Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Associate
I'm still on with my Ogryn, currently at level 21. It definitely feels like the least played class from my time so far, usually I'm the only one on the team. I did get a game with all 4 of us as Ogryns at one point though, ranged enemies were a pain but the dialogue was pretty hilarious :D

The Ogryn seems to come into it's own when you unlock the shield and a few other ranged options between level 12-17. With the shield your melee loses a bit of oomph but you're no longer a sitting duck for ranged enemies and can start to become the tank you expect it to be. I've had a few occasions of just blocking a doorway or corridor on my own whilst the others focus on the objectives.

I've not messed about with all of the ripper gun variations yet, though they sound like they do have their uses. The grenade gauntlet felt nice for stunning/stumbling things at close range or quickly targeting an elite that might pop up. The grenade launcher is a nice crowd controller, especially when in tight quarters, it feels satisfying to head shot something with a grenade then watch the explosion take the trash out a second or two later. I'm loving the heavy stubber machine gun at the moment, that and the shield make a nice combo of being able to mix it up both offensively and defensively at short and medium ranges.

Sometimes you just need to let off some steam with a sustained 120 round barrage :D

Associate
I'm still loving my Zealot; bouncing around positions covering what's required at the time by the team. I hardly saw any others until last weekend. Where I'm now almost always getting at least one other in the team. It's strange but I'm putting it down to people starting on their 2nd, 3rd hero.

This was interesting. It's good to see how things are really working, as far as we can tell.

Soldato
The Ogryn seems to come into it's own when you unlock the shield and a few other ranged options between level 12-17.
I think that seems to apply with all of the characters. Finally getting the class specific weapons and some feats that stack together nicely. Certainly finding it the case with my Psyker, getting the hang of using the force weapons well - even if rifles seem more effective than the staffs a lot of the time.

Soldato
Zealot is up at 14 just now, 15 tonight. Crit dagger toughness build which makes it pretty tanky to normal mobs and some of the elites
Psyker is just 10 and the other 2 level 1. Trying to meter out playing to not blow through and burn out

Was reading up on the 40k lore and man it's a pretty screwed up place :cry: All the numbers as well just don't make any sense

Soldato
The Ogryn seems to come into it's own when you unlock the shield and a few other ranged options between level 12-17. With the shield your melee loses a bit of oomph but you're no longer a sitting duck for ranged enemies and can start to become the tank you expect it to be. I've had a few occasions of just blocking a doorway or corridor on my own whilst the others focus on the objectives.

I play as the Ogryn and didn't get on with the shield. I think it's useful in some cases, but a little niche. Much prefer the latrine shovel and grenade launcher, works really well with my team (2 mates).

Soldato
Put some more hours in last night, between 4 of us we had over 10 crashes, usually on the mission reward screen or as soon as loading into a mission, not sure if they did something on their end as no patch but the game was running far smoother.

Soldato
yep had some crashes last night, when it happens on the reward screen you still get the loot and xp at least

Best change they could've done, before it didn't if you crashed before you 'claimed' it via space bar it was lost. Several missions in the first beta was a waste in that regard.

Soldato
I did 2 runs late last night and they didn't crash for once. Though I'm not sure i could say the same for my team of rando's as they kept being swapped out with bots, one of the randos was going full tilt into RPing the Ogryn in txt chat which actually put a smile on my face after a really crappy day at work.

Does the ingame voice actually work? I have never heard anyone speak and I think it crashes Sonar/SteelSeries GG a lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the ingame voice actually work? I have never heard anyone speak and I think it crashes Sonar/SteelSeries GG a lot.

yeah had a game with one guy trying to tell us really obvious stuff like use this healing station. Then he died a few times

Associate
Enjoyed the pre-release beta, playing the veteran and zealot mostly. Had about 5 crashes to desktop over the two weeks and one game of frequent DCs but otherwise it was quite stable. Pretty pleased with the performance on my 7-year old PC as well: playing at 1080p high settings with FSR 1.0 (thanks AMD!) and getting 50-60fps. Fatshark have really delivered an immersive Warhammer 40K experience and captured the grimdark world. Love the banter and reactions between the classes depending on the personality you select as you run through the maps, etc.

The voice actor for "the professional" personality for the veteran has been streaming the beta and jumps in to random strike groups setup through the official discord and does full runs in character: "They got us surrounded...the poor ********!" :cry:

Associate
If anyone's struggling to find it on the Xbox app it wasn't there when I checked, but I'm downloading now via the MS store. Only 40GB, surprisingly.
And then another 40Gb once you start it :( and then got to 40.6GB on the second download and "error" :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom