Vanced discontinued

Associate
i downloaded microg and revanced extended apks from the second post on xda

Last edited:
Soldato
i downloaded microg and revanced extended apks from the second post on xda
Wow seems very complicated, is there a reason they cant just supply an APK like vanced used to be?

Although I see using the magisk module potentially makes it a lot easier.

Soldato
OP
Wow seems very complicated, is there a reason they cant just supply an APK like vanced used to be?

Although I see using the magisk module potentially makes it a lot easier.
Probably so it's not linked to a single signature and harder for Google to block, although they have been targetting microG instead (there's a spoof signature patch that bypasses this).

Soldato
Seems like my YT Vanced has now packed up, as i now get the 'The following content is not available on this app' error message; i am surprised it lasted this long though.

Is the census to use Revanced/Revanced Extended now? And if so, should i be using the XDA Forum Link or the Revanced GitHub Repo?
Have seen posts about the .io website and to stay away.

Soldato
OP
Seems like my YT Vanced has now packed up, as i now get the 'The following content is not available on this app' error message; i am surprised it lasted this long though.

Is the census to use Revanced/Revanced Extended now? And if so, should i be using the XDA Forum Link or the Revanced GitHub Repo?
Have seen posts about the .io website and to stay away.
Yes, ReVanced is the way to go. I was using ReVanced Extended but moved back to ReVanced so I can also use the patcher for Twitter and eventually Reddit, not to mention the developer for Extended is taking a break so is now behind the main branch.

XDA links to the same GitHub repo so either will do, but the guide on XDA is more detailed if you need help.

Associate
YouTube will no longer play for more than a minute or two before it stops with a black screen, presumably where there's an ad,but it doesn't start playing again.
I've read revanced isn't working any more.
Is that true?

Permabanned
YouTube will no longer play for more than a minute or two before it stops with a black screen, presumably where there's an ad,but it doesn't start playing again.
Is that true?
No problems with ReVanced. Where did you read that?

There isn't anything on the official GitHub about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is that true?
There's a client spoof patch for ReVanced you need to select, although it should be with the recommended patch selection with the recent versions of the manager. Make sure to go into Youtube settings -> ReVanced -> Misc and "Spoof app signature" is enabled.

Associate
There's a client spoof patch for ReVanced you need to select, although it should be with the recommended patch selection with the recent versions of the manager. Make sure to go into Youtube settings -> ReVanced -> Misc and "Spoof app signature" is enabled.
I reinstalled the apps and they seem to be working ok now,cheers

Back
Top Bottom