Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
How did they manage the decompression time, 360ft is Saturation diving depths, I tried finding a calculator that made sense to my non diving brain, but surely you're looking at least hours of decompression if not days ?

Whole thing seems suspect to me. The whole operation needs significant resources, training and experience to pull off.

Don
How did they manage the decompression time, 360ft is Saturation diving depths, I tried finding a calculator that made sense to my non diving brain, but surely you're looking at least hours of decompression if not days ?
Looking around it would take ~4.5 days approximately, so you're not doing that outside a decompression chamber.

Soldato
Whole thing seems suspect to me. The whole operation needs significant resources, training and experience to pull off.
I guess this yacht could have a decompression chamber and a bell, but it seems abit of a reach for a non government group to pull off
It is a very oddly specific list of attendees as well... 5 men, 1 girl... doctor etc.... very odd.

Soldato

Plus that earlier reports indicated explosions may have happened from within the pipe not outside

Man of Honour
Things getting a bit warm in Georgia I see - mass protests due to law changes.

EDIT: Possibly looks like pro-Russian elements of the Georgian government have tried to take advantage of the president being out the country to push through a law change which would be in Moscow's favour.

Last edited:
Associate
Looking around it would take ~4.5 days approximately, so you're not doing that outside a decompression chamber.

360 ft or 109metres can be done without a chamber all depends on time at the bottom. I’ve done 20 mins bottom time at 70m and deco was around an hour and a bit. 100m would be more obviously but do able.

4.5 hours is saturation diving. I.e your body gets so much nitrogen or helium in it can’t take anymore so the deco time never gets longer. Means you can spend weeks at depth and still only do the same deco.

Don
360 ft or 109metres can be done without a chamber all depends on time at the bottom. I’ve done 20 mins bottom time at 70m and deco was around an hour and a bit. 100m would be more obviously but do able.

4.5 hours is saturation diving. I.e your body gets so much nitrogen or helium in it can’t take anymore so the deco time never gets longer. Means you can spend weeks at depth and still only do the same deco.
So it could be done? If all you're doing is putting explosives down, it wouldn't require much time down there.

Associate
Yeah if the idea was to drop down a line do the work then head back up. Not easy diving though and takes loads of training. for the 70m diving I used to have a twin set and 3 deco cylinders before I moved onto closed circuit rebreathers. Again more training! Anyone daft enough to try without training would end up hurting themselves or dead.

Soldato
I don't know what you lot are looking at but I've been in a quarry in Wales with guys at that depth on a rebreather... There is not days of recompression, that's a well planned day dive possibly more than one.
I think you are possibly mixing up ft and metres..!!

Associate
I don't know what you lot are looking at but I've been in a quarry in Wales with guys at that depth on a rebreather... There is not days of recompression, that's a well planned day dive possibly more than one.
dorothea or ndac. Both good dives sites but yeah do able dives to 360ft. If the pipe was 360m then it’s much tougher.

Man of Honour

My comment was including the diving operation, demolition and other subterfuge/covert aspects, etc.

Soldato
My comment was including the diving operation, demolition and other subterfuge/covert aspects, etc.
You are mostly limited in dive time by the co2 scrubber, (basically special gravel to the layman lol) but you can do 3hrs on most retail rebreather systems, possibly more on commercial ones. The gas (volume) isn't a problem as such as that has the capacity to last 6 ish hours..
You are absolutely right that there are limitations by your central nervous system but that can be mostly offset by the type and mix of gas you breathe.

Associate
You are mostly limited in dive time by the co2 scrubber, (basically special gravel to the layman lol) but you can do 3hrs on most retail rebreather systems, possibly more on commercial ones. The gas (volume) isn't a problem as such as that has the capacity to last 6 ish hours..
You are absolutely right that there are limitations by your central nervous system but that can be mostly offset by the type and mix of gas you breathe.
You run a lower ppo2 or set point on a rebreather to limit that and take air breaks on the deco stops to limit your cns 02% levels. This would lengthen the deco a bit tough. My rebreather scrubber was recommended for 3 hours I think but people had done 7plus hours on them. Bail out gas is also a consideration incase of failure

Rumour is Ukraine going to make a breakthrough from North and come in from behind and trap Russians inside Bakhmut, Wagner said there multiple Ukraine units around and they are complaining about ammo we shall see.

I personally dont get why an offensive hasnt been made like Kharkiv to release pressure of Bakhmut spreading Russians forces thin like has been very sucessful in the past.

Mud
They dont want to replicate what Russia did last year

Sooner or later the yooks will go, they know when the time is right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom