Weight loss target: -3.5 stone in 5 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
tbh.. FoxEye I wouldn't set a specific target like X stone in Y months - if you become really keen to do something like that then you could end up just following some fad diet for just those Y months etc..

Might just be better to make some changes to your diet and lifestyle that you'll stick with not just for Y months but permanently - your goal simply being to continue to lose weight until you're at a healthier weight... whether that takes 5 months or 2 years... so long as you've made the changes - cut down one crap food/started doing more exercises and can see that you're starting to lose weight/get into shape then that's all that counts - you don't need to make things super hard for yourself by fasting or anything like that. Just cutting out excess sugar/reducing junk food etc.. making more meals from scratch and doing a bit more exercise ought to be sufficient.
Hands-down the best advice in this thread. :)

Caporegime
OP
Too late for that, target has been set and will be achieved. No deviation, no excuses. Just tunnel vision until I get the outcome I want.

This time it's about being dogged and determined and getting this done.

The lifestyle change can come about as a consequence/ during the process.

Don
Too late for that, target has been set and will be achieved. No deviation, no excuses. Just tunnel vision until I get the outcome I want.

This time it's about being dogged and determined and getting this done.

The lifestyle change can come about as a consequence/ during the process.

Then you are going to fail.

Listen to the advice from the people who have done this before.

Associate
Echoing others, it's going to be difficult to achieve the weight loss in 5 months, it's almost too much to lose in that short space of time. You need to be dedicated to your diet to maintain 2 lbs weight loss per week. You've got less than 22 weeks which means you'll need to lose 2.3 lbs each week. If you lose 5-6 lbs of water in the first week or so you could probably do it BUT this assumes you know your TDEE and can consistently eat 500 kcals below this each week.

Anyway good luck mate :)

Soldato
W
Then you are going to fail.

Listen to the advice from the people who have done this before.

I set a target and achieved my goal

As a consequence of trying to reach that goal my lifestyle and eating habits have changed, I'm now maintaining my current weight

Not failing!

Soldato
Echoing others, it's going to be difficult to achieve the weight loss in 5 months, it's almost too much to lose in that short space of time. You need to be dedicated to your diet to maintain 2 lbs weight loss per week. You've got less than 22 weeks which means you'll need to lose 2.3 lbs each week. If you lose 5-6 lbs of water in the first week or so you could probably do it BUT this assumes you know your TDEE and can consistently eat 500 kcals below this each week.

Anyway good luck mate :)

It's achievable but takes determination

I found after the first few weeks I didn't crave food anymore (it was actually sugar I was craving ) and those times where I felt hungry I drank water, the longer time went on the less I felt like eating, now I eat because I need to not because I crave anything

So basically stick in those first few weeks and it will get easier

Man of Honour
11 stone for 5'9 is a good weight, given that I have very little muscle mass making up that figure. I don't particularly want to be buff but I would like to be agile/spritely.

Agile and/or spritely are more likely to come from exercise than just losing weight I'd suggest. If you're just thin and in a calorie deficit then you're probably not going to have much energy for being spritely.

Best of luck with your plan to lose weight but I'd have to ask what has changed since your previous post of "Assuming zero willpower? Well done if in the past month you've discovered unknown and untapped reserves of willpower.

Caporegime
I need to do this as well as my weight has gradually crept up and I'm getting married in August so I've got 5 months to lose about 2-3 stone.

At the moment I am 5' 10" and just over 15 stone.

Commissario
Twelve stone of weight loss simply by counting calories, nothing else whatsoever.

This is the effect it had on me.

9te3XZA.png

One of the effects of reducing carbs down to practically nothing is that you generally reduce your calorie intake as well, hence it may seem as though the low carbs are causing the weight loss but the real reason is calories in vs calories out.

Be sensible, count calories. Do a bit of exercise if you want but as long as you remember that it's all about calories in vs calories out then you'll be fine and lose weight.

Log everything you eat, weigh everything and remember that there's no such thing as "free foods" which the weightwatcher idiots will try and tell you. They don't exist.

This is a really good read by someone who speaks a lot of sense. So is this.

He has some great 'infographics' which always make me chuckle.

ilfri1B.jpeg

k8bE8pG.jpeg

lXOUvi0.jpeg

U9cEypz.jpeg

Soldato
You could also try Huel - www.huel.com

Just no......

Change your lifestyle/eating habits - short term meal replacement stuff is not the answer.
  • Eat clean (anything with more than 4 ingredients in/or anything that you don't know what it is don't eat it)
  • Drink lots of water
  • Stay off high sugar/fast food/processed food.
  • Do some exercise - walking/cycling/swimming - anything is better than nothing.
  • Eat less than your burning. As Feek says - calorie counting is pretty simple with a load of apps out there
But you need to change your long term habits - short term weight loss is easy - but as this thread shows, long term is much harder to keep it off. But if you change your habits, it becomes simple.

Soldato
Just no......

Change your lifestyle/eating habits - short term meal replacement stuff is not the answer.
  • Eat clean (anything with more than 4 ingredients in/or anything that you don't know what it is don't eat it)
  • Drink lots of water
  • Stay off high sugar/fast food/processed food.
  • Do some exercise - walking/cycling/swimming - anything is better than nothing.
  • Eat less than your burning. As Feek says - calorie counting is pretty simple with a load of apps out there
But you need to change your long term habits - short term weight loss is easy - but as this thread shows, long term is much harder to keep it off. But if you change your habits, it becomes simple.

I agree with you, but there’s nothing wrong with Huel. It’s not a short term meal replacement.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is nothing wrong with Huel. It’s not a short term meal replacement.

so for the remainder of you life - your going to continue to pay for a powdered food at £40 a bag OR eat a sensible diet that does the same job?? You choice I guess - but I can't see how taking a powdered food replacement longer term is good for you or your wallet.

Soldato
so for the remainder of you life - your going to continue to pay for a powdered food at £40 a bag OR eat a sensible diet that does the same job?? You choice I guess - but I can't see how taking a powdered food replacement longer term is good for you or your wallet.

Depends on your circumstances. I use it 2-3 times a week as a meal replacement for some meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom