Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic case of equating some instances of the same behaviour as them being the same and ignoring that there is a difference in the general standards which are upheld.

' Trust me bro '

The source is the UN. Russia treats their prisoners of war poorly, but so does Ukraine. This is a brutal war.

13. The treatment of prisoners of war by the parties also raised serious concerns. OHCHR viewed an abundance of videos publicly available online depicting interrogation, intimidation, insults, humiliation, ill-treatment, torture and summary executions of prisoners of war on both sides. It has also received numerous other allegations of torture of prisoners of war by both sides, including through 44 interviews with prisoners of war. As of 15 May, OHCHR still had no reliable information about the exact numbers of prisoners of war on both sides.

Last edited:
Is Zelenskyy a wanted criminal? A brutal dictator with thousands of murders to his name? How many Russians have found a better life as a Ukrainian POW than a soldier under Vladolf. Many even now prepared to fight against Putin.

Our dear resident comrades are talking around their hats again. Clearly the Kremlin is in trouble again, this makes me happy.

Last edited:
Is Zelenskyy a wanted criminal? A brutal dictator with thousands of murders to his name? How many Russians have found a better life as a Ukrainian POW than a soldier under Vladolf. Many even now prepared to fight against Putin.

Our dear resident comrades are talking around their hats again. Clearly the Kremlin is in trouble again, this makes happy.

Makes you wonder how many Ukrainians would say the same :

"I hope I will be exchanged and that I won't have to go back into the army," he said. (the russian POW)
"What if you have no choice?" I asked.
He paused for a second: "I have some ideas. I could come back by surrendering voluntarily."

Is Zelenskyy a wanted criminal?
wasn't Ukraine shelling some Russian city the other day ? and they've done a lot of other tit for tat strikes seemingly only designed to cause fear amongst civilian populations.

Surely by anyones standards those actions alone regardless of any treatment of POWs etc is a war crime?

Just because Russia does something doesn't make it right to do the same.

Last edited:
so not supporting what you claimed at all

is this it? a report that was criticised at the time as being heavily biased since it had a lot of access with ukraine held territory but none in russian

I haven't said Russians haven't mistreated their POWs though, I've said both sides do. Why would them not having access to Russian territory make me wrong?

wasn't Ukraine shelling some Russian city the other day ? and they've done a lot of other tit for tat strikes seemingly only designed to cause fear amongst civilian populations.

Surely by anyones standards those actions alone regardless of any treatment of POWs etc is a war crime?

Having war declared on you by Russia isn’t a crime. I don’t think the Ukrainians have shelled targets in Russia TBH.

Wasn’t this caused by russias own anti air missile systems blowing up missiles which results in debris etc falling on residential buildings ? This happens in Ukraine every time. The damage is less than what would be without AA but debri and so on still has to go somewhere. It wasn’t aimed at residential buildings unlike what Russia does.. building, flats, hospitals etc.

I haven't said Russians haven't mistreated their POWs though, I've said both sides do.
The fact you said both sides do is kinda the problem here as you're trying to paint a false narrative (it may be completely unintentional, it may be due to some language barrier or just a poor grasp of English but that's what you're doing).

To use an analogy, in the USA there were over 600 mass shootings last year, in the UK there was 1. If we were going by your logic we would say the mass shootings situation in the USA and the UK equate to the same thing as both sides do it.

There is a distinct difference between a handful of Russian soldiers captured by Ukraine being shoved, spat on or called names by some angry Ukrainians. And thousands of Ukrainian soldiers and civilian hostages captured by Russia being beaten, starved, raped, sodomised, and subjected to torture and forced amputation/castration (sometimes fatally).

Last edited:
You know why you’re wrong. What you’re saying is disingenuous.

The fact you said both sides do is kinda the problem here as you're trying to paint a false narrative

Quoting the UN is disingenuous or painting a false narrative now is it? I know you pair can't stand Roar87 but this attempt to belittle what they've said is very silly now.

If you can't handle the simple truth, that according to the UN both sides have abused their POW's (which is exactly what Roar87 said), then thats a YOU problem, not a Roar87 problem. Hell, I said it too when it first happened, that according the Laws of Armed Conflict that I trained in yearly for over 20 years, Ukraine had abused its POW's and that is a fact. I also said that Russia has abused Ukrainian POW's too, do you want to come after me now as well for saying that?

I also remember people in this thread demanding that Ukraine should torture and murder their Russian POW's after a Russian soldier sliced the testicles off a Ukrainian POW and then added a laugh emoji to my post complaining about it, thats the level of depravity of some of the "good people" in here and how they think POW's should be treated, so I will take no lectures from anyone in here on POW treatment.

***edit*** changed the yellow text for accuracy after re-reading my July '22 post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom