Poll: WenGo or WenStay?

Is Wenger's time up?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
More toxic I would say was e.g. When Eboue came back from injury, came on as sub, got lots of flak from the stands (to be fair he was absolute gash) and then got subbed off again to thunderous boos. In terms of performances I've not heard anything worse this season really than the CL games against Olympiacos/Anderlecht where we let mediocre teams score 3 goals.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
One thing I don't think us Arsenal supporters realise tho, is that the potential departure of Wenger will probably mean the breaking up of the team.
I realise this, hence post #36. Now is a very bad time to be asking Wenger to go. Should have either dan it after we won an FA Cup and got in Klopp or Pep. But not now...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
IMO he should leave at the end of the season.

Either way, whoever is managing Arsenal next season they're going to need backing from the board (£££).
There is only 100m in reserves, so not like much will change with new manager. Wenger has been spending a lot relatively as it is lately anyway.

Caporegime
I'd say if he gets top four stick with him, Arsenal fans need to be careful what they wish for if he leaves it's not a given that things will get better, it could be quite the opposite.

Soldato
Who will replace him that will improve us? No one in the market right now will strengthen us and half the first team squad will want to leave if Wenger goes now, so it just makes no sense to me.
bloke from Seville and Juventus are a good bet. Juventus Manager is likely to be available as well.

Half our players wont leave.

Some may leave if wenger is still in charge ie sanchez and ozil.

As DM said, some players got too comfy with wenger as a manager as his a soft manager known to be polite and nice to them.

Associate
Time for Wenger to go, i respect what he's put into the club over the years but it's all gone stale.

Ljungberg has left his coaching role at Arsenal to join Jonker at Wolfsburg. Wonder what the reasoning is behind their decision.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
One thing I don't think us Arsenal supporters realise tho, is that the potential departure of Wenger will probably mean the breaking up of the team.
Arguably the team needs to be broken up if it isn't performing to the expected level. I look at the current team and they don't often play like a true single unit anyway. Ozil&Alexis understanding isn't any better than Fabregas&RvP or Bergkamp&Ljungberg was. Bellerin looks like he could develop a good understanding with the forwards but you look at the spine i.e. CBs and CMs and really that isn't a team, you compare Kos&Mustafi to say Adams&Keown, Campbell&Toure and it doesn't convince me, likewise whoever plays in the centre of the park it is just two players, none of which are as good individually as Vieira or Cesc anyway.

I've said this before but I think the main failing of Wenger was that in the mid-noughties his policy was to try and build a team for the future rather than the present. This resulted in some of the superstars moving on as they didn't want to wait the few years it would take for enough of Wenger's prospects to potentially come to fruition. Having followed football since the 1980s with the possible exception of Ajax in the mid-90s I have never, ever seen an elite title winning team dismantled as quickly as Arsenal 2004 - within 5 years basically nobody was left except for like Clichy who wasn't first choice anyway. As a tactic this might have worked in the past but in the new world with Abramovich and then Man City being able to go out and buy basically a fully squad of finished articles it just wasn't competitive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom