Warhammer 40k book recommendations

Because it's complete newts, it makes you a bigger fan clearly :p

Sad thing is I bet some people will still buy this.

I love the books but the company are complete money grabbing *****, some of the worse I've ever seen

Just finished Shadows of Treachery and really enjoyed most of the stories. I thought the Night Lords stories were very interesting and would love to read a book based soley on them. Sevatar is a great character.

I have a question on the second to last story

Which legionnaire killed the metal worker chap?? Was it linked to something in the first book? I really can't remember but i think it provides a great twist to things

I'll have no qualms about 'acquiring' these ebooks online if they're going to massively delay the release of the paperbacks in order to sell the hardback versions.

An utter disgrace

Tut, naughty, wouldn't catch me doing that with any of my W40k books, or books in general.

Last edited:
The man who doesn't understand what a spoiler is returns ;)
And the people who don't understand the concept that the entire universe was based on this so-called "spoiler", with many many books coming before the Horus Heresy telling us this exact information, and the Horus Heresy only ever intended to provide backstory to said non-spoiler, continue to bleat. It's the same principle as watching Star Wars Eps I, II and III and then moaning when someone tells you that The Emperor is killed... despite them coming out years before and just intended as prequel backstories. Or The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings. :p :D

The emperor is dead lalalalalalalalalala :D

Last edited:
Yep, it's the backbone of the WH40K universe, the 'lore' has been around for over 20 years hasn't it? It was always referenced in the old 40K novels.

It's not a spoiler.

Here's a good one, the Heresy era takes place in the 30th Millenium. 10000 years later you have what is considered the present timeline. Just about everyone from the heresy period is dead.

Yep, it's the backbone of the WH40K universe, the 'lore' has been around for over 20 years hasn't it? It was always referenced in the old 40K novels.

It's not a spoiler.

Here's a good one, the Heresy era takes place in the 30th Millenium. 10000 years later you have what is considered the present timeline. Just about everyone from the heresy period is dead.

Whilst I do agree for me though, its the intrigue into how these characters, namely the Primarchs, meet their demise.

Even that is well established.'

Every event is pre-established they are just tickling the details, in a very long drawn out way :p

I guess but I've never read up on the lore. When I was really into the GW games when i was a youth, I hated reading so never bothered learning the history, just played the games and painted the figures. Now that this HH series has started, I've begun reading up on it but not knowing what exactly happens does make for a really enjoyable read. Especially in the last story in Shadows of Treachery

Back
Top Bottom