**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Associate
PS5's fitted to the Exige. Done 200 miles on them so far, bedding in nicely.

Felt really unstable at first presumably a mixture of releasing agent on tyres and the tread blocks being quite loose.

Nothing a few accidental skids and heat cycles can't fix :p

Caporegime
I have a slow puncture on one of the MPS5 tyres I got in February and it's getting looked at tomorrow. Given the age of the tyre and just over 2,000 miles ago, if the tyre needs replaced would you just buy a single tyre or replace both? It's a 428i Gran Coupe on 255/40/R18.
Annoyingly mechanic said they couldn't find any leak so they re-seated the tyre on the wheel and off I went, £20 lighter. On the way home the OBC pinged me for low tyre pressure yet again and this evening after work I had to put more air in again. Damn it.

Do I take it back and let them keep it for longer? I have no Jack with the car so can't even take the wheel off myself to check it for nails, screws etc. which they said they did. Take it somewhere else? We'll see how many PSI it's lost overnight.

Soldato
Annoyingly mechanic said they couldn't find any leak so they re-seated the tyre on the wheel and off I went, £20 lighter. On the way home the OBC pinged me for low tyre pressure yet again and this evening after work I had to put more air in again. Damn it.

Do I take it back and let them keep it for longer? I have no Jack with the car so can't even take the wheel off myself to check it for nails, screws etc. which they said they did. Take it somewhere else? We'll see how many PSI it's lost overnight.
Wheel may be cracked or buckled?

Soldato

It could be leaking from the TPMS valve/area.

My brother had this recently and some sealant was applied.

Soldato
I’d go back to the same place since you have gone in with a leaky tyre (One way or another) spent £20 with no resolve.

Hopefully get a different outcome with no further £££ exchanged.

Man of Honour
Finally got sick of the run flats on my C63S, the already firm ride is just unbearable with the run flats as well. They've got the same tyre sizes as my last C63, and four PS4S's cost me £810 (looking at my order confirmation) in 2021, now that same order is £1067

Blimey! :D

Man of Honour
15% off at Kwik Fit at the moment.

Used that offer for my Pilot Sport 4S a few months ago and the price was quite reasonable in the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
PS5's fitted to the Exige. Done 200 miles on them so far, bedding in nicely.

Felt really unstable at first presumably a mixture of releasing agent on tyres and the tread blocks being quite loose.

Nothing a few accidental skids and heat cycles can't fix :p

Felt this way too, a little drifty but some fast cornering fixed that :cry:.

Man of Honour
15% off at Kwik Fit at the moment.

Used that offer for my Pilot Sport 4S a few months ago and the price was quite reasonable in the end.
Need 4x on the Tiguan, the OE fit Scorpions are in the lead, working out at £190 a corner. Also 3.something % cashback via TCB.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
£799.60 for 4x Pirelli Scorpion Verde fitted at home for the Tiguan, not taking into account the 1% cash back from Chase for the purchase, plus the 3.41% cash back from Topcashback. Cross Climates would have been quite a bit more, and the car was perfectly fine in the snow last year.

Last edited:
Associate
I was wondering if I could ask you guys for some advice on tyres?

Vehicle: Mazda MX5 06' 1.8i 5 speed NC.
Tyres: 205/50 R16 v87. Front: Runway Performance 926 Rear: Falken Ziex ZE914

Currently I'm planning on upgrading to some MeisterR Sportive coilovers September time.

On MX5OC forum they also suggested that I replace the back break discs and pads, which I've gone ahead and purchased. Gone for Brembo discs and pads.

So the plan is to get the coilovers, rear brake discs and pads done, lastly tyres.. as having a tyre mismatch isn't recommended.

As the rear Falken Ziex ZE914's don't look too bad, I thought that perhaps if I got a new set of Falken ZE 914's to go on the back, and swap the current back ones to the front?

I'm not sure if that's a good option or not and wanted to ask what you think?

After all the work is complete, I'll be getting an alignment done.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Soldato
I'm fitting 4x PS5's to my Exige 350 Sport tomorrow.

Currently on Cup 2's but they're a bit... dangerous.. in the wet with standing water around.

Unfortunately unable to get PS4S due to staggered wheel sizes (front 215/45/17 and rear 265/35/18)

Paid £576 delivered. £60 cashback from Michelin on the way so £516 overall. Not bad at all.

Is that with fitting?

Im looking at the PS5s as well unsure best place to get them fitted. I was going to try Black Circles but the garage I was going to use is no longer on there site.

Soldato
If you get a mobile fitting, what do you guys do about getting wheel alignment done? Do you go to a local garage at a later date?

Im thinking of giving Halfords tyres on the drive a go, anyone used them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom