WB (DC) WB meging with Paramount ?

Well that was *****, Cavill's been the best fist for superman for years. Maybe Nick Cage can finally get his shot.........:cry:

jenofmo.jpg

(no that's not shopped, quite the foredome)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kyo
They allowed Cavill to announce, because the people in charge of DC at the time OK'd it and told him to announce; Cavill didn't do an anncouncement on their own without approval. They however, are not in charge of the new "template" that Safran and Gunn are in charge of and requires everyone to follow. And after planning around the last few weeks, Safran and Gunn do not have confidence in the ability to tell a story with established characters which aren't their own/or want to put their own stamp on things (A Casey Hudson Mass Effect 3 ending moment). So they want their own Superman and thus told Cavill to make a new statement about no longer being Superman.

In a way, not Safran or Gunns fault, but the point still stands; if they were good story tellers, they'll be able to salvage anything and tell a good story at the same time. Especially since there's good will towards Cavill in the role overall.

I think that's blatantly obvious. Ofc Henry not going to announce something without confirming with DC. Just look how it's made them look with egg on their face, nevermind the embarrassment. I would have thought James Gunn main priority is to bring some stability into DCU and then a clear direction where they want to go. Not have numerous reboots every time they mess up or decide to reset. How many superman's and Batman's shenanigans have we had? DCCU is a complete mess.

Surely you want to consolidate on the positives and build on your existing popularity and IPs. So again. What happens to Aquaman, Flash etc? Yup reset again cause you can't really.add them into anything if their goal is to reset kill off all remnants of the Snyderverse.

It's a very risky move and would take even more time to re-establish themselves which might not necessarily work imo because it divides opinion and will always get compared with the existing movies, even the bad ones. There is no getting away from that.

Last edited:
Well that was *****, Cavill's been the best fist for superman for years. Maybe Nick Cage can finally get his shot.........:cry:

jenofmo.jpg

(no that's not shopped, quite the foredome)

They must been high and drunk to allow that to get that far LoL. Crazy stuff.

They must been high and drunk to allow that to get that far LoL. Crazy stuff.

Footage of him getting fitted for one of several suit variations. They had all these odd costumes that were semi transparent with fibre optics running through them. Mad stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Kyo
Not forgetting Cavill is 39 now so not much longevity for a superman role in mass franchise. 41/42 by time next film would come out. Amy Adams is 48 too.

Need to be looking at those in their late 20s early 30s for these roles assuming a 10-15 year stint.

Momoa is 43, Gadot 37, Affleck 50 etc.

I'm surprised Cavills Superman is so fondly remembered to the point that this is such a big deal. He wasn't terrible in the role but wasn't exactly inspiring either and the films in which he appeared where utter dross.

Saying that, there's clearly enough fans to justify a completely separate release of Justice League so what do I know :confused:

I'm surprised Cavills Superman is so fondly remembered to the point that this is such a big deal. He wasn't terrible in the role but wasn't exactly inspiring either and the films in which he appeared where utter dross.

Saying that, there's clearly enough fans to justify a completely separate release of Justice League so what do I know :confused:

Considering all the past mistakes and reboots he the best Superman we had since Christopher Reeves that who the closest to the source material. People wants to see Superman yet hard to believe DC could **** up that many times with Superman, its unbelievable. The laughable Nick Cage above says it all. Absolute no thought or love put into at all.

Last edited:
All this talk of best Supermen. There's only been 3 on the big screen and we really should give the Brandon Routh version any of our time!

He's as good as Reeves was, which was great at the time.

I liked Henry in the role as he has the physicality that is needed for the role in modern times. But Reeves was just as good for the films of his era (very little CGI etc back then and no real scope for the ups, universes etc).

Anyway, big loss for DCEU. I have this terrible fear that James Gunn will turn everything into a comedy and focus on less known DC heroes. Superman should be front and centre of any new DC universe, and having a film of his earlier life is a terrible starting point.

Edit: I'm only really basing that on GOTG and Suicide Squad. Not terrible films but middle or low tier within their own shared universe's to be honest.

rp2000

To be fair it wasn't Brandon Ruth fault..Blame the director and screenwriter. All he did was lift things and fly in the movie. He did the best he could with what he had.

Back
Top Bottom