Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The general take fortunately seems to be most people finding Putin's justifications a ridiculous pretext for invading.
This is what I was trying to get at. If he gave a justification or explanation that made sense (ridiculous as that sounds) it would have been interesting to see the reaction or defense. But there isn't one as far as I can tell.

Man of Honour
This is what I was trying to get at. If he gave a justification or explanation that made sense (ridiculous as that sounds) it would have been interesting to see the reaction or defense. But there isn't one as far as I can tell.

I do feel that he/Russia has had a raw deal at times when it came to relationships with the US but still, but what Putin didn't tell in his interview is that in a good many of those cases the things he was acting wounded about came about because of the actions of Russia in the first place, in some cases rewriting history to try and swap around the timeline. I really wish someone really knowledgable on the history of foreign affairs would do a deep dive on it because it is well beyond my depth of knowledge.

Funny thing is if he feels that threatened by the West he should just skip to WW3 because the West doesn't need to surround Russia country by country via bringing them into NATO and setting up bases, etc. the combined logistics of the US/NATO (reach, SAC, etc.) can deliver vast amount of hardware and manpower to forward staging areas in a few hours if it came to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think people wanted to hear Putins reasons for the invasion and his version of events, not just another person telling us that Russia/Putin is bad. That would seem to be the case given the interview has some 200m views.

What most of you don't realise is that a lot of people simply aren't pro Russia or Ukraine, they just see interest rates, energy prices, food prices etc all have gone up since the war and want them to go down again. They probably also think that war is bad, thousands dying is bad, and think more should be done to bring an end to the war than continue with the status quo, because clearly Russia aren't suffering some massive defeat anytime soon. I'd love if they were because it would mean my objective of the war ending coming true. Conversely I know that Russia conquering Ukraine would be extremely bad, I do not want to see that, but them losing some land that was largely Russian speaking people anyway?

Russia has already lost 400,000 troops and is taking a hiding in a futile war it can never win. Russia is literally falling apart and all Putin is doing is racking up huge financial burdens on Russia and setting fire to its future.

The game is already up for Vladolf.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do feel that he/Russia has had a raw deal at times when it came to relationships with the US but still, but what Putin didn't tell in his interview is that in a good many of those cases the things he was acting wounded about came about because of the actions of Russia in the first place, in some cases rewriting history to try and swap around the timeline. I really wish someone really knowledgable on the history of foreign affairs would do a deep dive on it because it is well beyond my depth of knowledge.

Funny thing is if he feels that threatened by the West he should just skip to WW3 because the West doesn't need to surround Russia country by country via bringing them into NATO and setting up bases, etc. the combined logistics of the US/NATO (reach, SAC, etc.) can deliver vast amount of hardware and manpower to forward staging areas in a few hours if it came to it.

Putin has undone the work and undermined the efforts the world made for Russia. Vladolf feels the world owes him something, but in reality all the world owes Putin now is the taste of the end of our boot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Russia has already lost 400,000 troops and is taking a hiding in futile war it can never win. Russia is literally falling apart and all Putin is doing is racking up huge financial burden on Russia and setting to its future.

The game is already up for Vladolf.
This is already well beyond what the US lost in Vietnam. The people of Russia must be so repressed to have not risen up against Putin by now.

Soldato
Russia losses every week what the US lost in 20 years in Afghanistan

And as of today open source intelligence trackers say Russia has (visual confirmed) lost 10% of its entire stockpile of tanks trying to just take Avdivka

Last edited:
Associate
Conversely I know that Russia conquering Ukraine would be extremely bad, I do not want to see that, but Ukraine losing some land that was largely Russian speaking people anyway? I don't really think that's the end of the world, honestly, and I think that's inevitable anyway at this point, unfortunately.

What language they speak is irellevant. Whether they are "ethnic Russians" (ridiculous statement in this day and age) is irellevant.

The occupied Territories have been Ukranian since the breakup of the USSR. Like any parts of any country they had important things that contributed to the economy (The East of Ukraine has massive mining and farming, and sea ports to the South). My friends family had to leave Mariupol. He's not anything Russian, he is proudly Ukranian. His house has been destroyed and he may never see his home city ever again. There are millions like him.

Next, precedent. By international law you can't just invade a country on a pretense and then annex it's land. If it's allowed now by Putin, it gives anyone thinking of doing it, even more justification / freedom do this in the future.

Lastly.. it's Ukraine's country. They decide when they want to negotiate, not us. Until then, purely on the last point (international law and precedent), let alone all the war crimes and everything else that Russia has comitted, we should arm them to win.

Associate
Putin just seems like such an arrogant man. His country occupies most of the worlds land mass and he has the audacity to claim that Ukraine is historically part of Russia and a fabrication , a mistake of the Soviet Union.

Just go ahead and reveal the New Soviet Union already, Patton was right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lastly.. it's Ukraine's country. They decide when they want to negotiate, not us. Until then, purely on the last point (international law and precedent), let alone all the war crimes and everything else that Russia has comitted, we should arm them to win.

They can pay for it then

Soldato
This week's Economist has an article on FPV drones. Here's an interesting chart from it:

Screenshot-20240212-105630-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom