Warhammer 40k book recommendations

I have over 400 books and kids, I will hopefully reach 10k one day but I doubt it :(:p:D my reading rate has slowed down the last couple of years to a book a month, used to be a book a week :p

I like the Curze story but it's another ruined by pre-knowledge of the ending. WOuld have been an extremely interesting arc and surprised it was ignored.

Over 400 kids? :eek:

Just finished Fear To Tread... was a bit meh to be honest. Very average book.

I'm now onto the second Gaunts Ghost book and I lovelovelovelove them, typical Dan Abnett quality. I wish they would just clone him and then get all his doppelgangers to write all the Warhammer 40k books. :D

You'll swiftly get tired of Abnett's 1 vs 1 million storylines.

I like Abnett's ability to set the scene and his character portrayal but his constant reliance on an against the odds victory storyline to set a scene grew tiring. I hated everything Ghosts from Traitor General onward (only in death was better than most but still depressingly average) and his Heresy stuff since the first one has been gash.

He's good at what he does but I got tired of his one trick pony escapades by the end :(

You'll swiftly get tired of Abnett's 1 vs 1 million storylines.

I like Abnett's ability to set the scene and his character portrayal but his constant reliance on an against the odds victory storyline to set a scene grew tiring. I hated everything Ghosts from Traitor General onward (only in death was better than most but still depressingly average) and his Heresy stuff since the first one has been gash.

He's good at what he does but I got tired of his one trick pony escapades by the end :(

Gash? Bit over the top I think, and of course pretty subjective, as personally I really liked Prospero Burns and Know No Fear.

Last edited:
Well they've announced some new bundles!

First 3 HH books in hardcover with ebook copies!

£81.97

Complete version of the next book Angel Exterminatus (hardback, ebook,audiobook and a poster!)

£53.50

Are they having a ******* laugh :eek:

In it for nothing but the money :(

I'll just wait until paperback versions (cue 5 year delays before paperbacks or just sole hardback releases next :rolleyes:) Would rather live without than pay over the odds.

Also, why the **** would you want 3 editions of the same book :confused:

Back
Top Bottom