Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it could work to boost their own troops morale.. “Here’s that ****-bag who keeps sending you to die in a morass that’s continually being churned over by Ukrainian artillery. Watch him do the Fandango through a minefield”

The money and the arms haven’t run out. They are just stuck in the west.

This is either a war we win in Ukraine or we have to fight closer to home.

The idea that the west has the option just to become tired and that’s the end of it is false.

If we give up the Russian army is still there just over the boarder. And we have just told Putin that we can’t be bothered to fight.

What happens next?

It’s strange how no one form the “we may as well give up” camp ever answers this question. Despite being asked multiple times.

The money and the arms haven’t run out. They are just stuck in the west.

This is either a war we win in Ukraine or we have to fight closer to home.

The idea that the west has the option just to become tired and that’s the end of it is false.

If we give up the Russian army is still there just over the boarder. And we have just told Putin that we can’t be bothered to fight.

What happens next?

Personally don't see it coming to fighting Russia closer to home, but the more the West appears like it can't be bothered to fight the more likely that becomes. I do see a very high likelihood if Ukraine does fall that we have a vastly costly security nightmare on our border though which will massively outweigh the economic costs, etc. of just doing more now... but like with COVID people are too short-sighted for that.

Personally don't see it coming to fighting Russia closer to home, but the more the West appears like it can't be bothered to fight the more likely that becomes. I do see a very high likelihood if Ukraine does fall that we have a vastly costly security nightmare on our border though which will massively outweigh the economic costs, etc. of just doing more now... but like with COVID people are too short-sighted for that.
I was always under the impression the West (or atleast the intelligence community and such) want this to remain a stalemate of sorts for the foreseeable future because it bleeds Russia slowly and unites the West from a military standpoint. That ultimately it strengthens us. I’m sure it’s more nuanced than that but China essentially feels the same but for different reasons. They don’t want a strong, successful Russia anymore than we do but a subservient ally it can use as a buffer and cheap resource at rock bottom prices.

If Russia was the suddenly make big gains i expect the West would magically “refocus” and throw what is needed to push back.

Yeah heavy Russian losses because right now the Russians are doing all the attacking and failing massively. Turns out when neither side has a dominant Air Force, and both sides have well defended positions with artillery and minefields, then armour trying to cross no man's land minefield while being pounded by drones and artillery is suicide

Last edited:
I was always under the impression the West (or atleast the intelligence community and such) want this to remain a stalemate of sorts for the foreseeable future because it bleeds Russia slowly and unites the West from a military standpoint. That ultimately it strengthens us. I’m sure it’s more nuanced than that but China essentially feels the same but for different reasons. They don’t want a strong, successful Russia anymore than we do but a subservient ally it can use as a buffer and cheap resource at rock bottom prices.

If Russia was the suddenly make big gains i expect the West would magically “refocus” and throw what is needed to push back.

There does seem to be a lot of that. But unfortunately it is costing Ukrainian lives.

Why have they not gone all in yet? Why are they keeping their "best weapons" back? Maybe so the west expend much of what they have stockpiled. All part of Putins plan? Or did Putin NOT have the weapons he has been boasting of?
It's the second one, that's the correct answer.

I dunno personally if Putin can afford the long game at the rate hes losing tanks etc.
At the current rate they'll be out of tanks within two years (obviously problems would arise before they sent their very last tank to Ukraine, but that's the tiimescale anyway).

All on the command of 4’2” tyrannical lunatic.
For reference he's 5'7", which also for reference was the height of Napoleon Bonaparte, hence the complex.

Last edited:
saw a video throw out the tactical nuke option again, and show that it's too expensive to be useful and actually tactical nukes in general don't make sense using in modern combat

in order to clear the entire front line in Ukraine using Russia's version of the tactical nuke they would need to launch almost their entire stockpile and these weapons cost $25 million each, representing a cost of about $60 billion to clear the front line with tactical nukes - this of course assumes Russia has the number of nukes required and they are in working order, it also assumes the rest of the world does nothing in response.

Due to this cost, it's far cheaper to build conventional cruise missiles with that $60 billion as you will be able to hit more targets with it because you will end up with more than 10x more missiles.

saw a video throw out the tactical nuke option again, and show that it's too expensive to be useful and actually tactical nukes in general don't make sense using in modern combat

in order to clear the entire front line in Ukraine using Russia's version of the tactical nuke they would need to launch almost their entire stockpile and these weapons cost $25 million each, representing a cost of about $60 billion to clear the front line with tactical nukes - this of course assumes Russia has the number of nukes required and they are in working order, it also assumes the rest of the world does nothing in response.

Due to this cost, it's far cheaper to build conventional cruise missiles with that $60 billion as you will be able to hit more targets with it because you will end up with more than 10x more missiles.

Russia would use tactical nukes if NATO got involved, they'd use them on airfields and other strategic targets like ports and railstations bringing in troops and armour. They wouldn't even be very effective against infantry who are underground in trenches. It costs $0 to use a weapon you have laying around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom