Ultima Mobile - 15.4" WSXGA Laptop

Associate
Can anyone upload some pictures of this laptop please! I'm so tempted to buy one right now but just wanna see a closeup of the laptop first :)

Ive been searching for a better price but this is the cheapest by far :)

EDIT: Also do the screens have a matte or glossy layer?

The screens supplied by OCUK have a glossy layer, other providers of this chassis are starting to do the laptop with a matte screen. I would get one of these laptops if OCUK offered the matte screen but sadly they don't

Associate
Thanks for pics :)

Do you recon maybe they might offer the matte screens in the future. I don't like the glossy ones and would rather wait in hope that they can offer the matte ones.
So tempted right now.. lol

Soldato
thanks for the photos. hmmm... is this a good buy?

No. It's a great buy. I very nearly bought this from a different retailer but they are selling the exact spec I bought for about £1450, where as ocuk do it for £1150 (roughly rounded). I'm supper happy with mine. I suggest you read some more of this thread to gain an insight into owners opinions on this laptop.

Associate
Oh I skipped the middle posts, where the pics are. Opps. Deleted

Still some pics from anyone who has recieved one from OcUK would be nice.
(Above pics are good but a bit Photoshopy)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys, I'm currently thinking of getting this laptop for my 18th birthday, and looking to take it to Uni with me. I was wondering a couple of things.

Is there a massive difference between a 5400rpm and a 7200rpm HD? Obviously the 7200 has a higher transfer rate, but is it hugely noticeable, and does it affect gaming?

Secondly, 3.7kg is quite heavy. I'm looking for something that would be bearable to carry on my back for about a mile once every week or so, so not taxing, but is it really too heavy to do this?

Thanks in advance, and I have to say that this is probably the best laptop deal currently in the country, havent found anything to match it.

Soldato
I'd say getting the 7200rpm drive is quite important for games, will improve loading times etc quite a bit. It's suprisingly light when you put it in a backpack, my walk into uni is about a mile and I don't really notice the weight. You don't get a laptop sleeve or anything with this so it may rattle around in your bag, I've got a Pakuma Akara backpack so it has it's own compartment and doesn't move about.

Associate
Thanks, I'll most probably be ordering later on in January then :)

Oh, and one last thing, how loud is the laptop under load? It's not really a dealbreaker, just wanted a customer opinion on whether the noise is a hinderence or its ok.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, I'll most probably be ordering later on in January then :)

Oh, and one last thing, how loud is the laptop under load? It's not really a dealbreaker, just wanted a customer opinion on whether the noise is a hinderence or its ok.

If you've got a game on high graphics, it gets fairly noisey but I wear headphones so doesn't bother me. I do work on it aswell and the noise is fine, but everyone is different, it may bother you I'm not sure. When I do some reading on it, like long PDFs, I usually put it on power saver (there are 3 settings that adjust the performance) so to reduce heat and press the button which slows the fans - makes it very quiet indeed.

Associate
I just logged on tonight to purchase the laptop - and its gone up £120! Is that becuase the other laptop in its class is on sale this week? Or was this laptop on sale without me noticing?

Will it be coming down again does anyone think? I was holding off for Thursday too see if any price came off on the One Week Offers, I wasnt expecting it to go up!

Back
Top Bottom