Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Is there any wiggle room on contract lengths, as I think an 18 month (rather than 12 month) contract could be a deal breaker.
I don't think so, they used to do a rolling monthly option but I'm not sure if they still do.

Nextfibre FTTP will be excellent though.

Services at mum's house has been out for 4 days now due to fault in the area. Estimated fix is on Aug 2nd.

Mum's not happy at all. Apparently it's 9 quid a day compensation from the 3rd day onwards.

This is the first time in 15 years we've had a cable outage like this

Phonecall from the loyalty team this morning and they offered £40 a month for 500mb, with a boost to the next tier - 1gb
I told them I can see deals online for virgin 500mb for £33.99, but the lowest they could offer was £40.

I still have an O2 sim as well, but they still said they were unable to offer anything better.

The first person I spoke to yesterday offered me £39, retentions offered £41 and loyalty today offered £40
Makes no sense.

I guess I should put my order in with Vodafone then...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Phonecall from the loyalty team this morning and they offered £40 a month for 500mb, with a boost to the next tier - 1gb
I still have an O2 sim as well, but they say they are unable to offer anything better.

The first person I spoke to yesterday offered me £39, retentions offered £41 and loyalty today offered £40
Makes no sense.

I guess I should put my order in with Vodafone then...:rolleyes:

Vodafone are awful I would avoid.

:(
Below £40 per month I have a choice of Vodafone, Fibrely or Onestream and Fibrely and Onestream seem like they may be worse.
What network are they offering services on?

As you have actually cancelled VM, you will likely get more offers from retentions as you get closer to your cancellation date.

:(
Below £40 per month I have a choice of Vodafone, Fibrely or Onestream and Fibrely and Onestream seem like they may be worse.

I have had no dealing with the others you listed but have had many with Voda and I thought VM was bad those people at Voda are on same level in some ways worse.

Are you sure no other providers available?

It takes more time but sometimes you have to go on each site to check not trust the deals sites etc.

Last edited:
What network are they offering services on?

As you have actually cancelled VM, you will likely get more offers from retentions as you get closer to your cancellation date.
I'm not sure what the network is. Possibly openreach. It's not fully symmetrical.
The loyalty team already called back this morning with an offer of £40 and ended the call with keeping the cancellation in place.

I have had no dealing with the others you listed but have had many with Voda and I thought VM was bad those people at Voda are on same level in some ways worse.

Are you sure no other providers available?

It takes more time but sometimes you have to go on each site to check not trust the deals sites etc.
TBH I'm not sure, but other providers (EE, talktalk, BT, SKY, Zen, Plusnet) I've looked at are more expensive

Last edited:
I have a couple of old Amplifi HD routers I'm still using, although I have been tempted to upgrade them...

Out of the Openreach providers, how do I know which ones are good ones?
Perhaps I might be better going for a lower speed tier (500) from a better provider?

Last edited:
I would look at Aquiss, but I don't know how well Amplifi plays with PPPoE.

Thanks, I've used the availability checker and they say they aim to email back within an hour.

[edit] Florence from Aquiss has replied to say that their Full Fibre FTTP services are available.
[edit2] Apparently my Amplifi HD routers don't allow hardware NAT with PPPoE, so there's not much point going for the 1gig tier until I upgrade.
[edit3] I know it's not available in this area, but it's surprising how much cheaper the CityFibre packages are

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used the cooling off period to cancel right at the start of a new contract?

I complete on my house 9th August, earliest date I can get YouFibre FTTP is the 21st! Needless to say I can't go that long without internet, I can't work without it and even if I booked it all as holiday wtf am I gonna do with my time. So I'm wondering if I grab VM for say the 10th, activate and use it until the 20th then cancel as soon as YouFibre is installed - should work right?
Only issue is actually getting through to VM and cancelling it, took over an hour on hold last time I had to do that and if I miss my chance I'm on the hook for 2x18month contracts...

Back
Top Bottom