**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Yeah for sure. Though I'm a good 3000 miles in now so I would have thought they were have settled down a bit by now.

I swapped them over front to back so will see how they are next time I go for a proper drive, as the rear was where I feel most movement and they were frankly still brand new. Fronts are well scrubbed.

15% off Contis @ Blackcircles

FLASH15

BxveH98.png

Fully fitted

I have to give Kwik-Fit credit for the service I received yesterday. They were happy to let me inspect the tyres before installing them, they knew how to jack a Tesla up properly, they were careful with the wheels, and they hand-torqued the bolts afterwards.

It's not normally the first place I'd go for tyres, but sourcing the ones I needed has been a real PITA.

I have to give Kwik-Fit credit for the service I received yesterday. They were happy to let me inspect the tyres before installing them, they knew how to jack a Tesla up properly, they were careful with the wheels, and they hand-torqued the bolts afterwards.

It's not normally the first place I'd go for tyres, but sourcing the ones I needed has been a real PITA.
I find their website pricing really annoying though.

You've got the tyre price which looks good, discount applied if you buy 2/4 as well lovely, then you add it to the basket and they pile on balancing/valve/disposal costs which basically wipe out the discount savings.

I've not seen any other tyre fitting website that does that or certainly not to the level Kwikfit do.

I find their website pricing really annoying though.

You've got the tyre price which looks good, discount applied if you buy 2/4 as well lovely, then you add it to the basket and they pile on balancing/valve/disposal costs which basically wipe out the discount savings.

I've not seen any other tyre fitting website that does that or certainly not to the level Kwikfit do.

Mine wasn't like that at all. The tyres were listed at £278.95/each before the discount. In the order confirmation email the tyres themselves are listed at £260.00, and then all of the extras add up to £278.95.

ZEhsb4B.png

Last edited:
Mine wasn't like that at all. The tyres were listed at £278.95/each before the discount. In the order confirmation email the tyres themselves are listed at £260.00, and then all of the extras add up to £278.95.

ZEhsb4B.png
That may be what threw me then, initially showing fully fitted price and then breaking it down in the basket. Either way they always seem to come out a chunk more expensive whenever I've been shopping for new ones.

That may be what threw me then, initially showing fully fitted price and then breaking it down in the basket. Either way they always seem to come out a chunk more expensive whenever I've been shopping for new ones.

They weren't the cheapest, but they were the only ones that could get hold of these stupid tyres. I had 2 cancelled orders from Asda Tyres and eTyres, which I have since learned is the same company.

they hand-torqued the bolts afterwards.
I think every tyre place I've ever been to throws the wheels on, does them up with the rattle gun, then bounces on them a couple of times with a torque wrench. My issue with this is every time they use the torque wrench, you can hear that the bolt is already so tight that the wrench just clicks straight away - which for them, seems to be ok? I normally always have to loosen them and retorque them when I get home. I'm normally just so thankful that they haven't damaged the wheel I take it as a win.

I do wonder about the people you get at these places... It's not the most complex job in the world but they still find a way of bodging it when doing it properly literally takes 2 seconds longer

I think every tyre place I've ever been to throws the wheels on, does them up with the rattle gun, then bounces on them a couple of times with a torque wrench. My issue with this is every time they use the torque wrench, you can hear that the bolt is already so tight that the wrench just clicks straight away - which for them, seems to be ok? I normally always have to loosen them and retorque them when I get home. I'm normally just so thankful that they haven't damaged the wheel I take it as a win.

I do wonder about the people you get at these places... It's not the most complex job in the world but they still find a way of bodging it when doing it properly literally takes 2 seconds longer
Yeah agreed. I'm the same. If I get anything done which is wheel related, I get home and then I loosen and torque by hand to correct setting.

I'm kind of guilty of this to be honest - I tend to guess it then bounce the torque wrench on it a couple of times to make sure it isn't looser than the specified torque.

Do you guys think buying from tyres for a Merc not marked MO will make a massive difference to the wear ?

Just had 2 Michelin Pilot Sport 5’s on but somebody said tyres made for Mercedes marked MO would have been better and the wear slower on the inside.

(The last set i had wore very quickly on both inside edges)

Back
Top Bottom