• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Soldato
:D

Exclusive: Radeon RX Vega 64 MSRP Pricing Update

http://wccftech.com/radeon-rx-vega-64-msrp-pricing-update/

Wait,wut?? Hynix still hasn't delivered HBM2 in quantity?

That indicates Vega would have been one year late if they had not used Samsung.

Article is a load of ****** TBH. There are loads of Vega 64's about, reference air that is.There is no shortage. All hot air from AMD, same as their cards then.

Read the article again. They are using Samsung HBM2,which is the same stuff Nvidia uses on its expensive compute cards. AMD originally partnered with SK Hynix when HBM was invented,and then the same company for HBM2. But Samsung beat them to release,and if AMD had not secured Samsung HBM2,it means that Vega would have been released at the end of the year,ie,at least 12 months later than what was on the original roadmap after the Polaris launch.

Samsung is a relative late addition as an HBM2 supplier as AMD only really mentioned them sometime this year.

This is only going from bad to worse!

Last edited:
Associate
Article is a load of ****** TBH. There are loads of Vega 64's about, reference air that is.There is no shortage. All hot air from AMD, same as their cards then.

I know it's wccftech, but it does say in the article:

RX Vega stock is not in short supply, tens of thousands of units were shipped out to cater to launch demand but ran into logistical delays
Its no secret that RX Vega 64 was one of the worst stocked launches in history with Amazon not even bothering to list the card and Newegg running out of supply within minutes. This was slightly surprising considering that AMD had previously stated that one of the reasons for delaying Vega was so they could accumulate a good quantity of launch supply. The reason as it turns out had less to do with an inadequate supply of GPUs and more to do with logistical problems the shipments ran into.

Associate
I've decided, if I'm awake from night shift at the sale time I'll buy Vega for my new freesync monitor then later watercool it. If I'm asleep I'll go 1080Ti for the extra pennies and performance.

Back
Top Bottom