Poll: WenGo or WenStay?

Is Wenger's time up?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
To me it just looks like the players don't want to play under him anymore.

Devoid of tactics and different plans for different scenarios.

I heard that both him and Sanchez shook hands today at their training session, so there is something to the rumours they had a falling out of sorts.

It really is time for Wenger to go, I appreciate everything he has done for us and to me will always be a legend. But as I've said plenty of times, we won't be winning any titles under him or even trophies.

I hope that this season we don't get top4 and Spurs finish above us. In fact if it means we finish out of the top 4 for the next few seasons, then maybe that is for the best.

The board have become too complacent with our usual yearly top4 finishes. Maybe a few seasons out of the top 4 will finally show the board that we need a new direction.
well said

Bloody plastic fans!!!

Calm down, just joking :p;)

Don
Yes. This thread was created to discuss Wenger's future and that alone, not whether you'd like to see Arsenal have a good run in the Europa League or how much Sanchez should be paid. If we're finished discussing Wenger's future then I'll close this thread.

Don
It wasn't linked. We went from discussing Wenger's future to somebody randomly saying they'd like a Europa League run to Jonney asking what people would offer Sanchez if they were on the Arsenal board.

As the debate on Wenger appeared to run its course I'll close this until it needs opening again to stop people using it as the Arsenal thread.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Wenger really has lost the plot finally. Hes suggesting that fans and companies will start suing if video refereeing isn't brought in. Whinging about missed penalties and sending offs against Bayern again.

Firstly, the result of a game doesn't determine whether people watch it or not. Thats like saying you wouldn't have bet on that horse after the race has been run and you lost. Completely stupid.

Secondly, plenty of decisions are still not black and white. The penalty Neymar won in the game vs PSG was as stonewall as you will ever see in my opinion yet others didn't think it was a penalty at all.

Thirdly, people only ever seem to remember the decisions the losing team didn't get. The number of times I have read an article about a game and it goes on about how the losing team didn't get a penalty here, perhaps player X shouldn't have got a second yellow, perhaps one of their players should have had a yellow earlier in the game etc. If you have watched that game you think yeah, thats true. Whats also true is that the losing team should have had another player sent off, 2 of their players should have been on yellows after the first 10 minutes and the winning team could have had 3 penalties. The bias against the winning team is quite amazing even during a game. They ignore a penalty for the team who is winning and its just a bit unfortunate and ignored after the first mention. The losing team don't get one and its mentioned every 10 minutes.

Its like the shirt pulling in the box argument. Show me a corner where at least 3 players from both teams are not doing it and I will be amazed. Who should the decision go to. Take that to a video ref and you might get something like:

We have looked at the footage and the defender is fouling the attacker so its a penalty. Another attacker was holding back a different defender however so its a free kick. The goalkeeper was being intentionally blocked and held by another attacker so thats anther free kick.

Whats the decison?

Soldato
I think the board will sack him because this season hasn't exactly been a massive success, the growing pressure and the fact that he looks to have lost most of his will to fight I think he will be gone by August.

Don
Arsenal's board will only care if they stop selling out matches and or they fail to make the CL. Of course they'd rather win things but the priority is getting in the CL - Kroenke knows he could spend £100m+ and still not win the league given the level of competition so he's happy to spend little or nothing and come 4th. Wenger is literally Kroenke's dream manager.

Soldato
Wenger will stay even if we don't get top 4 (which is looking quite likely), we'll get smashed in the next round of the FA Cup too. The board have already said in previous seasons that we don't need to get top 4 when discussing Wenger's contract so I don't see why that would change now. I think he genuinely wants Arsenal to do well but mistakenly thinks he's the right man for the job and getting 8 mil a season can't hurt either. I wish I could find some stats for games against the top 6 in the premier league and against sides from other top leagues such as Spain and Germany over the last 3 - 4 years. The win rate must be beyond terrible. I don't go into any big games now thinking we'll get result. I know how we'll play, when he'll make his subs and who they are. He's so tired and predictable. All the great times he's given Arsenal fans over the years now has been eroded. Not looking forward to the next 3 years at all.

Caporegime
At this rate I think the board will push him out at the end of the season
Absolute rubbish, they won't push him out due to many reasons.

Hell he would still be manager if Arsenal do not qualify for CL. Which I hope that this season we don't qualify as it's a waste of time and just serves as another way to make money for the board.

If anyone is leaving, it will be Ozil and Alexis leaving for better pay and better title chances.....over to City and/or Utd and possibly Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom