Vanced discontinued

Soldato
Vanced stopped working for me a few days ago. Switched to Revanced and aside from a few never ending bufferings it is working, sort of ok. The few hours of using standard YT app drove me up the wall with the endless ads. I'd forgotten how awful it was.

If revanced doesn't work out I think VPN is the way forward. Would be handy for the wife too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vanced stopped working for me a few days ago. Switched to Revanced and aside from a few never ending bufferings it is working, sort of ok. The few hours of using standard YT app drove me up the wall with the endless ads. I'd forgotten how awful it was.

If revanced doesn't work out I think VPN is the way forward. Would be handy for the wife too.
Yep I downloaded a prepackaged APK for revance enhanced. Installed and it works perfectly. Very easy!

Associate
been trying a few solutions. I've never tried Vanced but had a go at the dummies guide to RE Vanced, but I couldn't get it to work on my tablet. The app would install but it would not launch anything For the Android TV, I've settled on smarttubenext which works great. I actually think it's faster than the YouTube app but on the phone and tablet it doesn't scroll correctly, but it's meant for TVs anyway.

got Cleantube and Newpipe on the phone. The former is available on the Play Store, which surprised me.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've been trying a few solutions. I've never tried Vanced but had a go at the dummies guide to RE Vanced, but I couldn't get it to work on my tablet. The app would install but it would not launch anything For the Android TV, I've settled on smarttubenext which works great. I actually think it's faster than the YouTube app but on the phone and tablet it doesn't scroll correctly, but it's meant for TVs anyway.

got Cleantube and Newpipe on the phone. The former is available on the Play Store, which surprised me.
Are you patching a downloaded APK of YouTube or the YouTube app already installed on your phone? You need to select the storage option and then select the APK file. Currently doesn't work with the installed version since it's a bundled APK which doesn't have all the resources in it.

Associate
Are you patching a downloaded APK of YouTube or the YouTube app already installed on your phone? You need to select the storage option and then select the APK file. Currently doesn't work with the installed version since it's a bundled APK which doesn't have all the resources in it.
Sure i removed the inbuilt YT app and download the recommended file can't remember the storage option perhaps that's where I went wrong, i even tried getting it to work on the Firestick but it wouldn't parse 2nd file the manager one can it work on android tvs btw ? or am i wasting my time with that.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sure i removed the inbuilt YT app and download the recommended file can't remember the storage option perhaps that's where I went wrong, i even tried getting it to work on the Firestick but it wouldn't parse 2nd file the manager one can it work on android tvs btw ? or am i wasting my time with that.
Stick with SmartTubeNext for TVs, ReVanced is designed for mobile.

Caporegime
I've become so used to and reliant on the likes of Vanced, it feels insulting have to use YT on a friend's phone :o.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom