**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

My C63 is on P4S tyres. The previous owner replaced one due to damage so now I have one that needs replacing and another at 7ishmm. Not sure if I should replace both or just the one. If I replace both I'm putting Goodyear Eagle F1's on. 265/35/19 pricing is obscene. I can put 275/35/19s on for much less.
At 7mm I'd just replace one.

In the event that you did replace both, surely you could retain the tyre as a spare, and then would only need to pay fitting in the future?

I know Michelin Cross Climate 2 are excellent but that's a hell of a lot of money for four tyres.
are the cc2 and efficient grips so different in pricing for you -
they are similar prices for me at meager 205 size, so my only small dilemma is mixing them with existing EG's on other axle, and buying them when there is a local offer at euromaster.

Last edited:
At 7mm I'd just replace one.

In the event that you did replace both, surely you could retain the tyre as a spare, and then would only need to pay fitting in the future?
I would just flog the PS4S on FB Marketplace. I'm being swayed by putting 2 cheaper tyres on like Contis, Goodyear or even the new Falken RS820 as they are getting good reviews.

Went with some CC2 SUV in the end, only ones that ticked all the boxes nearly, but a big one that I think I will probably find them too soft, but nothing else really fits my needs.

T7NkoVK.png

EDIT: One slight downside being directional tread - will have to make sure any garage that might work on the vehicle refits them correctly - those I mostly use are usually fairly good about that though.

Last edited:
I’ve gone from MPS4S to CS7 on my stage 2 M2C and they have been much better in every way possible except tyre wear. They also only came with 6.5mm.

Went with some CC2 SUV in the end, only ones that ticked all the boxes nearly, but a big one that I think I will probably find them too soft, but nothing else really fits my needs.

T7NkoVK.png

EDIT: One slight downside being directional tread - will have to make sure any garage that might work on the vehicle refits them correctly - those I mostly use are usually fairly good about that though.
Very nice, I was looking at CC2 for my car but went with Kinergy 4S2 due to the cost, it costs me a total of £450 (4 tyres + front brake pads and discs all fitted). If I go for CC2 will cost me around £30 to 40 extra per tyre.

I need to check the wear rate of my CS7s. I’m not bothered though, it’s worth it for the performance and confidence they offer, especially in the cold and wet. Considering how much water I’ve pushed them through this year they have handled incredibly well.

what's the difference in wear rates?
The CS7 are definitely wearing faster but I haven’t noted mileage. I should have done really to find the price per mile difference but they perform much better so I’m not too concerned, I’ll just put more on when they wear down.

Just fitted a set of CS7's to my A6 to replace the Eagle F1's. So far quite liking them, a lot more confidence in the wet already, and they seem to feel a bit softer overall. At £146 a corner from Camskill is a really good price too. The Goodyears lasted around 18k miles, which I don't think is bad for a big car, plus a lot of my miles are done on country roads with a lot of cornering, braking etc. Be interesteing to see how these last in comparison. Mileage has just turned 78k for my own record.

zQWoLVI.jpeg

c0pfhbB.jpeg

Just a quick one, Does anybody know how much it would cost to get a tyre fitter to fit new tyres to my car and dispose of old the old one. In the past i have always just got it done in the garage, but i am seeing some good prices for just the tyre delivered to my house but i am wondering if it would still be a deal once i get somebody in to fit it on my driveway.

Just a quick one, Does anybody know how much it would cost to get a tyre fitter to fit new tyres to my car and dispose of old the old one. In the past i have always just got it done in the garage, but i am seeing some good prices for just the tyre delivered to my house but i am wondering if it would still be a deal once i get somebody in to fit it on my driveway.
iirc people have quoted something like £20/corner

Try black circles, you can chose where to have them fitted but still get good prices.

Just fitted a set of CS7's to my A6 to replace the Eagle F1's. So far quite liking them, a lot more confidence in the wet already, and they seem to feel a bit softer overall. At £146 a corner from Camskill is a really good price too. The Goodyears lasted around 18k miles, which I don't think is bad for a big car, plus a lot of my miles are done on country roads with a lot of cornering, braking etc. Be interesteing to see how these last in comparison. Mileage has just turned 78k for my own record.

zQWoLVI.jpeg

c0pfhbB.jpeg
Have you measured the starting tread? Mine came with 6.5mm

I FINALLY had my new tyres fitted on Friday. 4x eagle sports all season. had to pay extra for alignment however i cant argue at £816 all in for 245/50/20 tyres and wheel alignment.... i timed it in with a night out in cambridge so got myself some free parking over night which was nice..... saved paying the £26 hotel parking fee :D

however maybe it is just me overthinking it............ I dunno, but somehow the car does not feel quite as responsive as it did before. could be in my head. Also i need to drive it more but my miles per kw seemed down a little bit over the old tyres.

these were life for like replacements however the old tyres were well worn and also 4 years old so maybe the rubber composition had changed or something.

Last edited:
Hi guys, been going through the posts on here and not 100% on what to get so thought I’d ask.

So we’re due for some new tyres on our CR-V, and live in rural ish Lincolnshire.

Usually travel several times a day along 5-6 miles of poorly maintained back roads which are un-gritted during the winter.

Once on the main roads were normally fine as they are gritted. Come late spring summer and early autumn it’s usually dry or chucking it down so a decent wet tyre would have sufficed.

Just pondering wether to stick some all seasons on for the impending wet/cold seasons - GY 4s gen 3 SUV or stick with a summer tyre such as GY EfficientGrip SUV 2, as we’ve managed fine up to now, I suppose knowing where the tyre limit for grip is you take it a lot slower etc. I know on the colder icy mornings like the one in my link iirc around -5 I wasn’t far off the limits of the tyre in terms of grip (random Mazzini and rapid iirc that came new on the car a few years back), gentle steering and taking it slow maintained the grip. We don’t usually get snow (apart from the beast from the east that blanketed the coast) just the ice/frost low temps in the colder seasons hence my being on the fence with the all seasons since most tyres won’t do well in ice.

Typical road conditions locally and what we get most mornings from November to feb

Any suggestions on which way to go would be great or any info would be great. Cheers all.

Last edited:
Typical road conditions locally and what we get most mornings from November to feb

Similar to what I can be dealing with around here in parts - this is more typical for me though - as you can probably imagine not much fun if it gets icy - anything worse is more the exception than the rule but sometimes I have to do it without much choice.

All-seasons are not ice tyres, though they have improved performance on ice compared to your average summer tyre, they also tend to have quite long dry braking performance which is a bit of a negative for me personally.

Bridgestone Turanza All Season 6 seem like a good compromise in that they are more summer balanced with still fairly respectable dry performance and good wet performance but still with some ability in snow, etc. but not as good snow handling as the likes of the Cross Climate 2s. Though I've been a little put off Bridgestone with the premature cracking between tread blocks I've encountered on several sets of t005s.

I've not got around to trying the CC2 SUV yet but I've a feeling they might be a bit too soft for dealing with the kind of rural roads and tracks some of us deal with. Likewise the Pirelli Cinturato All Season SF3 seem to be fairly summer balanced but with some capability in winter but not one I have any experience with and availability seems limited, I'd also wonder if they might be too soft for this kind of use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom