Vault 111 by PEXON

Associate
OP
It was just a cheapo eBay jobbie, 2 quid delivered! There are a lot on there, not designed for PC switches but I tried it with an old PSU with the green and a black wire and it switches it on no issues.

Associate
OP
haha no, I just make cables. Thanks for the comment though, this is just my first time doing it. I did a little bit of research on the etching thing, but I've got a workshop with various tools and worked in mechanical engineering for a few years before I started Pexon, so I've got a little bit of experience on that side of things

Associate
OP
Hey guys, time for another update.

First off, I managed to find another vinyl sticker I got made up and never found a use for...

gPv8ctrh.jpg

SocGl9nh.jpg

6fOt864h.jpg

Weathered up with sand paper, lighter and some ink

02RRnvnh.jpg

ijeqrKUh.jpg

BJjPuyqh.jpg

1F2K6Tgh.jpg

imKNmqJh.jpg

Next up I manged to get another toggle fighter pilot style switch in. This one will just be for decoration

Soldered the wires up, so the LED can be wired up to a 9v battery.

MYDma6qh.jpg

Mb1zYIlh.jpg

eJkNMDYh.jpg

TRIiHjKh.jpg

tllMZ5Hh.jpg

6Okccaih.jpg

2sHn3wkh.jpg

9bFKL04h.jpg

O33JnCOh.jpg

M0nKKBAh.jpg

aTiY7iVh.jpg

Next up, time for cables! :D

lBPaIyQh.jpg

Double wires and jumpers on the cables will be done with clear shrink and ink for weathering

QwuWKSWh.jpg

BOOM!

OhC6DMgh.jpg

pF06OFqh.jpg

Ha2XlGYh.jpg

M7dghwqh.jpg

5auUgL2h.jpg

All working first time with everything but the -5v lit (20th pin, not used on any PSUs anymore), so all good here :)

GtPDJsrh.jpg

3USqz1Rh.jpg

3qwYVa3h.jpg

Now.... bare with me, I went a little overboard with the weathering on the cables .....

Pbjv1YJh.jpg

hyiZzroh.jpg

vOr9njsh.jpg

9UzilZWh.jpg

aZ3JWveh.jpg

8NNQg5Xh.jpg

I used some electrical tape on the 2nd wire that took more weathering than the other wires, to make it look like someone has tried to repair the loom.

6WB5bObh.jpg

If its too OTT, I can easily change it... some feedback would be great!

As always, thanks for stopping by!

James

Associate
OP
Yup, plan of knackering up the connectors too, don't worry about that ;)

I will just link to the methods I used, honestly, its really not difficult. But sure, I will see if I can get a video sorted at some point

Associate
OP
The switches are in an upright position when they are on 360 :)

I ran out of time yesterday, I finished up at past 10 PM and had been in the workshop for 15 odd hours, so I couldn't get anymore done. I will be weathering the cables up some more over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom