Virgin Media Discussion Thread

It's a provisioning fault that for whatever reason hasn't made it to the correct team. There will probably be two engineer visits before anybody realises what is going on.

Anyone else getting VM Email sign in issues? I've been putting my password in and keep getting told sign in failed.

Edit: looks like engineers in my area are aware of it. Service page says I might find my VM Email isn't working at the moment.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting VM Email sign in issues? I've been putting my password in and keep getting told sign in failed.

Edit: looks like engineers in my area are aware of it. Service page says I might find my VM Email isn't working at the moment.

It's even hit the mainline news, not a good look for Virgin.

Can't access mine still, and apparently the outage started at 6.45 this morning.

I gave Virgin 2 more calls today and finally agreed a deal of £27 for 500mb for 18 months with the option to take out 1gig for £29 + £5 O2 sim. My understanding is you can get a bit sly and cancel the Sim in the cooling off without Virgin knowing but i need to look into this before i play with the idea of 1gig.

I did have to tell them i had agreed 500mb with BT this morning for £27 month, the first guy offered £29 for that and when i called back 5 mins later the woman offered me the £27 for 500mb. Both people today offered £29 for 1gig but only if i took a £5 sim, so the total would be £34

My offers were as follows:

LtidPZd.png

Last edited:
Reactions: KIA
That really sucks, does sound like there is some technical fault on their end so hopefully an engineer is trying to sort it out. Did they give you a case reference?

4 days later and another 55 minutes on the phone and it's FINALLY at 1146mb.

Basically, my router/HUB5 was registered to the wrong account. Its taken 1 Engineer and 3 phone calls for them to work that out.

Right, need to figure out how to cable my house now, because I'm maxing out at 500mb over WiFi, need to get it wired :D

4 days later and another 55 minutes on the phone and it's FINALLY at 1146mb.

Basically, my router/HUB5 was registered to the wrong account. Its taken 1 Engineer and 3 phone calls for them to work that out.

Right, need to figure out how to cable my house now, because I'm maxing out at 500mb over WiFi, need to get it wired :D

That pretty much sums up virgin media, but oddly I believe they are improving hopefully though you never get that issue again!

What a joke, I still have my equipment here and they haven't asked for it :)

Hi David,

Thank you for returning our equipment.

We’ll get to work on refurbishing it so it’s good as new, ready to use for another customer. It’s all part of our promise to be better for the planet – saving precious resources, materials and energy when we’re manufacturing our products. We would love to get your feedback on the equipment returns process so that we can make improvements where we can.​
Based on your recent experience, how likely are you to recommend Virgin Media to a friend or colleague?

Last edited:
What a joke, I still have my equipment here and they haven't asked for it :)

Hi David,

Thank you for returning our equipment.

We’ll get to work on refurbishing it so it’s good as new, ready to use for another customer. It’s all part of our promise to be better for the planet – saving precious resources, materials and energy when we’re manufacturing our products. We would love to get your feedback on the equipment returns process so that we can make improvements where we can.​
Based on your recent experience, how likely are you to recommend Virgin Media to a friend or colleague?

Haha what a mess

Are Virgin supposed to check your wifi coverage when they install and provide boosters or similar?

Friend has just had Virgin broadband put in but can't get a decent wifi signal upstairs, I'm assuming as its a new install they will have the latest hub unless they giving out older ones on lower speed packages.

Any recommendations for a simple non-tech savvy wifi extender, they are too far away to just pop over and install something so plug n play is best.

Last edited:
How 'sticky' is the assigned WAN IP if used in Modem mode?

Very sticky, but it depends on if they are doing any engineering work in your area that resets DHCP or resegmenting the area - rare but possible. IIRC, I've had my current IP for several years, but there's no guarantee it won't change at some point.

Back
Top Bottom