Ultima Mobile - 15.4" WSXGA Laptop

Associate
Hey guys,

I've been looking around the net for along time for a gaming laptop. These ones on this website seem like the best!

Now i've just been wondering if that Overclockers are expecting any new Graphic Cards, More RAM, or faster Processors next year for their laptops, as i dont want to buy one now if i can wait 5 Months or so and get one double the power for the same price!

I'm just wondering if its really worth waiting afew months because i can if needed and see what else they are bringing out.

TBH, if you are willing to wait 5 months for the next technical advancements, you will be waiting forever. The M860TU will be ahead of it's game for a good 1-2 years, and will play games for another 2-3 years (or another 6 months if they all end up like GTA :p).

The 2.8GHz C2D is fast enough for pretty much any job on-the-go, without crippling battery life. DDR3 RAM is fairly new, and is incredibly expensive (as is any new tech), and I think 4GB of DDR3 will do even for some of the most demanding applications. As for Graphics Chips, the 9800M GTS is really the highest we will see, in this generation. The 100M series may come out soon, but there is a good chance that they will be re-branded 9xxx cards.

Bite the bullet, and grab yourself a stunning laptop :cool:

Associate
TBH, if you are willing to wait 5 months for the next technical advancements, you will be waiting forever. The M860TU will be ahead of it's game for a good 1-2 years, and will play games for another 2-3 years (or another 6 months if they all end up like GTA :p).

The 2.8GHz C2D is fast enough for pretty much any job on-the-go, without crippling battery life. DDR3 RAM is fairly new, and is incredibly expensive (as is any new tech), and I think 4GB of DDR3 will do even for some of the most demanding applications. As for Graphics Chips, the 9800M GTS is really the highest we will see, in this generation. The 100M series may come out soon, but there is a good chance that they will be re-branded 9xxx cards.

What he said - Plus the same spec laptop from another highley rated supplier will cost you an extra 300 squid. Buy now before it goes up :)

Associate

/agree :D

Associate
So, I just ordered one late saturday, and I'm gatherin' up the drivers 'n all. WIll be running Vista 64, btw.

So I've got SATA and wireless from Intel, and the custom drivers from nVision.

And of course there's the clevo site for fallbacks.

Anything else? Bluetooth runs on OS drivers, I take it, what about the sound card?

edit: credit card security checks passed, order being processed woot \o/

hey OcUK guys, how did you decipher my laptop donor's information, being as it was in italian? :D

Last edited:
Associate
So, I just ordered one late saturday, and I'm gatherin' up the drivers 'n all. WIll be running Vista 64, btw.

So I've got SATA and wireless from Intel, and the custom drivers from nVision.

And of course there's the clevo site for fallbacks.

Anything else? Bluetooth runs on OS drivers, I take it, what about the sound card?

edit: credit card security checks passed, order being processed woot \o/

hey OcUK guys, how did you decipher my laptop donor's information, being as it was in italian? :D

The laptop comes pre installed with Vista 64 bit plus you get the CD aswell with the drivers on. The only thing I updated was the Nvidia drivers and tbh I didn't even need to do that :)

Associate
I have seen other companies that build these laptops are starting to offer a choice of screens... in particular a Mat screen rather than a Glossy screen.

Any chance of OcUK doing the same? I'd much rather a Mat screen, I find Glossy screens a pain in the butt

Associate
Well seems my order is out of stock :(

Shame i was looking forward to it as well, no time left to persue another lappy b4 i fly out :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Just would like to say I've had this laptop since OcUK were stocking them and it's fantastic. Well worth the wait (as I had to aswell). No dead pixels btw.

Soldato
According to Clevo's website this model (I am correct in thinking it's the M860TU right?) can support Quad core cpu's, are OcUK going to be offering a Quad Core option for it?

Soldato
According to Clevo's website this model (I am correct in thinking it's the M860TU right?) can support Quad core cpu's, are OcUK going to be offering a Quad Core option for it?

Correct, it's a M860TU. I think putting a quad in this machine will exceed its thermal output threshold. Think it's a similar reason they don't put one of the GTXs into the 15" model.

Soldato
Correct, it's a M860TU. I think putting a quad in this machine will exceed its thermal output threshold. Think it's a similar reason they don't put one of the GTXs into the 15" model.

Well yes, I would have expected that to be the case, only I was looking at Clevo's website and it does have a Quad Core listed as part of the available specs, the Q9000 iirc.

Actually I just went and found it M860TU Specs

Associate
Can anyone upload some pictures of this laptop please! I'm so tempted to buy one right now but just wanna see a closeup of the laptop first :)

Ive been searching for a better price but this is the cheapest by far :)

EDIT: Also do the screens have a matte or glossy layer?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom