What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
Playing Like a Dragon, a fantastic game for older gamers as it comes complete with arcade games ranging from 1985 to 2000 or so, Virtua Fighter 2, both versions, Virtua Fighter 3, Outrun, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, Super Hang On.

Virtua Fighter 3 worth it alone, was less than a tenner for Like a Dragon and 7 other games on Humble Bundle. Humble Bundle been great for choosing games, lot of fillers but usually alwaus one or two good ones.

Edit: It's actually Virtua 5 in Like A Dragon, not 3, making it even better, VF5 is still one of the best fighting games around that I prefer over a few 3D modern fighters.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The wonderful...... Redfall. :o

TBF Lyon made Dishonored and its sequel too. They're currently working on Marvel's Blade which has huge potential.

Yeah. I think they make these games in hope they will be very popular with the online crowd. At least that's what Redfall sounded like.

Zero interest in stuff like that myself. So many better choices for me if I wanted to do online or multiplayer style game.

Associate
I think the first game I spent much time playing was Sid Meiers' Pirates but I have never found a pirate game since that appealed. I tried Black Flag a couple of times but couldn't get into it.

To be honest, black flag did it better than skull and bones. Actually boarding and jumping onto the other deck to fight in AC:BF and now its just a cutscene. But it expanded on the Ship to ship combat in some other ways. Not enough that I could recommend it, and not if you didn't like black flag.

They only just ended a free weekend, maybe wait and see if they give away black flag again like in 2017 or a free play and give it a go then.

Associate
After 12 years off resubbed Eve Online for a month to see what's up. They've totally re-done the new game experience i'ts miles better, clearly a lot of effot gone into it. Being able to spend real money to boost skill training is kinda off putting but not super bothered.

They've gone hard on the 'dailys' to get people to log in

Tried some Faction warfare, fun for a while but it's nearly all t1 frigs and destroyers, doesn't exactly get the blood pumping. Also need to be in a very specific location to do it, seems like something you'd want an alt for

The game still has 20-30k people logging in but considering it's partly gone free to play suspect it's inundated with alts and bots.

Overall considering it's 12 years bit underwhelmed tbh, some new ships, new race. Still the same old EVE issue i remember, 90% of the time the game is boring as hell:p

Last edited:
Associate
CS2

Practice map Dust2 with some bots

Game ends in about 10-15mins then Im done.

Thats about all I have time for nowadays....bought Doom Eternal years ago and have yet to load it up.... :(

Associate
Just got back into pc gaming having built myself a new one after a 15 year absence (real world got in the way), so only playing a couple of things at the min, HD2 which is immense fun and Manor Lords for chilling. Wife is obsessed with Sims 4 if that counts :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom