Man of Honour
Final Russian losses now that the battle for Avdiivka is done

Russian personnel and systems damaged or destroyed in the Battle for Avdiivka

Personnel: 47,186 personnel injured/killed

AFV and IFV: 784 vehicles damaged/destroyed

Tanks: 364 vehicles damaged/destroyed

Artillery systems: 268 damaged/destroyed

Aircraft: 5 shot down

A little different to the numbers talked about on the Russian side, though I've not seen figures for artillery systems. Last lot I saw was claimed under 30K casualties of which 16-17K seriously wounded or dead, 300 armoured vehicles, 150 tanks and 7 aircraft (think that includes more than just fixed wing). If they are admitting to those numbers the truth is almost certainly higher.

Last edited:
Associate
Now is the best time for the Russians to do it with the recent fall, low ammunition, and if the Russians have been able to do close air support. Putin will be doing his best to get wins before the election, not that he needs to do this to win it, throwing lives away for his own ego.

Soldato
Where did you learn that?

List of sources I can read. Never in my life have I come across this. I'm genuinely interested if this has come up recently. Past ten years.

Or is it 1am sarcasm I'm missing.
It's not some new take on WW2, it's just that the history we get taught in school is utter garbage for the most part.

You can start here:

Associate
Final Russian losses now that the battle for Avdiivka is done

Russian personnel and systems damaged or destroyed in the Battle for Avdiivka

Personnel: 47,186 personnel injured/killed

AFV and IFV: 784 vehicles damaged/destroyed

Tanks: 364 vehicles damaged/destroyed

Artillery systems: 268 damaged/destroyed

Aircraft: 5 shot down

The transparency is great. Now what about Ukraine?

Soldato
Like some of us said from the start, quantity has a quality all of its own.

It's taken 2 years and been facilitated by the West dragging it's feet and now the MAGA scum being intentionally obstructive, but it's ringing true again.

Hopefully Ukr can hold on while we collectively sort this mess of supply issues out.

I can't see us sorting it out unfortunately, we had years, how those Muppets in charge couldn't see this coming is beyond me.

Soldato
The transparency is great. Now what about Ukraine?
You really dont understand do you? People keep pushing the "transparency" line... Why the **** would a country at war willingly give away such vital information? If they gave out this information it can be used by Russia to better inform planning on future operations/troop reinforcements.
Russian intelligence will likely have a somewhat rough idea. They are watching as well, they have access to their own footage and reports being passed up to commanders, they will also be recording stats.

Soldato
I can't see us sorting it out unfortunately, we had years, how those Muppets in charge couldn't see this coming is beyond me.
Ah politicians... Kicking the can down the road since year dot! Its not that they dont see it coming. Its a matter of it not suiting their interests, actually having to make a decision, being worried about the impact of a decision, or any other of a number of reasons. Its just such a shame that Western governments are so full of selfish, misguided, self serving idiots that the ones with genuine conviction and morals are drowned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom