**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Any of the premium touring offerings would be fine, primacy 4, efficient grip performance 2, Turanza6, ultrac, Venus prime 4 etc

I currently have efficient grip performance 2 on my car and more than happy with them

You could probably have a look round and get whatever’s cheapest from the ones tested?

Thanks, I’ve found a deal for 4 of the efficient grip performance 2’s fitted at ATS for £293 which seems like a good deal. H rating looks fine to me, I’m presuming I’m correct?

Thanks, I’ve found a deal for 4 of the efficient grip performance 2’s fitted at ATS for £293 which seems like a good deal. H rating looks fine to me, I’m presuming I’m correct?

H is Speed Rating - Rated upto 130MPH, so will be absolutely fine.

Would be no good for me when on way back with a Pathia… :cool::D

Drove a vehicle on budget tyres earlier, don't even ask me what they were, and even at ~7C the comparison to ~14C earlier in the day was concerning with the feel of scrabbling for grip even mildly chucking them into a corner.

@Rroff you have life insurance don't you :P

Think I need it - drove one of the work vans earlier and even at ~15 MPH you could tell it was on 4 different tyres :( and probably not tyre related but near full lock it felt like the handbrake was still on and at full lock was creaking and groaning like anything - it is on like 202 or 206K miles or something though (21 plate).

Last edited:
One of my colleagues has two new tyres on the front of a small hatchback... cheap Chinese brand all-seasons (Ovation), with very worn ditch finders on the back... good luck emergency braking in the wet... probably the only saving grace is they are cheap Chinese ones as a better brand would probably be even more lethal with the comparative grip front vs rear.

Last edited:
One of my colleagues has two new tyres on the front of a small hatchback... cheap Chinese brand all-seasons (Ovation), with very worn ditch finders on the back... good luck emergency braking in the wet... probably the only saving grace is they are cheap Chinese ones as a better brand would probably be even more lethal with the comparative grip front vs rear.

I'd be more worried about lift off oversteer in the wet.

Back
Top Bottom