shelled by conventional and cluster shells

When the ukranians go down that road they will find a lot of bodies and body parts

Last edited:
Alright, so it was just a made up thing then, I suppose this is the right thread for it.

I don’t expect him to declare himself a Putin stooge, because it’s boarding on treason. Even trump isn’t that stupid… yet.

You can however judge him by his posture. And his posture is undoubtedly oddly accommodating when it comes to Putin.

Last edited:
I don’t expect him to declare himself a Putin stooge, because it’s boarding on treason. Even trump isn’t that stupid… yet.

You can however judge him by his posture. And his posture is undoubtedly oddly accommodating when it comes to Putin.

Then as I said Trump hasn't told anyone to support Russia. The post was made up. Just stop with your derangement.

Then as I said Trump hasn't told anyone to support Russia. The post was made up. Just stop with your derangement.

TBH I think Trump is just still living in hope that Russia can somehow help him return to office.

Trump was calling for Russian hackers to attack his political opponents. I believe he said he would be grateful and America would thank them.

Last edited:
These aren't actually opinions expressed by Donald Trump at any point, they're just things you've made up in your head.
Hmm I trying to work out if you are really that stupid that you cant see Trump is clearly in Putin's back pocket, or just another Russian stooge,

I am going with second one

Trump wants to be Putin. He loves him a brutal dictator. Just look at how he fangirled over Kim Jong Un.
^^^
This is more accurate.

He wants to rule in the same manner. I.e. have all the power. That's what he like about them, not necessarily those guys themselves. In short, he wants to be a dictator.

Interested to see what happens with the bridge head..I hope they can get more people and equipment across with a solid supply line.

Wondering if it is just an attempt to pin Russian resources there, or a slow build build up that will turn into a sudden attack vector.

The certainty in which such strong opinions are held of complete strangers while lacking any evidence always astounds me. I played that Among Us game over lock down with people I knew online, it was interesting how often everyone was wrong about someone lying or voting off people who you thought was the killer and who turned out not to be, what I took from that is that humans form opinions very quickly and they're often just utterly wrong.

The certainty in which such strong opinions are held of complete strangers while lacking any evidence always astounds me. I played that Among Us game over lock down with people I knew online, it was interesting how often everyone was wrong about someone lying or voting off people who you thought was the killer and who turned out not to be, what I took from that is that humans form opinions very quickly and they're often just utterly wrong.

Roar87 is Sus, just saw him in a vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom