Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I know Steadfast Defender is kicking off and a couple of other NATO activities in the region and I've seen nothing to indicate any Russia movements but NATO been taking a keen look along the Estonian and Latvian border with Russia as well as around Kaliningrad the last couple of days.

Caporegime
If Ukraine loses off the back of the West's dereliction after promising to help... It only proves Putin is right that it's his chance to kill the West so there's no situation I can think of where he wouldn't just keep pushing unless they're simply unable to move to a full war mobilisation. Of course that's not the worst part because China is seeing this whole thing unfold and has so many domestic issues that an expansionist venture probably looks good in comparison which is especially incentivised if the America's allies suddenly become unwilling to help save it's empire.

Perhaps it won't actually happen that way but I can't see how we (Britain) make our way in the situation where any sense of reason has disappeared from trade by Sino-Russian gunboat diplomacy if we don't essentially start invading countries to stop our increasingly hostile suppliers from bleeding us dry... can't imagine that will go well.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If Ukraine loses off the back of the West's dereliction after promising to help... It only proves Putin is right that it's his chance to kill the West so there's no situation I can think of where he wouldn't just keep pushing unless they're simply unable to move to a full war mobilisation. Of course that's not the worst part because China is seeing this whole thing unfold and has so many domestic issues that an expansionist venture probably looks good in comparison which is especially incentivised if the America's allies suddenly become unwilling to help save it's empire.

Perhaps it won't actually happen that way but I can't see how we (Britain) make our way in the situation where any sense of reason has disappeared from trade by Sino-Russian gunboat diplomacy if we don't essentially start invading countries to stop our increasingly hostile suppliers from bleeding us dry... can't imagine that will go well.

I think there is a lot of naivety/implications not being appreciated that Putin/Russian regime is not our friends, we mean nothing to them and they have no interest in preserving the international order of things which has kept things in check the last few decades.

They had absolutely no compunctions in taking out a defector in Spain, political opposition and if they can anyone else who stands in their way and contrary to the impression I think a lot of people get from this situation they aren't just going to sit back and take it forever the way the West has the upper hand against them over Ukraine. Though it might not be easy for them to do something about it.

Last edited:
I think there is a lot of naivety/implications not being appreciated that Putin/Russian regime is not our friends, we mean nothing to them and they have no interest in preserving the international order of things which has kept things in check the last few decades.

They had absolutely no compunctions in taking out a defector in Spain, political opposition and if they can anyone else who stands in their way and contrary to the impression I think a lot of people get from this situation they aren't just going to sit back and take it forever the way the West has the upper hand against them over Ukraine. Though it might not be easy for them to do something about it.

Silly boy you need to listed to what Putin says and stop making stuff up. His exact words, no reading between any lines.
He did a good interview with Tucker where you can learn why this was needed and where it will stop.

Soldato
What they need is artillery :/.
Hopefully the Czech stuff comes through. As discussed in the last couple of pages it seems European NATO member artillery production isn’t up to the job. Rhinemetall from Germany are apparently going to build a new artillery plant in Germany as well as one in Ukraine, but that will obviously take years.

Soldato
NATO has a population 7 times greater and an economy 25 times greater than Russia. There is no reason other than being asleep at the wheel for why nato can't even match Russian shell production

Russia is manufacturing 100k shells a month and are trying to ramp up to 200k a month, so nato should be able to do 200k to 300k easy

Last edited:
Soldato
Well any time you're feeling brave you can get off the internet and stop advocating for other people to fight on your behalf and join up here https://ildu.com.ua/
I've noticed you, and other edgelord contrarians in here, often make remarks like this.

When the war initially escalated, I did consider going over. My friends got married the day before and one of their bridesmaids died a few weeks later. The AK47 was almost as long as she was tall. Another friend only being able to talk to our group periodically when it was his turn to charge his phone from the generators the town was using.

I spoke to an ex-forces mate about going and he said it would be pointless. I'd get killed within days and probably get others around me killed as I didn't know what I was doing (You could argue much like the girl mentioned above). What I did, with others, was arrange for as much aid as possible to be sent. One of those tall "Luton" vans was filled to the brim and sent over. Donations from all over the town and my daughter's school chipped in.

That was my admittedly small contribution and yes, I was well out of harms way. So when I see these fairly useless comebacks, I do find them quite irksome.

Soldato
I've noticed you, and other edgelord contrarians in here, often make remarks like this.

When the war initially escalated, I did consider going over. My friends got married the day before and one of their bridesmaids died a few weeks later. The AK47 was almost as long as she was tall. Another friend only being able to talk to our group periodically when it was his turn to charge his phone from the generators the town was using.

I spoke to an ex-forces mate about going and he said it would be pointless. I'd get killed within days and probably get others around me killed as I didn't know what I was doing (You could argue much like the girl mentioned above). What I did, with others, was arrange for as much aid as possible to be sent. One of those tall "Luton" vans was filled to the brim and sent over. Donations from all over the town and my daughter's school chipped in.

That was my admittedly small contribution and yes, I was well out of harms way. So when I see these fairly useless comebacks, I do find them quite irksome.

This was talked about a lot earlier in the thread. Unless you've got the training, fitness and speak the local language fluently, you're a hindrance not a help on the frontlines.

Suspended

I remember the days when neoliberals like Thatcher and Reagan believed Russia could be civilised by capitalism. They were convinced that as soon as Russians experienced the joys of a free market, they'd quickly embrace Western values.

The neoliberals were comically naïve, and their failure to correctly assess the sheer barbarism of the Russian psyche left the West grossly unprepared for the Putin era.

I remember the days when neoliberals like Thatcher and Reagan believed Russia could be civilised by capitalism. They were convinced that as soon as Russians experienced the joys of a free market, they'd quickly embrace Western values.

The neoliberals were comically naïve, and their failure to correctly assess the sheer barbarism of the Russian psyche left the West grossly unprepared for the Putin era.

They still could be civilised, in fact I would argue those who have come into contact with Western consumerism, ideals, availability of food, etc have become very much civilised.
Thats part of the big problem for the likes of Putin, they dont want that, and the increasing move of Ukraine to also "move Western" is heavily behind the invasion.
It would have become increasingly difficult to explain why superior Russians were still living in the middle ages* whilst the inferiors like Ukraine were seemingly living better lives.

*Outside the large cities of course, some of the cities in effect are pretty much on a par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom