Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Dont get me started...
Not to the fault of their own. The RE were fully onboard but we couldnt even get them to build a BBQ area on camp. The Engineers straight up wernt allowed to, breach of contract. There are pretty iron clad contracts in place for Facilities management within the UK which includes building and infrastructure works. Its a joke. I'm no expert on these matters and there may be exceptions. However, I very much believe there would be some clause in current regulations that would say that contracts would need to go out to tender for the creation of these facilities at great cost to the tax payer. At the end it would be over budget, over time, and produce half of what the initial plans stated it would... :cry:
Only time I've seen RE do actual building work is overseas in operational setting.

Sure remedial building works on a base. We have clearly uncovered a supply and manufacturing gap that threatens national security and foreign policy, that private industry can’t fill and threatens further escalation in a conflict that could have been resolved or never even started. We can’t have foreign policy influenced by private industry if that is actually the situation.

Renegotiate or even break the contract if necessary.

Soldato
I would like to see all the NATO nations to make a small national investment into basic munitions production and stores.

We don’t need massive investment in production facilities run at massive private profits. The Royal engineers are more than capable of building the facilities, we already have the land and the capability to run the operation.

Agreed. Regardless of this conflict, we have been exposed for having an inadequate production capacity to face off any meaningful future threat.

This needs to change or its only going to encourage future conflicts.

Caporegime
It's not some new take on WW2, it's just that the history we get taught in school is utter garbage for the most part.

You can start here:
Well it's certainly another analysis..... I'll look for some more.

Soldato
From a UK perspective. We dont have the kit or ammunition to give, we can barely equip ourselves. We also have obligations to hold certain stock levels. Any aid packages will be new off the shelf stuff that sadly due to the commercial nature of our defence industry, isnt scaled for surge production in the numbers required to sustain Ukraine in the short term. In the long term It would require large scale investment in infrastructure/production lines that have no guarantees of long term sustained use. No defence manufacturer is going to invest without long term contracts in place.

If only the truth would come out.......

Soldato
From a UK perspective. We dont have the kit or ammunition to give, we can barely equip ourselves. We also have obligations to hold certain stock levels. Any aid packages will be new off the shelf stuff that sadly due to the commercial nature of our defence industry, isnt scaled for surge production in the numbers required to sustain Ukraine in the short term. In the long term It would require large scale investment in infrastructure/production lines that have no guarantees of long term sustained use. No defence manufacturer is going to invest without long term contracts in place.

"Surge into production in the short term"

The war in Ukraine has been going on a while now - meaning there has been time to ramp up production.

Look at the US, their Gov. has used the money given to Ukraine as a means to boost their ammunition factories to working 3 shifts, meaning that the money given to Ukraine is in fact a direct investment into the US economy too.
This is how you do things in a smart way that helps both you and Ukraine.

Why have UK and EU not done that?

Soldato
They are using the fact that the last few months US has not passed aid and the fact they know the US house is now on recess(it has to be intentional they went o. Recess early..after johnson blocked the vote).

When they come back the US will,have a govement shut down most likely as they return in the deadline day for that. This means no aid even when they come back most likely as they GOP will 100% obstruct and cause a shut down as usual.

This is ****** up in so many levels, like I said previously, speaker johnson and his ilk are traitors to the west.

Last edited:
Soldato
wait, you mean actually benefitting the general populace and not sucking up resources to redistribute upwards to the oligarchs of western society!? blasphemy i say!

Yeah more interest in national security and less private security when it comes to this level of importance. We shouldn’t be wrestling with basic munitions production for years.

I’d like to see nationally controlled and run munition production capabilities baked into the NATO framework. It’s a glaringly obvious weakness that shouldn’t be.

Man of Honour
Though not great reference points in the image the scale looks off - looks like it is barely 5 feet long in the photos, the real thing is over 9 feet (though there are variants).

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess replicating the Banshees' tail was too much effort
Indeed, for those who haven't seen one, the Banshee's tail has no vertical stabiliser like that "captured" Russian one does :p

Banshee-4001-Jet.jpg

Suspended
This absolute mad lad is donating to Ukraine. Please retweet. He's legit, he's got tons of cash, and he's on record donating to Ukraine many times in the past.

sounds like a fantastic idea.. what could possibly go wrong?

Plenty for Russia. Not so much for NATO and Ukraine. Can you imagine the mad scramble as Russian soldiers try to avoid hitting NATO troops and vehicles?

Will you be the first person in?

Yes, in fact I arrived in Ukraine yesterday, and will be leading 'Operation Tiny Roar', as we're calling it.

Last edited:
This absolute mad lad is donating to Ukraine. Please retweet. He's legit, he's got tons of cash, and he's on record donating to Ukraine many times in the past.

Plenty for Russia. Not so much for NATO and Ukraine. Can you imagine the mad scramble as Russian soldiers try to avoid hitting NATO troops and vehicles?

Yes, in fact I arrived in Ukraine yesterday, and will be leading 'Operation Tiny Roar', as we're calling it.

Officially its called operation whimper, people just call it operation tiny roar ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom