War Thunder - Free PS4 WW2 Fighter Jet Game - Tips, Tricks, etc

Associate
Tried so hard to like this as the pc version is really rather fun, but the control compared to the computer is just woeful and i think its the camera seeming to invert the controls half way through a turn that kills it for me anyway. And been able to hold a button to automatically stay behind another plane is just stupid.

Caporegime
OP
Not as easy as it sounds, greay way to smash into sce b ery

or into team mates who are all following the same target using the same method.

i have seen a plane being chased by 5-6 planes and 3-4 of them take each other out.

or if you have a fast turning plane you can make your opponent crash very easily like your saying by maneuvering quickly around something and they go straight into it as your on the other side rather than going around it.

Associate
Ok quick Q

I am playing British and have 5 planes 4 2 tier and 1 tier 3 Wellington

If i change the Wellington back to tier 2 so all my planes are tier 2 .

Does that mean i only go in tier 2 matches ?

Caporegime
OP
Ok quick Q

I am playing British and have 5 planes 4 2 tier and 1 tier 3 Wellington

If i change the Wellington back to tier 2 so all my planes are tier 2 .

Does that mean i only go in tier 2 matches ?

That is a very good question and the answer is no, whenever a tier is unlocked your now in that tier forever.

So it's best to not use the planes which will unlock the next tier unless your willing to do so.

This is imo a stupid way of doing things as you end up going into tiers with planes from the below tier and it is a lot harder for you to then get the points required to rank them up.

also in the russian research tree there is a plane that goes straight from tier 2 to tier 4/5 completely bypassing tier 3, i'm obviously going to avoid using thta plane once I have unlocked level 2-3 upgrades on it because then I will be in tier 4/5 with tier 2 planes

Associate
That is a very good question and the answer is no, whenever a tier is unlocked your now in that tier forever.

So it's best to not use the planes which will unlock the next tier unless your willing to do so.

This is imo a stupid way of doing things as you end up going into tiers with planes from the below tier and it is a lot harder for you to then get the points required to rank them up.

also in the russian research tree there is a plane that goes straight from tier 2 to tier 4/5 completely bypassing tier 3, i'm obviously going to avoid using thta plane once I have unlocked level 2-3 upgrades on it because then I will be in tier 4/5 with tier 2 planes

Took my tier 3 wellington up lasted about 2 mins . I was like wow .......

Associate
Wellies are best for suicide runs once your in the wrong tier, dive hard and fast and unleash your British goodness all over the enemy, shortly afterwards you will be shot down, if really lucky, bomb the units then kamikaze a ship or something

Caporegime
OP
I have pretty decent gunners I get tons of rp usually before being shot down.

I usually stay high, see where the dogfighting is and drop low and do quick drive by at 400mph, don't turn keep going straight and out run the fighters and climb slowly when I have gotten away.

If I go for a base I'll get one or two drops Max before being taken out.

Listening to all 4 gunners and seeing bullets firing everywhere is worth it.

I do it on domination now as well after my first fighter dies, that middle runway usually has like 5-10 planes all around it

Associate
Been work I ng on new tactic, and it rocks, 2 in squad, one is welly as bait, other is a spit, higher than welly; wellys are always gone for first, ducks in barrel for the spit

Associate
you need to see the white of their eyes, 200 or less, then let rip, at 450 and over you will miss a lot and run out of ammo really quick

Soldato
Started out on this yesterday, what a great game.

I'll start trawling through this thread looking for any tips :)

What country are you playing as?

First thing to look out for is being careful what you research on your planes. You start off in tier 1 games as you only have tier 1 planes, if you research enough on the tier 1 planes to research a tier 2 plane (as soon as the plane is unlocked for research) you'll wind up in tier 2 games with the bulk of players in T2 planes.

Soldato
What country are you playing as?

First thing to look out for is being careful what you research on your planes. You start off in tier 1 games as you only have tier 1 planes, if you research enough on the tier 1 planes to research a tier 2 plane (as soon as the plane is unlocked for research) you'll wind up in tier 2 games with the bulk of players in T2 planes.

Great Britain of course. :cool:
Thankyou for the tip

I was tempted to play as USA though as some of their old planes were awesome

Soldato
Russia have the best planes in Arcade mode, once realistic battles are opened UK/USA are good bets so choose carefully what country you want to be. It does take a good time to work your way up the tiers so starting afresh as I have done atm moving from UK to Russia can be time consuming!

Don't know too much about the US planes though, apart from the fact their early bombers are easy meat as they are literally huge!

Back
Top Bottom