Upcoming Concerts

Terrorvision, next week, at a small venue approximately 2 miles from MrGreyFox's house :D
Seen them several times, first at Glastonbury, then multiple times around Bradford in the late 90's/early 2000's. Always fun.

Sleeper, 2 weeks time, at the same small venue as mentioned by the artist formerly known as Dimple.

Couple of Gigs on my Scottish Radar at Glasgow in the future ... Greta Van Fleet, and I wish them well, but not sure If I want to see another Led Zeppelin tribute band again? Sure I appreciate their talent, but not for me, if I lived in Glasgow, perhaps, but its a good 4 hr trek from where I live to get there.

Other one was Hans Zimmer ... dont laugh, always liked his music to films and the shows apparently are of a very high rock show standard light wise and laser wise .... if that's your thing too?

Tell you what, his score to The Da Vinci Code end scene was magnificent.

Last edited:
Off to see Voivod in Bristol tonight. If anyone's there, I'm the miserable bugger with a pint.

Well, it turns out I was miserable. I am cursed never to see Voivod- that's my fourth failed attempt.

My mate got into a spat with the bouncers, which escalated, so I ended up only seeing a few minutes of Voivod.

I spent a fair amount of time outside, stopping him getting stuck into security. It was like being 17 all over again, on the plus side.

Other one was Hans Zimmer ... dont laugh, always liked his music to films and the shows apparently are of a very high rock show standard light wise and laser wise .... if that's your thing too?

Why would anyone laugh? Saw HZ last year and it was absolutely fantastic, so good in fact I've booked again this year. Can't wait to see him again!

Got Combichrist and then Hawkwind next week.

It was Hawkwind last night and they were surprisingly very good! I mean, they are a bit like triggers broom with the only enduring member being the founder Dave Brock in 1969. So over the years they have waxed and waned, depending on their current make up. But last night was great, good old school British psychedelic rock, with a lot of the old favourites brought up to date with a more modern twist.

And Brock, still upfront playing and singing, with loads of energy. My partner turned and asked me how old he was, so I googled....and he's 81 :eek: incredible really!

Judas Priest with Saxon and Uriah Heep as support are touring UK March next year, not seen any of them so have registered for pre sale tickets on Thursday ... something to look forward to :)

EDIT March 2024 not May 2024

Last edited:
Roger waters O2 June with son.

See you there :) Doing Friday 2nd and Sat 3rd June at Glasgow Hydro with different friends each night, fantastic seats too, really looking forward to it. I have a spare seat for Sat 3rd up for sale on Ticketmaster (Front row balcony seat) as well.

In 2 weeks seeing Joe Satriani, VIP meet n greet ticket, this was bought before Covid lockdown, its finally happening at last!

Then back to the Hydro 26th June for Iron Maiden.

Saw Corrosion of Conformity in Manchester this weekend, a really small gig (500 people max capacity) and was stood on the front row close enough to read Pepper's set-list etc or even retune Mike Dean's bass guitar :D

It was a really good gig, the support act (Plainride) were fantastic too, the set-list was mostly all the Classics so guaranteed to bring the house down. We met the band in a pub about 2 hours before the gig and had a quick chat with Pepper/Woody and then, post-gig, bumped back into them at the same pub and had another few beers and a further chat, although everyone was a little deaf by then so it was more of a beer and shout instead.

Next up is Amon Amarth in June and then Biohazard in August.

NEver came back after the Sabaton gig I mentioned a couple of pages back, they were great (though I'd still trade Babymetal for the Hu in an instead).

Got a few things on the docket for the coming months:

Call of the Wild at the Lincolnshire showgrounds at the end of this month.
Iron Maiden next month
Skindred in November
And if I can pull it off, trying to get 15 people I know all in on a box for Judas Priest next year.

Went and saw Beyonce last night at the Principality Stadium.

Fantastic performance and a great show but I just dislike the acoustics you get in sports stadium for a musicians performance

Went and saw Beyonce last night at the Principality Stadium.

Fantastic performance and a great show but I just dislike the acoustics you get in sports stadium for a musicians performance

One thing I've always wondered being a metal fan where, with the greatest of respect the lead singers live vocal performance isn't really the main focus so them getting out of breath isn't a big deal, how on earth to vocal gymnasts like Beyonce still belt out songs Live whilst constantly dancing and yet still sound so good for the whole gig?

Do they pre-record her singing live (but not dancing etc) to get the best sounding live vocal performance and then play that "real live vocals" tape during the gig so she can dance about without having to worry about her vocals/being out of breath etc or does she actually do the whole dancing AND singing all 100% live and still sound perfect through fitness/practice?

Either way her live singing (watched her at half-time of Superbowl 2013) really is phenomenal.

Last edited:
I'm in Glasgow and just off to see Flogging Molly at the Galvanizer Yard SWB3. A band I've wanted to see for a very long time.
Just so happened to be here for a few days, was wearing my t-shirt when a woman asked me if I was going the gig, I am now :)

One week today its Roger Waters two nights in a row at Glasgow Hydro, was there too last event about 5 years ago, by pure coincidence Friday and Saturday night shows too again in mid summer June.
Love him or hate him, Roger was the most prolific part of Pink Floyd ..... Love Dave Gilmour too, equally, but this time its about Roger and he's the guy who's put the effort into this show that is about Pink Floyd.

Been following this ... This is Not A Drill ... from its beginning and was excited it would go on to Europe too, and then Glasgow for a night ... and then Glasgow two nights and making it just like last year at Glasgow, so yes, going to be there both nights again.
Roger is quite old now, but his enthusiasm is boundless, been following him on FB recenty, he has time to say hello to everyone and has answered at least two of my questions.

Its going to be fun ... This time next week :)

Call of the Wild was this weekend just gone. Nobody I'd say outright bad, but if you're even slightly into your rock/metal keep an eye out for the Kris Barras band, Fury or Those damn crows playing near you, they were the standouts.

Back
Top Bottom