Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
a lot of 800d love in the last few posts :D

heres mine updated recently. a bit of a mess in this pic i know.
a 780 will be going in soon to replace the dodgy 580.
p1060073m.jpg

Love the black/blue theme

Is your gcard in danger of sagging a bit or is it my dodgy eyes again!? ;)

Associate
I've recently upgraded my case (550D), gfx card (zotac gtx 770 4GB), and watercooled everything.

In order to get it all to fit, I had to cut a hole for the 240 rad at the bottom, and move the drives into the optical bays at the top.

I went for this setup as I wanted a quiet rig that wasn't too big.
Not the best colour scheme (doesn't help that I ordered white hose, instead of clear! will change it when I next flush the system)

Soldato
Finally put my rig back inside a case, swapped out the 7970s for a GTX480 until the GTX780 Lightnings comes a knocking, will rejig the things i dislike when the blocks come out and i have time to strip it all down again.

No rads as this is cooled by a chiller, any tips or pointers will help as i'm helpless when it comes to making something look good :D

Soldato
Finally put my rig back inside a case, swapped out the 7970s for a GTX480 until the GTX780 Lightnings comes a knocking, will rejig the things i dislike when the blocks come out and i have time to strip it all down again.

No rads as this is cooled by a chiller, any tips or pointers will help as i'm helpless when it comes to making something look good :D

<...more pics...>

Hi,

I'm curious about how you've mounted the pump. I'm assuming that's the default mechanism that comes with the D5 XRES?
How is it secured to the case? Do the holes line up with 120mm fan holes?

Soldato
Hi,

I'm curious about how you've mounted the pump. I'm assuming that's the default mechanism that comes with the D5 XRES?
How is it secured to the case? Do the holes line up with 120mm fan holes?

Held in place by 1 screw, done very tightly :D Yes, the default bracket that comes with the res.
Doesn't move, but slightly bows as you can probably tell with the pictures. For a case that doesn't move it's more than enough (safe).

Soldato

Very nice mate, that's a tidy looking rig :cool:

Love that case :D

Associate
Hi,

Just wanted to show off my first attempt at watercooling - just been put back together and am now testing temps.

PICTURES:

Before Cable's Being Put Back In:
IMAG0063.jpg

Without Side Panel Once All Connected:
IMAG0071.jpg

With Side Panel Once All Connected:
IMAG0069.jpg

Kind of surprised by how well all of this went (being my first build and all).

Very proud of my new setup :)

Associate
Hi,

Yeah the case is the Phantom 410, part of the reason I'm impressed its in there ok.

The 240mm Radiator is the Hardware Labs Black ICE GT Stealth xFlow Radiator, if you go for the xFlow then you can't have the 120mm radiator mounted on the rear. However to me it's looks so much better with the pipes orientated that way.

I forgot to mention in the above post:

Kit is the OCUK 120mm Kit
+ EK-FC7970 Nickel & Acetal Block and Backplate
+ the 240mm Radiator
+ tubing and fitting.

Soldato

<...lots of nice pics...>

I've just noticed, are you running to pump/res combos in series?

Soldato
Soldato
I assume so? No idea what running in series means :o :(
I'm guessing i've done something wrong, or at least there's something i should be wary off?

Series basically means it goes from one into the other (most items in most water loops are in series, you sometimes see graphics cards done in parallel).

As for if it's wrong, I don't know. I know running pumps in parallel is bad or at least pretty pointless. Running pumps in series is supposed to be good from a redundancy as well as a pressure (or is it head or flow rate?) point of view. What I'm not sure about is if it still works with 2 pump/res combos.

Res -> pump -> pump = good
Res -> pump -> res -> pump = ???

I'm sure someone here will know if it's a problem.

Soldato
Ahh fair enough :)
I done it more to help break up the tubing when it comes back inside my case, try and make it look less messy. Although having a second pump working would benefit when i finally move the chiller next door so would be nice to hear whether i should ditch the bay res and just get a top for the pump.

Associate
If I were you and you are moving the chiller next door the just wire up the pump next door too then you can eliminate more moving parts
Especially seen as your pump is not isolated from the case so I would assume it is relatively loud

Soldato
Hi,

Yeah the case is the Phantom 410, part of the reason I'm impressed its in there ok.

The 240mm Radiator is the Hardware Labs Black ICE GT Stealth xFlow Radiator, if you go for the xFlow then you can't have the 120mm radiator mounted on the rear. However to me it's looks so much better with the pipes orientated that way.

I forgot to mention in the above post:

Kit is the OCUK 120mm Kit
+ EK-FC7970 Nickel & Acetal Block and Backplate
+ the 240mm Radiator
+ tubing and fitting.

So for the top radiator, did you mount it inside or outside the case? (i.e. Fans on top and radiator inside the case or Radiator on top with fans inside the case)

Associate
The radiator is mounted on the outside of the case under the cover, and the fans mounted internally... Unfortunately they don't seem to make a 280mm rad slim enough to fit up top without modding, and the 240mm slotted in with no modding at all.

Back
Top Bottom