Virgin Media Broadband 20MB

Associate

download.jpg

My 4mb :D

99% i can max out when downloading, would love it to be put to 10mb, if not may have to call up and see if i can get 10/20mb for the same price.

Last edited:
Soldato
cheets64 said:
Buggers, gone back down to 4meg now, was loving the 10 meg speeds can wait for may the 1st

Don't expect to be upgraded on May 1st. The upgrades will start to be rolled out then so you may be lucky, but it'll probably be a few days or even weeks after.

Associate
Wow 20 meg broadband :o I can't wait!!!! sorry to hijack the thread but i have an older NTL modem, do you think thatll be ok? ive had internet for about a year now?

Soldato
What was the state of play with the roll outs last upgrade?

I cannot remember how long it took them to get from region to region but I know it was quite a while. Not had a letter as yet from them but I am asuming they are not giving out specific dates anyhow.

Had a quick look at the website with coming dates but agai nI guess they are hold off till at least the end of April for that.

Soldato
Journey said:
What was the state of play with the roll outs last upgrade?

I cannot remember how long it took them to get from region to region but I know it was quite a while. Not had a letter as yet from them but I am asuming they are not giving out specific dates anyhow.

Had a quick look at the website with coming dates but agai nI guess they are hold off till at least the end of April for that.

It took about 6-8 weeks to do everyone if i remember, the last people got done ages after the first lot.

Soldato
could someone post a picture of what the ntl 'green boxes' (the outside ones) look like. I have a tall rectangular green box literally right outside my front door and i'm wondering if that might be it.

Stuck on ~6meg adsl for at least the next 6 months due to a contract, but i'll be very tempted to switch to 20meg cable if reports are good!

Soldato
snow patrol said:
could someone post a picture of what the ntl 'green boxes' (the outside ones) look like. I have a tall rectangular green box literally right outside my front door and i'm wondering if that might be it.

Stuck on ~6meg adsl for at least the next 6 months due to a contract, but i'll be very tempted to switch to 20meg cable if reports are good!

They're just green metal cabinets - I've seen loads that are different sizes but the chances are that the green box you're talking about is a Virgin cable one.

Associate
tweakinfreak said:
Just did a speed test 5 mins ago.........supposed to be on 10meg?

Whats the details to log into modem? So I can confirm what speed its set to?

you must be in trial area.. Your getting 18mb down and 0.3/4 mb up!

Back
Top Bottom