Vaping

Soldato
Well that's fine, glad we sorted that out then. :) So you got any proof vaping is just slightly less harmless than smoking or you just going post and run with irrelevant views?

Got any proof vaping is harmless? Scientific, unbiased, proof?

Vaping stinks, just because it stinks less than cigarettes doesn't mean others should have to suffer it.

Absolutely. In someone's own home, fine, but not in a work place, or public place.

Soldato
Absolutely. In someone's own home, fine, but not in a work place, or public place.

last i checked vapers were kicked out into the same places the smokers were

also, bit presumptious to dictate what people are allowed to do in public, i mean if you get triggered by the smell of donuts i feel sorry for you every time you have to walk past a bakery.

Soldato
last i checked vapers were kicked out into the same places the smokers were

also, bit presumptious to dictate what people are allowed to do in public, i mean if you get triggered by the smell of donuts i feel sorry for you every time you have to walk past a bakery.

I see it the same as smoking, so don't think people should do it around others. No triggering here, don't be so presumptuous.

Caporegime
I didnt say slightly less. You have interpreted my comnent the wrong way. Even if it causes 5 or 10% the harm of smoking it still causes harm and long term effects are unknown. It could be like the early days of smoking only time will tell.

Well we will just agree to disagree then. Luckily most doctors and the NHS believe that vaping is very beneficial and has done more to stop people smoking than any other ways of giving up which will save the NHS millions and you in taxes so you should be thankful.

Soldato
Well we will just agree to disagree then. Luckily most doctors and the NHS believe that vaping is very beneficial and has done more to stop people smoking than any other ways of giving up which will save the NHS millions and you in taxes so you should be thankful.

Its beneficial vecause it stops people smoking, but on its own it isnt beneficial. Anyway I have had too much of the other drug alchohol to care right now :p

Caporegime
Vaping stinks, just because it stinks less than cigarettes doesn't mean others should have to suffer it.

Vaping doesn’t stink per say, it doesn’t stick to your clothes like cigarette smoke does. Neither does it stink a house or a car out. The smoke dissipates after a little while.

I’ve been near enough vaping in my house and car for 5 yrs and it doesn’t stink like cigarettes would make it smell.

Soldato
My dad was diagnosed with COPD nearly ten years ago, and was told categorically he would be in a wheelchair and on oxygen canisters within a year. He used to smoke 40+ a day.

He switched to vaping and is still going today. His lung capacity initially increased, but is only now starting to fall again.

For me, I switched to vaping 7 years ago. Within the first year I took up running, and within 2 years was running 10-15k four nights a week without stopping. Before vaping I was out of breath going down the stairs.

All you folk banging on that it's as bad as smoking are just outright wrong, and thankfully medical professionals generally disagree with you. There could be hidden long term health issues, but when the alternative was smoking and certain death... I'll stick with my vape thanks.

I also don't care if someone thinks I look daft. It's better than death.

Man of Honour
Tbf I know plenty of runners who smoke and don’t seem to be affected by it. Granted none of them are near 40 a day or close. Mostly casual smokers like myself who might have 4/5 max a day.

I’ve previously cycled at this level of smoking with no issue. Strangely there’s nothing I love more than a cig after exercising.

Man of Honour
My dad was diagnosed with COPD nearly ten years ago, and was told categorically he would be in a wheelchair and on oxygen canisters within a year. He used to smoke 40+ a day.

He switched to vaping and is still going today. His lung capacity initially increased, but is only now starting to fall again.

I hope he doesn't vape while he's got his oxygen on?
Because of smoking my Mum is on oxygen 24/7 with a less than 20% lung capacity.

Soldato
My mate had a recent heart attack and the doctor told him to stop smoking cigarettes and start vaping as that is much better for him.

Only 4 ingredients, water, nicotine and 2 others I can't remember

Soldato
I was in Superdrug the other day and noticed all the vaping fluids just sit on the shelf alongside the sun tan lotions etc.

What's the score with that; was it just tobacco products that were restricted to behind shopping counters?

Soldato
I used to really enjoy vaping. Was a great way of stopping smoking and managed to slowly lower the nicotine strength over a few weeks until I'd been vaping 0% for a couple of weeks and then it was easy just to stop. My lungs definitely feel better for stopping vaping but I don't think it is anywhere near as harmful as smoking.

Soldato
I've vaped for years, got me off a 20 year smoking habit and cleared my lungs up bigly, however, I treat it the same as smoking and I'll never vape anywhere smoking is prohibited. If a smoker get's a big whiff of my sherbet lemons they can deal with it, smells far better than their fags.

Permabanned
My mate had a recent heart attack and the doctor told him to stop smoking cigarettes and start vaping as that is much better for him.

Only 4 ingredients, water, nicotine and 2 others I can't remember

PG Propelyn Glycol and VG Vegetable Glycerine.... Probably spelt them wrong. :p

I vape but I don't take the mickey and try not to contaminate anyone else with it.

Back
Top Bottom