Virgin Media Broadband 20MB

Soldato
Most trialists will be permanent now, it saves messing to revert them back to the old configuration. This doesn't mean everyone will be. Also my main point was that you kept stating that the upgrades would start from today onwards, which isn't true. You where a trialist and in some ways are, but they aren't going to change you back this close to the upgrade.

I'm not flaming, just saying.

Edit: Sorry I should say support kept telling you about the early upgrades, but most of the time they aren't privy to this information.

Soldato
Robert said:
Most trialists will be permanent now, it saves messing to revert them back to the old configuration. This doesn't mean everyone will be. Also my main point was that you kept stating that the upgrades would start from today onwards, which isn't true. You where a trialist and in some ways are, but they aren't going to change you back this close to the upgrade.

I'm not flaming, just saying.

Edit: Sorry I should say support kept telling you about the early upgrades, but most of the time they aren't privy to this information.
Maybe they're just starting the upgrade with the triallists. ;)

Soldato
Configs will be issued region by region in the same way they always have at every other upgrade, this used to start with Scotland and North East (SANE) for TW then move south but this changed some time ago pre merger. You'll find each old franchise area will have a different date on the letter as a result.

Soldato
used to be blueyonder.co.uk/evenfaster but with the VM shell being put over the blueyonder/NTL back end it's not showing up as far as I can tell.

Associate
Ulfhedjinn said:
Oh yeah, you're right. It's a co-axial cable when it's run into the house. :)

Can't coaxial cable support well above 100Mbps anyway though?

Ethernet over co-ax is commercially used to the home for speeds of over 200Mbps and has been demonstrated to much higher. No problems for a while :)

Soldato
AssaTM said:
They're not the most reliable, but it's not that they go down a lot, it's just the routing too and from Sweden is fairly bad :p

off topic completely, but its more ISP shaping than bad routing. route traffic through port 444 or 666 and watch those speeds increase :D (this applies to BBB hosts specifically)

Associate
Camalot said:
I can only see the 10mb going to 20.Where does it say the 4mb is going to 10?

according to someone at Virgin customer/tech support a couple of days ago, the 2mb and 4mb packages aren't increasing in speed. There will only be 2mb, 4mb & 20mb, although they mentioned something about wanting to add a 4th package @ 10mb to fill the gap.

Of course, they maybe didn't have a clue like most of their staff (one of which hadn't even heard of the 20mb increase), so I'd take that info with the usual pinch of salt.

Soldato
Im on the 4mb now and am downloading at 1MB/s constantly, its great :) no letters to let me know this though, thought it was just an error that they had made, wasnt going to complain though :)

Soldato
SuBsTaNcE said:
Im on the 4mb now and am downloading at 1MB/s constantly, its great :) no letters to let me know this though, thought it was just an error that they had made, wasnt going to complain though :)

:confused: since when can you get 1mb/s off a 4mb line

Back
Top Bottom