Warhammer: Vermintide 2

I have just almost finished my first run through of the game with Viktor and my bot friends in single player mode and it's been a lot of fun. And seriously, despite coming out a couple of years ago now... is this one of the best looking FPS games ever made? I have everything maxed out at 4k on a 65" OLED and it looks absolutely jaw-dropping, really stunning. :eek:

Ok yes, it's a bit of a button masher, but it does it so well, with the satifying and visceral combat and cool enemy types. It just feels like Warhammer in a way few games can hope to. There's a lot of variety in this game I'm looking forward to playing with the other characters and classes and doing some multiplayer.

I actually got Vermintide 1 cheap too so I can play through the story afterwards. :)

Last edited:
I have just almost finished my first run through of the game with Viktor and my bot friends in single player mode and it's been a lot of fun. And seriously, despite coming out a couple of years ago now... is this one of the best looking FPS games ever made? I have everything maxed out at 4k on a 65" OLED and it looks absolutely jaw-dropping, really stunning. :eek:

Ok yes, it's a bit of a button masher, but it does it so well, with the satifying and visceral combat and cool enemy types. It just feels like Warhammer in a way few games can hope to. There's a lot of variety in this game I'm looking forward to playing with the other characters and classes and doing some multiplayer.

I actually got Vermintide 1 cheap too so I can play through the story afterwards. :)

Slayer. Get to slayer. I didn't start with Bardin, a friend did. He got to slayer, then spent a fair amount of the time just laughing down the mic. I eventually got to slayer. I now spend a good chunk of the matches laughing (maniacally). By far the most fun class I've played. Not the most effective, but A+++ for fun. Just something about throwing yourself at the enemy spamming all the buttons and before you know it, you can jump at the enemy again :D
If you're playing solo, it's worth leveling the other classes because AFAIK the AI will take the characters how you equip/spec them.

Just played a run with some mates, epic fun. About to start another. The bonus effects are great, ended up getting an effect that caused chain lightning on a critical hit, then later one I got a thing that gave me 3 seconds of guaranteed critical hits when I took damage. That was a hilarious combo :D

The second game trolled the crap out of me. Junk pickups, loads of block and grenade related ones whilst playing as Sienna, and only got weapons that I didn't like :(

Last edited:
So how do you play this new mode? I don't see anything new in the mission select screen and the new classes are saying that they're locked

So how do you play this new mode? I don't see anything new in the mission select screen and the new classes are saying that they're locked
Depending when you last played, AFAIK, there should be two 'new' classes. Grail Knight for Kruber and Steam Smith (?) or something for the Dwarf, both of which are DLC purchases. Not loaded up for a little while, so I don't know if they've added more for the update or since I last played.

Theres a new door in the keep on the right hand side of the main chamber, leads to the Chaos Waste "lobby" area

No daemons sucks. :(
It would have been nice to have something in, maybe a boss for each of the chaos gods, but it's a good free update IMO so not gonna complain :p
I've been really enjoying it, gotta love getting all the grenade upgrade skills and then finding no grenades :D

On a side note, if you get the "on career skill you duplicate a currently held item", it works with the store bought special heal and grenade.

Still love this game - 1000 hours in and there's just something about it. It's a shame that it gets overlooked because people don't do the higher difficulties...it's only when you get to Legend that it really shines because the mechanics change from "just spam left click" to being about damage mitigation and survival.

I've been playing Darktide, and it plays well, but it can't be underestimated how much having 5 fixed characters with exceptional VA, backstories and camaraderie adds to the game itself.
"bE mORe CaREfuL GOrrEkSsoN"

Installed this tonight after seeing this thread - what a load of rubbish and the graphics are a blurry mess

Back
Top Bottom