United v Arsenal **SPOILER**

Soldato
Originally posted by Cemetery
Violent conduct. Same for Keown really. Cannot comment on a stamp by ruud as I didn't see it in the game.

The comment I made was that Man U should have won, & they should. They had the home advantage, they had more shots on target (i.e. more than none) & chased the game unlike Arsenal who were playing for a draw (was like watching Liverpool in places even Arsenal fans must have been bored) & really really showing how they don't deserve their reputation as being a team with disapline problems ;)

Tbh, I think Arsenal are heading toward being more disliked than Chelsea for me now which is kind of a shocker for me as I really don't like Chelsea :p

If you saw us at the start of the second half you would have seen us attacking a lot more. We just didn't commit men forward, obviously we were trying to win but we weren't gonna over commit.

Anyways more shots on target doesn't mean they should have won, NONE of the shots in open play troubled Lehmann, only the Giggs freekick hit the post had him beaten otherwise man utd did nothing to say they were the better team.

The FA will come down hard on us, probably harder than most other clubs because it was a high profile case, no offense but if it happened in a wolves vs leicester game would the media react like they are reacting today?

I bet most don't know Durso actually tried to withdraw his case with Vieira but the FA were having none of it and still gave him a 2 match suspension :rolleyes:

We were in the wrong today, no doubt about it but we will be punished real badly, not quite sure how badly though.

xgfunk

X

xgfunk

Originally posted by CliffyG
According to most people on here Arsenal are playing badly too so it's kind of a moot point. We all know both teams are capable of much more and that at their best there is little if anything between them.

Wouldnt Disagree with you, but im sure you read my post as to which astraman was reffering to, i stated the lack of any depth to the Arsenal squad would be their downfall, and especialy with their poor disipline. im just not sure where he got this confidence thing from. both teams look low on confidence at the momment.

Soldato
Originally posted by xgfunk
Wouldnt Disagree with you, but im sure you read my post as to which astraman was reffering to, i stated the lack of any depth to the Arsenal squad would be their downfall, and especialy with their poor disipline. im just not sure where he got this confidence thing from. both teams look low on confidence at the momment.

We did well in our double season when we had injury and discipline problems and Adams was out for 5 months, we were down to stephanovs and even he was putting in superb performances :eek:

Soldato
just watched the highlights.

1st Half= Man U
2nd Half= 50/50 maybe a bit more Arsenal

Incidents
------------
Vieira sending off, very very very harsh but the kicking action was very naughty. RvN's reaction was a disgrace, i wish he wouldnt do all the diving and play acting, the fans on the terraces at OT are getting pished at him for it even.

Full Time incident, Arsenal need to be seriously punished for that. Never never have i seen that kind of behaviour on a football field, ive seen that in the nightclub but that was horrific. It was like watching a gang beat someone up. Keown, Ashley Cole, Lehmann and Parlour should all be given fines for it and Arsenal need an official warning of docked points if their behaviour doesnt improve.

The goon fans can whinge about being hard done to all they want but there is no excuse for behaviour like that. RvN did good just to walk off and not react.

Soldato
Contact is the only thing that stopped it being a straight red. If he had of caught him he would have had a straight red with no complaints.

Now if Keane walked to vieira and went to punch him but pulled his fist back so he didnt actually hit him would the ref be able to ignore it, of course not. If you were in the match and Vieira kicked out at you you can't tell me you'd just stand perfectly still and do absolutly nothing. You'd jump back to get out of the way as all ruud saw was a foot coming at him. Then the look to the ref. What do you expect when someone's just kicked at you.

Ruud made a bad tackle which he rightly got a yellow for. Vieira should just let the ref do his job and punish him for it but he decided to kick out. Ther's no doubt he did kick out at him and that is not allowed, simple as. You can't have a rule that says you are allowed to kick out at players as long as you don't touch them.

All these so called incidents of Ruud kicking and Fortune etc. Strange how these only appear after close scrutenty of slow motion replays and such like. I'm sure if the whole match was done so minute-by-minute then as many would be from arsenal players as Man Utd players. Things like that happen in sunday league matches and they happen in premiership matches. They are part and parcel of a passionate game between two rivals.

BUT when it turns to 5 players confronting one player after the match has ended 'catching' him with his arm and at least two heavily pushing him and havin to be restrained by their own coaches then that has crossed the line. Ronaldo was too confronted by at least 3 players after Ruud walked away. He's 18 years old been in the country a month only played only 20 proffessional games for Sporting b4 joining Utd, and has to have a Brazilian coach on the bench as he can't speak English so what did he do exactly to justify 3 players kicking off on him.

Arsenal to their credit did play quite well in the match IMO. they did dominate patches for the play just as we did and their defence did well and stopped us scoring. they played for the point and got it so fair play to them. I just can't stand all these double standards and cheat claims.

Soldato
Originally posted by platty
Now if Keane walked to vieira and went to punch him but pulled his fist back so he didnt actually hit him would the ref be able to ignore it, of course not. If you were in the match and Vieira kicked out at you you can't tell me you'd just stand perfectly still and do absolutly nothing. You'd jump back to get out of the way as all ruud saw was a foot coming at him. Then the look to the ref. What do you expect when someone's just kicked at you.

Ruud made a bad tackle which he rightly got a yellow for. Vieira should just let the ref do his job and punish him for it but he decided to kick out. Ther's no doubt he did kick out at him and that is not allowed, simple as. You can't have a rule that says you are allowed to kick out at players as long as you don't touch them.

BUT when it turns to 5 players confronting one player after the match has ended 'catching' him with his arm and at least two heavily pushing him and havin to be restrained by their own coaches then that has crossed the line. Ronaldo was too confronted by at least 3 players after Ruud walked away. He's 18 years old been in the country a month only played only 20 proffessional games for Sporting b4 joining Utd, and has to have a Brazilian coach on the bench as he can't speak English so what did he do exactly to justify 3 players kicking off on him.

There is a difference, if DvN had stood there would Vieira's foot hit him? Getting out of the way from a kick is one thing, but if the kick was quite far from you and was more to scare you rather than hit you it's a big difference imo. Like if if closed my fist and got ready to punch and stopped is that really intent?

Ruud didn't get a yellow for his tackle, look at the bottom of this link and it says he got it for dissent http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1104374,00.html That is well out or order, his knee on paddy's back was intentional and was blatently trying to hurt him, how the hell did his knee hit him on his back like that!

Ronaldo pushed some of our players as well, Edu was trying to calm him down and he pushed him, lets not forget about that. He was only confronted by Cole.

Soldato
Originally posted by platty
All these so called incidents of Ruud kicking and Fortune etc. Strange how these only appear after close scrutenty of slow motion replays and such like. I'm sure if the whole match was done so minute-by-minute then as many would be from arsenal players as Man Utd players.

fortune was clearly seen charging into Lehman! You can see it at full speed. There was no need! They had the penalty.

Soldato
Originally posted by Gooner14
fortune was clearly seen charging into Lehman! You can see it at full speed. There was no need! They had the penalty.

Yup he charged into Lehmann to get the ball off him, went into him quite hard as well, no mention of that by the media though..........

Associate
Originally posted by Jazz
There is a difference, if DvN had stood there would Vieira's foot hit him? Getting out of the way from a kick is one thing, but if the kick was quite far from you and was more to scare you rather than hit you it's a big difference imo. Like if if closed my fist and got ready to punch and stopped is that really intent?

Ruud didn't get a yellow for his tackle, look at the bottom of this link and it says he got it for dissent http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1104374,00.html That is well out or order, his knee on paddy's back was intentional and was blatently trying to hurt him, how the hell did his knee hit him on his back like that!

Ronaldo pushed some of our players as well, Edu was trying to calm him down and he pushed him, lets not forget about that. He was only confronted by Cole.

"DVN" lmao thats rich coming from an Arsenal fan.

"Like if if closed my fist and got ready to punch and stopped is that really intent?"

No but thats a totally different thing because Viera actually took a swipe at Ruud and he didn't try to stop so whats your point exactly because it's really not relevant?

EDIT: Jazz do you know what intent is?

Soldato
Originally posted by Badboy2k3
"DVN" lmao thats rich coming from an Arsenal fan.

"Like if if closed my fist and got ready to punch and stopped is that really intent?"

No but thats a totally different thing because Viera actually took a swipe at Ruud and he didn't try to stop so whats your point exactly because it's really not relevant?

Vieira could have got him with his foot but he chose not to hit him, that was very clear from the coverage on skysports, he took a very small swipe, trying to scare him more than anything. Ruud jumped back and the ref thought he got him......

Why is DvN funny coming from an Arsenal fan? Because Pires dived last week? How many times does Pires dive and how many times does DvN dive? I've seen pires do it twice, he got penalty once and got a yellow card the other time. I usually see DvN do it at least once a match, see the difference?

No I don't know what intent is.............Intent is when you actually go for the person to hit him, if Vieira had fully stretched his leg out then imo it would have been intent. HOWEVER what paddy did was still wrong, your not even allowed to show your studs so he was wrong. But to say he actually went to hit DvN was wrong because IMO he didn't go for him fully, he thought about it and then pulled his leg back.

Last edited:
Associate
the ref thought he got him......

..err how do you know what the ref thought, like i said before we are going to have to wait for the F.A report as the ref might have seen that there was no contact but there was INTENT.

Soldato
Did he do it today?

I usually see DvN do it at least once a match, see the difference?

..err how do you know what the ref thought, like i said before we are going to have to wait for the F.A report as the re might have seen that there was no contact but there was INTENT.

I said that because DvN was standing infront of him....

Associate
Vieira could have got him with his foot but he chose not to hit him, that was very clear from the coverage on skysports, he took a very small swipe, trying to scare him more than anything. Ruud jumped back and the ref thought he got him......

Why is DvN funny coming from an Arsenal fan? Because Pires dived last week? How many times does Pires dive and how many times does DvN dive? I've seen pires do it twice, he got penalty once and got a yellow card the other time. I usually see DvN do it at least once a match, see the difference?

No I don't know what intent is.............Intent is when you actually go for the person to hit him, if Vieira had fully stretched his leg out then imo it would have been intent. HOWEVER what paddy did was still wrong, your not even allowed to show your studs so he was wrong. But to say he actually went to hit DvN was wrong because IMO he didn't go for him fully, he thought about it and then pulled his leg back.

lol he threw his leg out to hit him what do you think he was trying to do strech his leg?

Soldato
lol he threw his leg out to hit him what do you think he was trying to do strech his leg?

Did you even see the incident? If Vieira wanted to get him he could have, his leg was still bent when he brought it back, all I'm trying to say is he could have got him if he wanted, try reading my post please.......

Anways enough of this, I'm going around in circles here, can't be bothered anymore......

Originally posted by Gilly
Come on guys, this could go on forever. Lets leave it fer today eh?

I tried to stay away but just couldn't, need more self control.......

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
Seems like we're all agreed : cool :

Go get some kip. You can argue more tomorrow :p

That means we have to wait till Tuesday :mad: :p

Originally posted by Rotty
Don't care whose fault it was , I thoroughly enjoyed it , you can't beat a bit of blatent off the ball chinning : D ; )

I'm sure the Liverpool fans thoroughly enjoyed our players about to kick the stuffing out of DvN :D:p

Back
Top Bottom