Poll: What AM4 motherboard will you be getting?

What manufacturer AM4 will you be buying?

• Asus

Votes: 93 33.0%
  • Asrock

Votes: 66 23.4%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 81 28.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • other.

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Associate
B350 Tomahawk AMD B350 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard is in stock ^^
So what is the big difference between B350 and X370?
1x PCI-e 3.0 as I see it.

Less SATA, USB, M.2 slots, no SLI, worse audio but, considering the mid-long term motherboard stock issue, you can go for it. AM4 BIOS are still a work in progress anyway.

Associate
Half tempted to grab a Tomahawk and cancel my Carbon, just want to get my PC up and running!
Just think about how you need then to take everything apart to fit the new motherboard...

I can probably leave all the tubes and radiators alone, just change the backplate on the CPU waterblock. But the reservoir/pump is on the right hand side and the motherboard on the other with a metal plate between them. So the case cannot be just flipped over to the side and there is the graphics card also hanging around. I may have to take all liquid out first...
The power cables...

Soldato
The scarcity of boards and reliability issues are starting to concern me and put me off a bit. I am tempted to scrap the idea of a new build and spend the money on my car instead. :(

Associate
But we don't know that, only thing we do know is that these gigabyte boards are in stock. Now if ocuk have MSI coming in the next couple of days I'll wait, but if it's going to be another week or two then I'll cancel

Associate
Hello mans, what do you think about MB on B350? I want to overclock but not extreme, so I'm not needed in SLI. Preliminarily I'm looking onto ASRock AB350 Pro4, Giga GA-AB350-Gaming 3 or MSI B350 TOMAHAWK. Asrock is looking the best by its 9 phase VRM, but MSI B350 have many good responses as here on forum as on internet shop sites. And I like giga because use its motherboards during last 7 years. So as I heard good overclocking MB need presence of clock generator for changing of BCLK. Are there any MB on B350 that have clock generator?

Soldato
I'd love to get a B350 board around the £100 Mark. But the CHVI is calling my name just because it has the AM3 mounting holes.

I've got an old Swiftech Apogee Drive v1 that isn't going to get an AM4 bracket. So taking over my old pump/block combo would be lovely to be honest.

But it seems like no other boards are coming out with AM3 compatibility.

Soldato
Hello mans, what do you think about MB on B350? I want to overclock but not extreme, so I'm not needed in SLI. Preliminarily I'm looking onto ASRock AB350 Pro4, Giga GA-AB350-Gaming 3 or MSI B350 TOMAHAWK. Asrock is looking the best by its 9 phase VRM, but MSI B350 have many good responses as here on forum as on internet shop sites. And I like giga because use its motherboards during last 7 years. So as I heard good overclocking MB need presence of clock generator for changing of BCLK. Are there any MB on B350 that have clock generator?

Check where the phases are going, is i recalling Gaming 3 is 5+3 and one for ram . Higher end boards have 2 for ram and should get a better ram OC with future BIOS

Back
Top Bottom