WB (DC) WB meging with Paramount ?

Lol, they really know how to **** off the fans don't they :cry:

Its shambolic tbh, why allow Cavilll to announce to the whole world and even allow a cameo in BA then? It makes absolutely no sense at all? Not to mention Henry popularity will almost guarantee sales and hit regardless of the movie. There is no logical sense to doing a U turn like that.

Last edited:
Its shambolic tbh, why allow Cavilll to announce to the whole world and even allow a cameo in BA then? It makes absolutely no sense at all? Not to mention Henry popularity will almost guarantee sales and hit regardless of the movie. There is no logical sense to doing a U turn like that.
To pump black adam numbers.

What a fail! Big announcement mere weeks ago and now this!

Im sure James Gunn is great at what he does, but all I have seen is "comedy" superhero movies so far. GoTG is cool, albeit low tier Marvel. Peacemaker and Suicide Squad, again cool but not the main event for a universe.

Very low hopes for DC upcoming movies based on this.

p.s. I know no-one really cares for the Rock round these parts, but I'm curious what his response will be as all his hype now looks a bit hyperbolic!

rp2000

Suicide Squad is by far the best DC film so far though.

I'm reminded of my excitement when Steven Moffat took over as showrunner for Doctor Who. He'd written all the best episode so surely it was a slam dunk? Didn't quite work out that way though.

Or they're just preparing for a total reboot to totally jettison the **** Synder left them.

I do think it's a shame Cavil didn't get a Superman film under someone who doesn't have total distain for the basic idea of the character, but if losing that means we get a clean slate on the whole thing I can live with it.

Or they're just preparing for a total reboot to totally jettison the **** Synder left them.

I do think it's a shame Cavil didn't get a Superman film under someone who doesn't have total distain for the basic idea of the character, but if losing that means we get a clean slate on the whole thing I can live with it.
Not making Kevin Costner such as ass would have been a good start :(

I'm reminded of my excitement when Steven Moffat took over as showrunner for Doctor Who. He'd written all the best episode so surely it was a slam dunk? Didn't quite work out that way though.

Thought the first was ok but second was so so. So he does make mistakes as well like we all do. The whole Joker thing in SS was a walkback as well. Another oops lets just reboot him. How on earth are they ever going to get close to Marvel. Yes Phase 4 was disappointing but DC still no where near imo.

Last edited:
They allowed Cavill to announce, because the people in charge of DC at the time OK'd it and told him to announce; Cavill didn't do an anncouncement on their own without approval. They however, are not in charge of the new "template" that Safran and Gunn are in charge of and requires everyone to follow. And after planning around the last few weeks, Safran and Gunn do not have confidence in the ability to tell a story with established characters which aren't their own/or want to put their own stamp on things (A Casey Hudson Mass Effect 3 ending moment). So they want their own Superman and thus told Cavill to make a new statement about no longer being Superman.

In a way, not Safran or Gunns fault, but the point still stands; if they were good story tellers, they'll be able to salvage anything and tell a good story at the same time. Especially since there's good will towards Cavill in the role overall.

They need to take the loss on The Flash and bin it. Ezra Miller is toxic and I can't see it doing them any favours having him attached to anything going forward.

Last edited:

We would not be film friends :p

First one was OK but nothing more and the second one was garbage.

Back
Top Bottom