Beyond words.
Final Russian losses now that the battle for Avdiivka is done

Russian personnel and systems damaged or destroyed in the Battle for Avdiivka

Personnel: 47,186 personnel injured/killed

AFV and IFV: 784 vehicles damaged/destroyed

Tanks: 364 vehicles damaged/destroyed

Artillery systems: 268 damaged/destroyed

Aircraft: 5 shot down

Meanwhile Gonadal Clump is campaigning on supporting, even encouraging these actions. Alaska is next.

Soldato
I don't understand why the EU/UK aren't doing more... Pathetic response from Europe tbh, we should be going all out but we're seemingly back seat driving while blaming the US

It's all about UK government priorities. For example £140M (or whatever the total is now really up to) was clearly far better spent on their bonkers Rwanda scheme than on supplying some essential munitions to Ukraine.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
It's all about UK government priorities. For example £140M (or whatever the total is now really up to) was clearly far better spent on their bonkers Rwanda scheme than on supplying some essential munitions to Ukraine.

Not really, the dodgy PPE schemes sat in fat peoples bank accounts more so.

Soldato
I don't understand why the EU/UK aren't doing more... Pathetic response from Europe tbh, we should be going all out but we're seemingly back seat driving while blaming the US
From a UK perspective. We dont have the kit or ammunition to give, we can barely equip ourselves. We also have obligations to hold certain stock levels. Any aid packages will be new off the shelf stuff that sadly due to the commercial nature of our defence industry, isnt scaled for surge production in the numbers required to sustain Ukraine in the short term. In the long term It would require large scale investment in infrastructure/production lines that have no guarantees of long term sustained use. No defence manufacturer is going to invest without long term contracts in place.

Soldato

Not really, the dodgy PPE schemes sat in fat peoples bank accounts more so.

Did you miss the use of "For example" in my post, or do you think that money was better spent in Rwanda than on (say) buying artillery shells for Ukraine?

Soldato
From a UK perspective. We dont have the kit or ammunition to give, we can barely equip ourselves. We also have obligations to hold certain stock levels. Any aid packages will be new off the shelf stuff that sadly due to the commercial nature of our defence industry, isnt scaled for surge production in the numbers required to sustain Ukraine in the short term. In the long term It would require large scale investment in infrastructure/production lines that have no guarantees of long term sustained use. No defence manufacturer is going to invest without long term contracts in place.

I would like to see all the NATO nations to make a small national investment into basic munitions production and stores.

We don’t need massive investment in production facilities run at massive private profits. The Royal engineers are more than capable of building the facilities, we already have the land and the capability to run the operation.

Soldato
I would like to see all the NATO nations to make a small national investment into basic munitions production and stores.

We don’t need massive investment in production facilities run at massive private profits. The Royal engineers are more than capable of building the facilities, we already have the land and the capability to run the operation.
Dont get me started...
Not to the fault of their own. The RE were fully onboard but we couldnt even get them to build a BBQ area on camp. The Engineers straight up wernt allowed to, breach of contract. There are pretty iron clad contracts in place for Facilities management within the UK which includes building and infrastructure works. Its a joke. I'm no expert on these matters and there may be exceptions. However, I very much believe there would be some clause in current regulations that would say that contracts would need to go out to tender for the creation of these facilities at great cost to the tax payer. At the end it would be over budget, over time, and produce half of what the initial plans stated it would... :cry:
Only time I've seen RE do actual building work is overseas in operational setting.

Last edited:
Associate
Why don't you post it since you act like you know it all, I don't read news from Russia

I don't have a single clue.
You really dont understand do you? People keep pushing the "transparency" line... Why the **** would a country at war willingly give away such vital information? If they gave out this information it can be used by Russia to better inform planning on future operations/troop reinforcements.
Russian intelligence will likely have a somewhat rough idea. They are watching as well, they have access to their own footage and reports being passed up to commanders, they will also be recording stats.

Not asking for official numbers as clearly never given. But even an estimation from independent western press would be interesting.

What's your problem with Ukraine, what have they done to you?

If you want Russia's numbers so badly, go read their propaganda and find out for yourself.

Why would you encourage people to read russian propaganda?

It's well overdue for NATO to roll into Ukraine on a friendly 'good will visit.' Then start moving towards the front line, just to see what happens...

I'm beginning to think you are struggling a bit with life.

Or you're just a hypocrite down in Australia happy for other people to die to satisfy your own peverse pleasures.

Caporegime
Write to your MP, encourage others to do the same.
Honestly it's about all you/we can do.
I hope all you guys are once a week inbox spamming your MP. Or even knocking at their office for a meeting.
It's pathetic/useless but it's actually got more effect than circle jerking here all day.
More people need to be assertive and get involved in political things.
Plus you got an election year. Start working out how to survive under a labour landslide. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom