WB (DC) WB meging with Paramount ?

It doesn't say they're letting him go :confused:

It just says another Black Adam film is not planned for now. No reason he couldn't appear in another film.
Er,
a long awaited Black Adam update regarding the characters future in the new DCU.....Black Adam will not be appearing in their 1st chapter of storytelling
it's not about a new film...

Last edited:
Exactly...

If they were letting him go it would be phrased like the Cavill announcement. It doesn't say they're recasting him, just that they don't have imminent plans for the character.

Well they had to issue the Cavil statement as they are recasting the character, be that with the Calvin Ellis version they've been working on, or with whatever new young version they go with. Saying they've no current plans to use Black Adam in the 1st chapter of the rebooted DCU is them essentially saying goodbye to the Rock. Anyone with half a brain can see they've 'let him go'.

You can read what you want but it doesn't remotely say that lol. It even says they're open to exploring future possibilities. If they really were saying good bye they'd just say they will recast like they have with Superman.

Last edited:
To be honest this is the last of The Rock in the DCEU in my opinion.

The message he posted is just to save face for both parties and (probably) maintain any existing relationships for their production company, 7 Bucks productions.

I'm biased, but the Rock single handedly promoted the character and movie all over social media for 2 years, and was "involved" in getting Henry back. I'm sure he's released that statement with gritted teeth and anger, but he will never expose negativity like that as he's a nice guy.

I doubt he could appear in the MCU, but I cling on to that hope!

Edit: I learnt yesterday that Henry Cavills agent/manager is Danny Garcia, Dwayne's wife.

rp2000

Last edited:
Was thinking the same thing. I am sure he won't be pleased to be put on hold despite his efforts and personal investment with BA. There could be movies in the future but would he wait that long? With his status and pride I don't think so. It's shame really BA is far from perfect but it sparked fan interest to all the Henry Cavill and Synderverse fans.

Last edited:
And why should they still be caring about Synderverse fans? His take was tried, it failed. Then they had a tantrum about every remaining DC property released until they got their way, got the Synder cut and it still didn't move the needle an iota.

They're exactly who James Gunn was talking about in his statement today.

And why should they still be caring about Synderverse fans? His take was tried, it failed. Then they had a tantrum about every remaining DC property released until they got their way, got the Synder cut and it still didn't move the needle an iota.

They're exactly who James Gunn was talking about in his statement today.
Didn't move needle? They forced a JL Synder cut to be completed and the end result was so much better than that disaster by Josh Whedon. It cost WB 370m to make and generated 670m. You don't think there was any Fans to put that much pressure nor was it a success?

Last edited:

All I see is comedy super hero films. It's going to take more than that to outgross the Snyder movies, or even come close to rivalling the MCU. Of the two Suicide Squad movies I preferred the one with Will Smith over Idris Elba and Peacemaker was funny, but you take out the over the top violence blood gore and swearing and it's just another crappy John Cena vehicle, the poor man's Dwayne Johnson :D

I really liked the Snyderverse movies and characters. Considering they were playing catchup to the MCU it was a good effort and it would have probably been better to keep them and write new stories for them, using the Flash movie as a soft reset.

rp2000

Dawn of the Dead is a comedy super hero film?

I genuinely can't take anyone that thinks the first Suicide Squad was better seriously. That was a damn dreadful film.
Nope, just meant from the list of films he's directed/written that are in the super hero genre are all comedy pieces. They're not bad films, I like the GoTG films and Super is also quite good and unique.
Brightburn was serious but he only produced that.

I will clarify my statement regarding the Will Smith Film :D I found both the confusingly named films quite terrible, and have only watched them once each, but from that single viewing I preferred the 1st one.

rp2000

Thor love and Thunder was a perfect example where you put too much comedy it becomes a gag reel rather than a proper movie. Not convinced JG can turn it around but I hope so for DC sake cause it been nothing but reboots and inconsistencies. They need stability of some sort to set the foundation and consolidate on their successes. Rebooting again starts from scratch again. How many more times you want to see Batman's origin story or Clark adolescent life with his developing powers. Everyone sick of seeing the same thing over and over again. Let their protagonists actually do something they are famous for, for once. Fight a world level threat, anything ?!!!

Last edited:
They need stability of some sort to set the foundation and consolidate on their successes. Rebooting again starts from scratch again. How many more times you want to see Batman's origin story or Clark adolescent life with his developing powers. Everyone sick of seeing the same thing over and over again. Let their protagonists actually do something they are famous for, for once. Fight a world level threat, anything ?!!!

Thats been DC's downfall for about two decades now. The MCU had a set plan and they were allowed to followed it even if it had a few dips here and there whereas DC wanted to emulate that same idea but rushed everything, making too many of the films less enjoyable, and then got scared over the negative reactions, throwing all future plans out irrespective of it's worth.

They need "someone" (and I doubt thats Gunn for me) with a 7-10 year plan of 'safe but entertaining' films to build upon and the studio needs to trust that "someone" enough to let them just do it their way without interference (ala Feige and MCU). However I will now confidently predict (you can put a £1 bet on it) that whatever the Gunn universe turns out to be, it will also be a flop and DC will have wasted another 5 years betting on the wrong horse.

Last edited:
Thats been DC's downfall for about two decades now. The MCU had a set plan and they were allowed to followed it even if it had a few dips here and there whereas DC wanted to emulate that same idea but rushed everything, making too many of the films less enjoyable, and then got scared over the negative reactions, throwing all future plans out irrespective of it's worth.

They need "someone" (and I doubt thats Gunn for me) with a 7-10 year plan of 'safe but entertaining' films to build upon and the studio needs to trust that "someone" enough to let them just do it their way without interference (ala Feige and MCU). However I will now confidently predict (you can put a £1 bet on it) that whatever the Gunn universe turns out to be, it will also be a flop and DC will have wasted another 5 years betting on the wrong horse.
100% this.

But the key thing in the second paragraph that needs to be highlighted, is this:

Feige knew that the Actors "embody" the character. And that a flop with them doesn't mean you go recasting or changing things, especially if no one feels the Actor is the issue. Thor Dark World anyone? Chris Hemsworth is still there.

The other thing is of course, that you need to pivot sometimes, and not stick to a particular plan. Slates and plans mean nothing, because if the slate and/or plan is plain rubbish in the end, or you need something done that came up out of the blue, and you don't know how to pivot, then it's a "you snooze, you lose". This is what happened with Civil War and BvS. There was no Civil War at all, but Feige understood, and pivoted and changed to make it happen. Gunn and Safran has not shown they are a Feige level of management of a film Universe as they're 100% staking everything onto this slate/plan of theirs. Which saddly (highly suggests) that if they don't hit multiepl home runs with the next few movies, another reboot will be upcoming. THEN, not only will they have wasted the new DCU, they will have thrown away a potential renewed DCEU as well. Harking back to WBD/DC not knowing what to do and mismanaging it, all over again.

It would be funny if Henry Cavill played Hyperion (Marvel's Superman) in MCU. Highly unlikely but it would be a great message to DC, if you don't want him. We take him and do it properly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom