Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Couple of Gigs on my Scottish Radar at Glasgow in the future ... Greta Van Fleet, and I wish them well, but not sure If I want to see another Led Zeppelin tribute band again? Sure I appreciate their talent, but not for me, if I lived in Glasgow, perhaps, but its a good 4 hr trek from where I live to get there.

Other one was Hans Zimmer ... dont laugh, always liked his music to films and the shows apparently are of a very high rock show standard light wise and laser wise .... if that's your thing too?

Tell you what, his score to The Da Vinci Code end scene was magnificent.

I'm going to see Hans Zimmer in London in a few weeks.

Dunno why you seem embarassed?

Soldato
Got Tim Minchin in London on Sunday, then theatre in London again the next w/e then Hans Zimmer in Manchester and Muse at MK Bowl, a busy June!

and just booking Bob Vylan and Gogol Bordello at Rock City in Nov/Dec

Associate
Got Tim Minchin in London on Sunday, then theatre in London again the next w/e then Hans Zimmer in Manchester and Muse at MK Bowl, a busy June!

and just booking Bob Vylan and Gogol Bordello at Rock City in Nov/Dec

If you've not seen Bob Vylan before I highly recommend it, saw them just after the last album launched and they put on a great show.

Soldato
Just booked Pulp in London as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. Also got pre-sale tickets to Royal Blood for October too, let's hope they're not entirely cancelled by then :p

(I've seen them live twice I think, they may have mellowed a bit musically since the first/two albums, but I seem to recall thinking they were awesomely heavy live, and a very good show. So meh to all the haters)

Soldato
Just grabbed some tickets for Ezra Collective at Royal Albert Hall, been wanting to see them for a while, heard a lot about how good they are live.
Did you go for standing? I couldn’t work out the seating situation properly - or wondered if I’d be happy sitting (not something I’d usually do at a gig). I bailed for now as it’s two weeks after RB and I actually have no money to spend at the moment what with one thing and another in the house, big birthdays, holidays etc. I know I’m going to regret it, their new album is amazing and I do wonder if at the RAH they might persuade some of their guests to join…

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you go for standing? I couldn’t work out the seating situation properly - or wondered if I’d be happy sitting (not something I’d usually do at a gig).

I did yes. Though based on the time I saw Gilmour and was sat on literally the last row of seats at the top, the accoustics are so good at the RAH it didn’t matter.

I bailed for now as it’s two weeks after RB and I actually have no money to spend at the moment what with one thing and another in the house, big birthdays, holidays etc. I know I’m going to regret it, their new album is amazing and I do wonder if at the RAH they might persuade some of their guests to join…

I'll have to check out their new album!

Man of Honour
Not ‘upcoming’ but Roger Waters put on an excellent show at the O2 this week.

The show was slightly maligned by the persons sitting behind me having little / no patience for Roger’s politics, who then proceeded to whinge throughout the first half about it. I mean, the show literally started with a statement that people that can’t stand his politics should ‘go’ to the bar - what did they expect?!

Also, chatting through any show is something that warrants instant death.

Guns n’ Roses in a couple of weeks!! :)

Back
Top Bottom